It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: .Com > Kong
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 am 
Private
Private

Ehsas wrote:
@Orange hat, he's name is NoMaN and he won e1 recently there i guess.

and yes i personally know him and taught him the basics, he's in middleschool and with a schedule like that he won at kong, easily.So forgive me for thinking that kong's easy. :lol:

and Korrupt, it was because you all kept mentioning beating platinum, now we both know their capabilities, i haven't fought your team or any of the other great kong teams so can't comment on them, same should go for you, just killing sage and a bunch of their allies dosen't mean you've conquered .com, there are plenty of better alliances.

and i'd love if the authorities make a rumble kong vs com era anytime in the future :D

Noman? LOL, u gotta be kidding me, the guy got a free win because the duo that had all africa asia europe and australia quit the game, i cant believe he has actually bragged about that, noman is an amateur, he would NEVER, ever be able to win against Markku.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:08 am 
Private
Private

Noman shut up you got lucky on our Kong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:39 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

.Com>Kong = Truth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:56 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Quote:
From the .com rounds I've played, I just don't see that mentality in many .com players. Granted, there are some that come close, but there just aren't many. So when I brought the Kong lot to .com for the E1 era, I think we played pretty much insanely well. Despite not boosting we were in the top ranks even after 200 ticks, despite having to fight a war from tick 1. It's a shame it had to end in such a disappointing way, but no Kong player was to blame for that.

Yes, being banned for multi/farming is a shame. Either way we, ARM, would have won. Don't forget that wasn't the only time in E1 we beat you either. ;)

Korupt wrote:
For example many (not all but many) .commers consider being able to be called online active, the kong players I am referring to were just online no need to call. If you happened to need them in the couple hours they were offline they would still come back online. Now think of the advantage that provides, you have a full team of highly skilled players always on. That means anything that pops up will be taken adding to their income and power. It also means that they could push a war at anytime.

From my experience working with kong players in the past they're typically young i.e. still in middle or high school whereas most of the good .com players are all working full time and/or in college at the same time. Not always the case but I believe your point is invalid in most cases. Of course I probably don't play with the same caliber players as you do I'm usually with some of the greats of all time.

As for the topic itself I think it's safe to say kong players have less competition in their servers which leads to such blow out wins. I don't know about you guys but if I were to win a round with only 200 other players I wouldn't feel that proud. My only Kong server I decided to play on was Simmen, Psychomantisx, and myself we recruited a few nearby Kong players that would eventually back stab us early on and then create a sub for the #1 alliance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:46 pm 
Major
Major

You are right, you don't play with the same caliber player as me because I no longer play. The reason I no longer player is because when I did I played with the best so now trying to play with anyone else just annoys me. You are talking about kong now though and I have made it clear I am talking about kong when I was there playing actively. Also this whole discourse of your argument is a bit off topic since we are not talking about who dominates their own server but who produces top quality players.
As we have already said multiple times the environment on kong force players to use a different play styles and that is why any .com alliance that went to kong while I was there struggled and in the end were utterly destroyed. There was one player that came to kong back then though that I become good friends with and even played with a couple times. I believe his name was Deathclaw of Shadow or something similar, it was so very long ago.
In summary both sites have great players but some of the things that made those of us who have come to .com stand out was actually a common trait on kong. The only reason I have partaken in this debate is to be clear that kong produces that same of the top tier players and some of them are better. I find it quite tiresome that kong is constantly looked down on as inferior when so many have little if any experience of it at all. We should all be one community not one with a clear divide and animosity. We are all the same in the end, bd players, we should act as such. The fact we do not shows why our community has struggled lately. If we constantly fight with each other how can we possibly show outsiders we are a community worth taking the time to be part of?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Seeing as you quoted me and said .com player struggle on Kong I guess that means me being backstabbed by Kong players is me not being used to the strategies used on those worlds. It's true, we don't backstab to get victorys. Unless of course you're the rare few like Edwin, Rildor, or kersss.

I think the downfall of intertwining our community between .com and Kong was back when Kong players came over to the forum and started trash talking. Thank your predecessors for that one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:16 am 
Major
Major

Anarchist69x wrote:
Seeing as you quoted me and said .com player struggle on Kong I guess that means me being backstabbed by Kong players is me not being used to the strategies used on those worlds. It's true, we don't backstab to get victorys. Unless of course you're the rare few like Edwin, Rildor, or kersss.

I think the downfall of intertwining our community between .com and Kong was back when Kong players came over to the forum and started trash talking. Thank your predecessors for that one.

My comment was not directed to your experience but .commers that went there in general. Again you are dividing the communities by using generalizations which in this case are not true. Yes people backstab and yes it may have happened to you on kong but are you seriously going to tell me that is a trait specific to kong? I cannot tell you how many threads I've read about people complaining about backstabbing and that is just the forums. If I were to delve into the many conversations I have on skype we would have a much larger pool.

For your second comment, again you are putting blame on one community when the simple fact remains it is not just one side. Both communities have gone on the other and antagonized them for absolutely no reason. No division between the communities should exist it should be I am a bd player and you are a bd player. Not I am a konger and you are a .commer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:17 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

What do you think will happen when you put 2 people with differing backgrounds, opinions, and beliefs in the same room together? This might be the same game but it's two different versions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:25 am 
Major
Major

It is the same game on all sites. The way to win is the same, the strategies are the same, the goal of players is the same (win), the reward for winning is the same (blue tokens). Your argument applies to people in general but not to the game, there is no reason for this division to exist in the community.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:52 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Anarchist69x wrote:
What do you think will happen when you put 2 people with differing backgrounds, opinions, and beliefs in the same room together? This might be the same game but it's two different versions.

i've been in the same alliance with ppl of different background, opinions and beliefs, but we went along well to the point of good friends

it's just the matter of how u accept differences in other people

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next