It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:40 am 
Private
Private

aister wrote:
@mfreak then don't boost. Willy Wonka in M1 doesn't boost, doesn't use such tactics to save oil and he still gets rank 1. Btw he doesn't have crystal too.

He's in my alliance. We know.

Everyone else can make it through the game. some people find these updates are annoying but still stick to the game. Some can even find another way to play.

Yes, but these updates are ruining the game slowly but surely.

These updates don't affect only you, they affect us all. And when something change, we must adapt to it. Change ur strategy. And who know, in the future they make a boost of power to the damage units, and we have to remake our squad setup.

The problem isn't changing strategy, it's constricting resources so that we are forced to boost. I don't mind boosting. I boosted on M1 and E4. But I boost because I want to. Not because I have to.

Overcome a disadvantages (not disadvantages, difficulties) is wat the call strategy, my friend. And finding some way to cheat something legitimately is not being innovative at all. And it's a right thing to change the rules to prevent that.
How is this cheating? This is a strategy game. And this is strategy. Conserving oil.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:57 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Quote:
How is this cheating? This is a strategy game. And this is strategy. Conserving oil.

Why did u think they put res cap there? And using a way to have more than res cap is basically cheating.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Why did u think they put res cap there? And using a way to have more than res cap is basically cheating.

So buying 30k resource cap is not cheating? How does it become wrong when you conserve oil but not when you use your 50 tokens to buy the res cap. That clearly shows what its all about.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:13 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I feel used... I feel ignored... I feel everything is going in the wrong direction.

More resources = more armies = more battles = more resource boosting = more fun.

Less resources = less battles = less need to boost = less fun.

Resources dont cost you money Michael, bandwidth does.

I dropped about 2K in the last 3 games.

It was fun but I am done with BD on all servers.

Maybe when you spend as much time trying to make this game fun as trying to make it fair and trying to make it tough to play without boosting you will get the results you want.

I dont expect you to go that route anytime soon as you are going in the exact opposite direction.

Good Luck Michael, you are going to need it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:24 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

mfreak wrote:
Quote:

So buying 30k resource cap is not cheating? How does it become wrong when you conserve oil but not when you use your 50 tokens to buy the res cap. That clearly shows what its all about.

As it has been mentioned before (by you?), boosts are there to make up for lower activity. So its a option for those who can't get on often enough to spend their resources to not lose them.

Ellehcim wrote:
I feel used... I feel ignored... I feel everything is going in the wrong direction.

More resources = more armies = more battles = more resource boosting = more fun.

Less resources = less battles = less need to boost = less fun.

Just because all of those has "more" abd "less" in them it doesn't make it true.

Resources dont cost you money Michael, bandwidth does.

I dropped about 2K in the last 3 games.

It was fun but I am done with BD on all servers.

Maybe when you spend as much time trying to make this game fun as trying to make it fair and trying to make it tough to play without boosting you will get the results you want.

I dont expect you to go that route anytime soon as you are going in the exact opposite direction.
Its a process and it takes time. We can't change everything at once. We're working on increasing the strategic options trough improved spies, how is that not tryign to contrubute to making it more fun?

Good Luck Michael, you are going to need it.

Thank you, but I think we'll be doing just fine ^,^

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:41 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Like the nature evolution, those who can't adapt to the new changes will quit.

I must admit though, I found some updates are annoying and ruined part of the game. But that's not enough for me to quit playing BD or boosting like crazy. And say, if BD team really want to have money, they just make it one ranged soldier will cost 1 red token, which means one vehicles cost 2 red and tanks cost 3 red. Or maybe u have to pay 50 red for each lvl 4 building and 100 red for each lvl 5 building. I know it's unbelievable but some games do that.

Plus I must repeat myself that their main reason for this implement is to balance things out, there must be some money factions in it but it's not the main reason. If they really want money, why did they do the no boosted resource trade or the long lvl 4 and lvl 5 building time? Those updates clearly go against the boosters, don't they?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:12 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

For all those who protest against changes and saying that the changes are making the game worse.

You forget that EVERYONE is affected by the changes. thus while your first impression is OMG!!! this is sooo bad against me!
you forget that this is the same for ALL players.
thus it actually means no change at all!!

if all players are affected in the same way by a change, then there's no single player with an edge or benefit from it. or loss from it.

the only ones who benefit from it is Battle Dawn as a whole. the game becomes more challenging, more interesting and more fun for everyone.

now i suggest you to stop complaining before you see the affect of the changes in game, and appreciate how the gameplay improves from the hard work we're putting into the game.

There are some players who complain here about 'changes' and say they quit BD, go ahead, quit, i challenge you to find any game better than BD out there. or you simply rather play Farmville. have fun.

My purpose is the same as always, improve BD over time and keep it the best strategy game on the web. that's the reason it is still running for so long and still growing.

Again, If we see a change that was implemented which makes the game less fun, we take it out. no change is final, and the game will always change!

Have a great week!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:22 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Hey Michael?

I am your boss...

I pay you.

I dropped approximately $2,000 dollars into your pocket over the last 5 months.

You are fired.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:39 am 
Private
Private

The issue of boosting is common with many online games. The flaws with the idea seem to be especially prominent with Facebook based games in fact, where if you don't whip out that credit card, you don't have a prayer of winning.

In some games the advantages are obvious, sometimes they can even be seen by just a cursory read thru of the rules, if one is available. Unfortunately, sometimes they do not become obvious until you've played the game for weeks or months and the subtleties of the game economics become clear.

Here in Battledawn, it didn't take long to figure out that kicking up metal production is key, at least early on. With metal, you can build a bigger army as well as building more outposts, etc., not to mention finishing your initial constructions faster.

Watching the higher ranking members of my alliance also made things obvious. We pulled off a major invasion of an enemy held area recently. One of the top players immediately took a metal mine and a colony of one guy who had some crystals. Of course, this member already had a bigger army to pull off such attacks. Its already clear that unless I put out some cash to buy metal and catch up the size of my own army, there will be NO catching up with that guy. He BOUGHT his advantage early on.

This game isn't as bad as some. At least you have "cooldown" periods to put some limits on boosting, as well as troop capacity limits and such, so you can't exactly build a godzillion tanks in one colony and roll across the board killing everything in sight. A dumb kid with a credit card won't win here. But a reasonably intelligent kid with an unlimited credit card can and will beat out a guy who can't or won't spend the money, regardless of how smart the guy is.

You want to stop the unfair advantages of people that "buy in" to winning? How about making it possible to start additional colonies with full production capabilities. Keep 50% of the production of an occupied colony. Give outposts a small production ability. Let people collect a bit of metal from razing other players' outposts. And review carefully what kinds of truly unfair advantages can be bought by people with those red credits.

I would rather see advertising and know I had a fair chance to win this game than know that anyone with the money to spend could make a highly skilled player look like a fool.

I'll finish out my current round, and probably play out one more round in a quick ticks world. If I don't find ways of countering the boosting advantages by then, I'll be leaving Battledawn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:44 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

@Ellehcim not his pocket, it's for the whole BD team. And you're not his boss because you pay for him. U're just the customer, the consumer of the product.

I've played countless strategy browser based games and the only ones I'm sticking in is Battle Dawn and Ikariam. And I must say Battle Dawn is the only game that make me spend money on it (That's ur fault, Michael, how dare u ^^).

And he's right, there is no update that affect only one person. There is no update like Jake can't make range unit or ronelm can't make armor unit, or the top ten alliances can't capture OPs. These updates affect all of us.

If you find the game ruined too much u can quit it, easy. No more boosting in hatred, no more disastrous updates for you.

I myself always try to find a way to legitimately cheat a rule, but not to use them, but to report them. Simply because I don't want to see anyone use those to make an advantage to themselves.

The oil update is much like the trade boosted resource. You want more than 15k oil? The resource cap boost is there for you. Easy enough.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next