It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New interest in an old debate?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:46 pm 
Private
Private

1) I propose (again) a rule, for perhaps a single server at first, in which at the moment when the 10th relic spawns on the map, no one is able to swap alliances. Now this rule might justify the 10th relic spawn to be pushed back to a later time in the round in comparison to the traditional timing of relic releases but in any event the details on timing can be tailored to allow for reasonable replacements of inactives. However, at some point it would better promote honest competition to stop team swapping late in rounds.

2) A single server in which neither blues nor reds can be spent.

Please discuss...

Post subject: Re: New interest in an old debate?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Asarum wrote:
1) I propose (again) a rule, for perhaps a single server at first, in which at the moment when the 10th relic spawns on the map, no one is able to swap alliances. Now this rule might justify the 10th relic spawn to be pushed back to a later time in the round in comparison to the traditional timing of relic releases but in any event the details on timing can be tailored to allow for reasonable replacements of inactives. However, at some point it would better promote honest competition to stop team swapping late in rounds.

2) A single server in which neither blues nor reds can be spent.

Please discuss...

Hey there Asarum!

As for your first idea, I think that's a really interesting thought. I am worried however that it may make it very hard for newbies to improve their position during the era itself, perhaps only make this apply to teams holding relics or such? I'd suggest making a suggestions topic, ideas tend to receive a lot more feedback there!

The second - A lot of people have always wanted it, it is indeed quite an old debate. The problem is that when one such server exists, it may draw the users from other servers, sinking their income (and possibly jeopardising the game!). It's also a thing that it actually is really enjoyable to boost - it makes the game faster paced! I think what may interest you (and what I consider the most likely version of this) is this topic Ilona made. I still feel that is a really nice idea. :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]