It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: New Client Guide Creation Event!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:22 pm 
Captain
Captain

Alright ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, gather around and read this announcement!

We are wanting to compile a guide for the new client and we want your help to do it! We'll be giving out very liberal bonuses in the new client for those that take part in this event! Read on for more details!

We want everyone who is willing to write full articles for different aspects of the new client that are formatted for these forums, use of bbcode is preferred and the more organized the better! We will be asking for specific articles to be written and I will choose the best article out of the ones submitted to be the winner and will also choose 2 runner-ups. The winner will have their guide placed in a stickied topic in the guides section of the forums and will receive 7500 metal/oil, 75 energy and 75 workers on the new client world of their choosing. The runner ups will receive 2,000 metal/oil, 20 energy and 20 workers and also part of their guides may be merged with the final posted article. I will be making a new thread for each article as we progress in this event and any questions or clarification needed to write that article can be requested from the thread for that specific article, I will try to reply with any & all clarifications within 24hrs of them being posted. For any questions about how this event will work please reply to this thread and official answers will be provided by Steven, myself or another forum/game Admin. Below is a sample article, the information is not accurate:

Quote:
Gates

Gates allow you to travel great distances instantaneously at the cost of energy.

Gates take X amount of energy to travel x amount of ticks.

This is what a gate looks like: <insert picture>

To make gates you need to upgrade a regular outpost to a gate, you also require the gate building, etc. etc.

Gate research costs X amount

Gate outposts cost X amount to upgrade

Gates can be jammed to halt all activity

Tips about gates: They rockzorz my boxzorz"

Special notes: They smell funny when wet

When you submit an article make sure to include the formatting(and BBCode) and submit the guide in its entirety. The best way to submit the article is via email, the email to send articles to is [email protected], you can also submit them via a forum PM, make sure to checkmark "Disable BBCode" before sending so I get all the BBCode tags as well. Alternatively you can also paste the article in a text file and send it to me over MSN or Google Talk, my account for both of those programs is [email protected]. Please do not post the guide publicly on the forums or else other users may steal your ideas and that's just not cool :(.

Thanks in advance for all those that contribute and take part in this event, your help is greatly appreciated! Any inconsistences between the winning article and the actual game mechanics will be changed in the article before it is posted.

-Andrew

Post subject: Re: New Client Guide Creation Event!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:31 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Great I will get to writing right away! But can't we get more metal like 10,000 please. And i don't understand very clearly are we supposed to write the whole guild? Which will be very time consuming or just write an article? Like that gate outpost for your example. Do you supposed to write like Outposts then write about all the outposts including that one?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:10 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

We write whatever page(s) we want, you can write as many or as few as you wish...I think :?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:11 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Oh o.k.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:13 pm 
Private
Private

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :lol: :( :o
cool comment

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:20 pm 
Private
Private

I'm definatly going to do that right away! But I'm not really sure what we are goning to write about, is it a particuler article or what? I mean I could write the whole Guild if it meant I would get 7500 metel and oil.

And what is the due in date? A week, a month, a day? So I know wether I need to rush it or not =P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:35 pm 
Captain
Captain

In the announcement forums is the first article to be written.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:37 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hey, i think this a great idea to get some Battle Dawn players motivated to help!

A quick question, I was wondering if it would be ok if i used your already made symbols for metal, oil, energy, and ticks from the already made guide at,

http://guide.battledawn.com/index.php/Main_Page

Example: Image

Thanks!

-Riders :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm 
Private
Private

the only thing i really know about gates is to make sure that the origion and destination both have gates when i first started i didnt

i dont like gates very much

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:46 pm 
Private
Private

Andrew - there are two topics in the Announcements forum, this one and one about a chat site.

Has the first article assignment yet to be posted? And is this like a contest where everyone submits an article on the same topic?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next