It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: The BattleDawn Tribune: November 2014 Issue!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Yes, it is true, betrayal is part of this game. But, you have to do things correctly as well as save face. Especially now that the popularity has dropped, there are less players for you to blend into the crowd. People remember betrayals, which may cause you to end up without a good team to back you up. Some only stick with the same people for this very reason. Others simply don't care if you back stab, as long as you're active enough while in their team. However, with that, I know MANY times where I've been in a team and am "allied" with someone I know is a backstabber. With this being the case, you can bet that every OP near that alliance's gates is going to be covered with anti spam and at least 1 army not too far away from where they'd most likely target. In other cases, it may even lead to one betrayer to betray the other team before they do so against them (when otherwise, it would of been a mutual era long alliance together). There are many scenarios. GeneralKain's statement isn't wrong, but there are many ways to interpret it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:40 pm 
Major
Major

Hitmo wrote:
malicewolf wrote:
Mohitmm wrote:
a question for you kael
in the interview which you took where you said that best all times rank 2 player back stabbed and reached there , so where you referring to player 'legend' ?
if so plz dont target the player directly or indirectly it feels humiliated

No, that statement is not pointed at Legend the player. As well as the fact that the statement is one made by a player as it was an interview section. Every player is free to have his/her own opinion and unless it is inappropriate, we will allow for a player to state theirs in the Tribune.

Also, there used to be an running article for pointing out backstabbers in the Tribune in the past :lol: Truth be told, if you're willing to back stab, you must take the good and the bad that's associated with it. Was the back stab worth the bad reputation? That is what should be on every player's mind.

Malice , betrayal & back stabbing is an essential part of the game
Remember this...this is a game where the weak falls or lay down to make way for the strong..

Crawl to the top and declare your dominance or simply surrender.
( These are not my words , ofc i cant say these lines to you malice, i have no right to say these , these were told to me by Generalkain some time back)

he was not speaking out against backstabbing he was simply pointing out that those who are prepared to backstab should be willing for people to find out and judge them because of that since mohit was saying they should remove the part in which VD called the rank 2 BAT player a backstabber.

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:17 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

malicewolf wrote:
Mohitmm wrote:
a question for you kael
in the interview which you took where you said that best all times rank 2 player back stabbed and reached there , so where you referring to player 'legend' ?
if so plz dont target the player directly or indirectly it feels humiliated

No, that statement is not pointed at Legend the player. As well as the fact that the statement is one made by a player as it was an interview section. Every player is free to have his/her own opinion and unless it is inappropriate, we will allow for a player to state theirs in the Tribune.

Also, there used to be an running article for pointing out backstabbers in the Tribune in the past :lol: Truth be told, if you're willing to back stab, you must take the good and the bad that's associated with it. Was the back stab worth the bad reputation? That is what should be on every player's mind.

Can i restart this?

Spoiler:
Retired BattleDawn Tribune Reporter
Retired Maintenance Team Member
RC Game Tester
Active Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:20 am 
Captain
Captain

a yes from me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:35 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Ilona Writes
I don't know what to say to this...

What makes you think that this would be a good idea? Why do you think you got any right to do so? No matter if you are in the Press team or not, there is a balance between journalism and simply public insulting. Please treat the community with the respect they deserve.

Topic locked for obvious reasons.
---------------------------------------------------

*cough* *cough* matmanmax & malice

so what i said , you cant humiliate anyone you need to respect the community

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:57 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Your going to lock the tribune ? LOL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:47 am 
Captain
Captain

spanish wrote:
Your going to lock the tribune ? LOL

who is locking the tribune?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:02 am 
Major
Major

Ilona posted that on the thread which mattmax started to point out backstabbers not the tribune thread and mohit was simply bragging over a victory on mattmax based on his opinion that players shouldnt be singled out on the tribune to which matt said he previously had an entire segment on pointing out backstabbers and when he tried to start this up again is what prompted Ilona's response not the entire tribune

here's the link to the now locked thread: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=31656

it wasn't well received

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:41 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

As stated before, this was the idea of a single individual, not the BD Tribune. We are in no way, shape, or form, a means to embarrass or insult players. However, everyone does have their opinions and are free to state such on their own. However, the Tribune will NOT be doing a backstab section within it. I merely pointed out that there was such in previous issues. Matmanmax had absolutely no right to announce the Tribune was going to write such a piece. As an additional statement, the BD Tribune does not announce it's articles before they come out regardless as we never know what kind of complications may arise in the writing or formatting process.

I will speak with matmanmax about this particular incident, however, no member of the community should fear any sort of disrespect.

And to point it out for clarification, previously, the backstab pieces had interviews WITH those who backstabbed. It was not a means of insult. It was a means of clarification to what occurred. Sometimes the person was proud of what they had done, sometimes, they merely stated it was a necessary tactic. But the Tribune will never be a means to embarrass or insult.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:07 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

malicewolf wrote:
As stated before, this was the idea of a single individual, not the BD Tribune. We are in no way, shape, or form, a means to embarrass or insult players. However, everyone does have their opinions and are free to state such on their own. However, the Tribune will NOT be doing a backstab section within it. I merely pointed out that there was such in previous issues. Matmanmax had absolutely no right to announce the Tribune was going to write such a piece. As an additional statement, the BD Tribune does not announce it's articles before they come out regardless as we never know what kind of complications may arise in the writing or formatting process.

I will speak with matmanmax about this particular incident, however, no member of the community should fear any sort of disrespect.

And to point it out for clarification, previously, the backstab pieces had interviews WITH those who backstabbed. It was not a means of insult. It was a means of clarification to what occurred. Sometimes the person was proud of what they had done, sometimes, they merely stated it was a necessary tactic. But the Tribune will never be a means to embarrass or insult.

Sorry Boss, I will take this as my "Speaking To"

Spoiler:
Retired BattleDawn Tribune Reporter
Retired Maintenance Team Member
RC Game Tester
Active Forum User

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2