It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: You and Battle Dawn
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I love to play BD...it's my favorite game.....been playing for bout 4 months now, one of my best era's was on m3 last era, I made rank 46 without using blues or reds and me and NLR(my friend's alliance that I was in) made top 5 out of the top 12 ranked alliances.....am in NLR again this era and we're hoping to do even better. Wish us luck :p

Completely retired now.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:45 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

ohh story time! Tehehe, well here is mine:

I often go by the name Goopy of Jumbalaya, and still use that because OC had the of in between your name, i started playing roughly 4 or 5 years ago, the time is a little blurry and im pretty sure it was M2 or M3. As everyone else, I was a major noob, thinking outposts gave me power, an army of armor would win, and mechs could beat up anything.... So i built my power and came to learn the game, and i found an alliance (cannot remember the name of it for the life of me) and they let me join. From what i recollect it was an era being dominated by the ancient but great GML alliances, that just absolutely wrecked Mars in those days. But back to the alliance i joined, they helped me out so much when it came to battledawn and gave me tons of aid and advice.

Also, most of the guys in my alliance were on duty servicemen for the U.S military. To learn from those guys and most of them knew each other, was a great experience. Not only was it my first alliance, but it was with a bunch of people that served our country an i remember all the stories they told me about being on duty, all while playing a simple game.

I still often wonder what happened to all those guys that played BD, and im sure they wouldn't recognize me anyways, but the fact is that i got play with a bunch of people in a friendly alliance taht also served for my safety in real life, and that experience has led me to be here for 5ish years (with your occasional breaks) and i still remember those people, i wish i could go back to that alliance, being a little older it would be even cooler now

That is all, hope you enjoyed =)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:05 pm 
Private
Private

I love BD! Me and my cousin, stay up late playing it in the weekends! I tell my friends about BD! Here is my story: Once at night, I was sleeping, and I was thinking about BD all day, because I didnt get to play on that day because of too much Home work :cry: When I was asleep I was having crazy dream s about BD, and how my colony would be ruined and how I might be letting my alliance down! I suddenly woke up, and started playing BD for half the night!! YUP! I love BD that much!! :D I hope you liked my story! THX BD!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:16 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

really there's not a interesant reason, this game give us a lot of fun and that's enough to me to keep me playing this :D

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Once upon a time.. A guy named Senatus was playing his first real round here on battledawn.com. This round was on Mars 1, a 1 tick per hour world. After about a 6 weeks of barely sleeping because of this round, he was rank 1 personally, and the alliance he was in was rank 1. However, he did not like his team at all, and thought he was the one doing all the work. So, he did something that came unexpected for many. He left his team, and decided to try and take down the rank 1 alliance solo, 1 vs 11.

A day later, one of the people of his old team that was also sick of them had decided to join him. Together they tried to kill their former alliance, numerically far outnumbered but strategically much better positioned. Another day passed, the former rank 1 alliance kept losing units, and yet another of the rank 1 alliance decided to drop out and join the team Senatus had made. They were the Three Musketeers. With the 3 of them, they killed the former rank 1 alliance and established themselves as the new rank 1 alliance.

However, having an alliance of only 3 on a world with 12-man alliance and with many, many players to control meant they were going to be in for quite the challenge. Much to the grief of Senatus, 1 of the Three Musketeers went really inactive, and the other one got very busy in real life as well. To Senatus it felt like he was having to do all this solo.

And he loved it. At this point he was closing in on the all-time power record, a record of which no one had thought it would ever again be broken after it had been set so high by Unky a few years before. However Senatus tried to achieve the impossible. Moreover, he had to do this pretty much solo, against full alliances. As he soon discovered, this meant he had to go into robot mode.

At this point, exams were coming up in Senatus' life. Because yes, however difficult it might seem to believe, he was combining all this with an universitary study, was still seeing his girlfriend every day and was still going out with friends. However as he had been slacking completely in university lately, he had to do quite some catching up for exams.

The day before his first and hardest exam, Senatus decided to get some well-deserved rest and make sure he was well rested for his exams. A good rest in this case meant only getting up 2 times at night to check what was going on on his round. However, the first time he got up, which was at 1 AM his time, the unthinkable had happened. The entire world, including the rank 2-4, 6-10 and 12-16 alliances, had decided that this was the ideal time to launch their massive backstab on him, and when he logged in to check his world he soon found out that almost every one of his 600 outposts was under attack, and that a total of over 2000 squads were on the fly, all attacking him.

Obviously, he was not going to get sleep. Senatus spent all night downgrading, razing, defending, scrambling his troops together, messaging the world, trying to get them friendly again, and trying to not let his entire 2.5 months of work to break the unbreakable record go to waste.

At this point, he was close to calling it an era, waving the white flag of surrender and completely giving up. He had an exam to go to in 9 hours, and he was outnumbered 20 to 1. On top of that there seemed to be no chance of a comeback against this massive force attacking him. So, he took a good look at the Mars map. His colony was positioned on the top of the map, a bit to the west. The west area of the map was relatively quiet, not everyone there had decided to attack him. He knew he couldn't give up, not after all he had done so far, not after being so close to breaking the record he had been craving for.

So, he took a radical decision. He completely abandoned his eastern OPs, he razed and downgraded them all, and flew his troops as far away from them as possible.

Over the next 12 days, Senatus did not miss a single tick overnight, and still had to study for all his exams and at least attempt to pass them. Slowly but surely, he was gaining back territory. The rank 2 alliance that had organised the massive backstab had gone down in battle against Senatus, and was now completely conquered. The rank 3 alliance had seen what happened, and opted out. They decided this was a war they could not win, and allied Senatus and his Musketeers again. After this, the rest of the world could not take a stand anymore.

In the end, after 3 months of grueling battle and one of the highest killcounts I have ever seen on BD, Senatus came out victorious. He had broken the record that was to not be broken, he was hated by a large number of people, but was admired by a large number of people as well. He had been outnumbered against the rank 1 alliance, he had been forced to fight the world, but in the end he came out on top.

As of today, the record still stands. Senatus is still waiting for someone to step up and break it, however none have so far attempted it. When looking back at the era, he can only conclude that it was an insane adventure, and that it was highly implausible to think that all this was going to happen. Maybe even more important, he passed his exams. And at the end of the era, after collecting all the screenies he had taken of this undertaking, he fell asleep. The first night in 3 months where he was able to sleep through the night, without the risk of losing all that he had gained so far.

And at the end of all this, looking back at it.. He would have done it all again. In the end, it felt like it was all worth it.

Some images:

Spoiler:
The scores the tick the round ended.

One of the big battles against the former rank 1 alliance.

The experienced squads that were the cause of death for many enemies.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:55 pm 
Private
Private

Hello I am littlenasty from Earth 3, and this is my story:
well I started to play battledawn when I was bored playing online flash games on random websites, when me and my cousin, petenasty, say this ad, about battledawn, and my cousin is like, " dude that games look, awesome!" so we started to play, together, and we liked, I was second in command, and petenasty was first in command, an alliance asked us to join, becuase they were trying to start a war, and we joined, and then after a while, we started a war, and our colony was rapidly running low on resources, so pete said, "hey dude make another colony, and then send me all their reasources, "but at that time, we didn't know it wasn't allowed, so, when I made my new colony, I skipped the tutorial, sold my protection, and joined the alliance, but when I tried to send it I found out I had to have level 5 farm, metal mine and reasource converter, and since I played alot, on one of the tips shown while loading, I found out we couldn't have double accounts, so I told him, "hey dude, I found out where not allpwed to make 2 colonies" so I just kept the colony and now we had 2 different players now , making our alliance even stronger, we still consult each other once in a while, and we decide if we want to do something, like making and army first, or making all of the structures, and we found out that way, we would get a higher rank faster, so we did it, but then, I started to have lot's of homework, and projects, and I had less time to play, so I put my colony in vacation and still played on the weekend, then the new era started, we got in the same alliance, but that era was boring a little so I didn't play that often. At last, my colony was taken away, but I just made a new one, we got in a war, that was entertaining and suspenseful, because we decided to attack all at once, but the one we where attacking put up a shield, which made it worse because all our 21 squads where going to hit the enemy at the same time, at last, I don't remember who won, but after the battle I stopped playing. but until last week, I started to play again, my cousin never stopped, thought, and he is still playing, but I found him, he got in a strong alliance, but it was full, so I started a new alliance, and now its a double alliance, we will probably attack together, but we can't send reasourses to each other though, I am looking forward to having other people join my alliance, so we have a stronger double alliance, I wish there was a way to join two alliance together so that people from two separate alliance could send reasources together and defend each other.
Well that's the end of my story, thank you for your time, have a nice life. :D

Post subject: Re: Tell us your BD story!
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 pm 
Private
Private

i got my sister hit me several times to the head...

and also i have spent to much time in the computer, which made our electric bill boost...

LoL... :D .... my.. oh my... i have also have a girlfriend here w/c i meet just playing BD.. too bad she is from china and i am from Philippines....

:(

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:47 pm 
Major
Major

The first time I played BattleDawn on the NC I started my own alliance mocking a more famous major alliance in other servers, the 501st legion and I recruited randoms, this was about two years back. My family at the time was going through a rough time which is why I was drawn you BattleDawn, since it was free and I could not afford other games.

Actual Story starts here:
I recruited Alexander the Great of Greece JB123120, VCE and Targoon, a nearby alliance "BU" - Brothers United sent me a message asking for an alliance, a few hundered ticks later the upper right corner was filled with "The Triangle Coalition" made up of BU 501 and RK(can't remember if that was the right name) We engaged our selves in several wars with rank 1 alliances and won two of them and got into a war with TFM(I think) Sky the rank 6 alliance was allied with them (they had Unky and Routh) We were winning our third war then we were steam rolled by Unky! The reason this era is so memorable to me though is because like I said my family at the time was very poor, we had no internet at the time but we had a crappy old laptop and I would literally walk a few minutes from my house (which is in the middle of no where) and I would sit next to this persons house with open wifi and I would play battledawn, I would sit out there for hours out of the day. I would go to the school library and I would bypass the school filtering stuff I even would use friends Android phones. The friends I made that round are still my friends today, especially Rob/Targoon :)

I had to shorten it up ;) enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:03 pm 
Private
Private

I LIKE BATTLE DAWN OK IS THE GOOD GAME AND ENJOYABLE OK GAME SO, IN THE WAY LIKE ME ESTRATEGY
OK GOOD BYE PEOPLE OF THE USA GREETING OF THE EL SALVADOR FOR MAY COUNTRY OK CHAOOOO

Post subject: My Battle Dawn Story
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:26 pm 
Private
Private

well i started 3 years ago because i heard about BD from a friend and i started getting into it and i was such a noob back then and so i was playing on F3 and it was pretty much at the end of the era and the rank 1 alliance was being attacked so i helped them and conquered the guy that was attacking them and they were very grateful i did that and i said no problem i will do anything to help people. the 2nd thing was on F5 it was a new era so i joined a friends alliance and as we were getting started with the era i started attacking some noobs and conquered about 57 noobs and had about 32 crystals and that was my 2nd month playing BD and at the end of that era i ended rank 26 with 32 crystals. the 3rd thing was when Battle Galaxy first started and i playe on G1 and i joined the sub of the rank 1 alliance and we were doing so well that era i was recruiting so many units i had about like 2k units all mixed units and at the end of that era i ended rank 13 with only 2 crystals and 2k units that was my best era and i that ws only 7 months into playing BD and now i have been playing BD for 3 years now and i am friends with some of the greatest players i know on BD like Two Face, Remyslim, Lain, Phil Elite, Rildor, Alpha, Hawk, RicanFool, Platinum Sage, Kojak, and Fabioman of Kuat and they are all great friends of mine and BD is the greatest thing i have ever played and i am so grateful my friend told me about this game cause this is one of my most favorite things in life and i usually stay up til 5am playing this cause i love it so much and i am grateful to have such great friends on here. :) :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next