It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why not ending the game at the right time ruined the game.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:38 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Hi.

I was playing this past E2 where HINI won and I was their opponent.
After attempting to make them lose, I failed and so I retreated and relocated far away and maintained a high score.

HINI wanted to be rank 1 and they wanted to give rank 2 to their sub and rank 3 to their ally CHIL. Naturally, they wouldn't want their opponent - me - to get any of those ranks and be rewarded with blue tokens.

The ranking at some point was: 1- HINI.
2- HINI sub.
3- CHIL (full alliance).
4- P (who had 9 out of 10 members).

I knew that by joining P we would beat CHIL for rank 3. And I also knew than HINI would never allow that. So I set myself to do one of this game's goals: Calculate, Time well, and set alarms.

I stayed up all night to see when HINI will take the last of their 10 relics and I set a 100 ticks timer and woke up in the middle of the night to leave my alliance just in time for me to join P alliance 2 ticks before the end of the era (which is 100 ticks after an alliance collects all 10 relics according to the RULES of this game here: http://prntscr.com/6nncmo and here: http://prntscr.com/6nnght ).

So you can see how I drew somewhat of an effort to perform these actions and how the RULES are in my favor. Yet Admin Joe did not end the era in time. So eventually HINI noticed after a pretty decent ammount of ticks and threatened to kill P alliance if I do not leave it and so I left the alliance. Yet all of these things happened well, well, well after the supposed end of the era.

Admin Joe did not even show up to end the era it was Admin Tom who logged onto his account around 40 ticks later on a 2 tick per hours world (so 20 hours...) and ended the era.

This HUGE delay in ending the era ruined all the strategy for me really... And when I contacted Admin Joe he claimed it was not his fault and that he did everything according to the RULES and that he will not do anything to fix it.

Personally I do not care about the 500 blue tokens. I care about a concept. I care that This game is all about timing and often do we see Admins destroy this timing procedure for us. It has happened several times to me and I wish it not to happen ever again... The RULES are in my favor and Admin Joe - the supposed rules enforcer, since he is an Admin - did NOT give me my rule-given rights...

To add to that he responded to these arguments of mine with blame. He blamed me for leaving P alliance...

Anyway, I wish not to bore you. Thank you for reading and tell me what you think and PLEASE help me bring this matter into hand as it is one of the things that ruin this game in my opinion. The Admins are not devoted enough sometimes (not all of them though).

Thank you.
Rob.

Post subject: Re: Why not ending the game at the right time ruined the game.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:59 am 
Private
Private

These incidents happened to me a lot....

I think that BD staff should freeze the game automatically whenever the 100 tick relic thingy occurs....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:04 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

abhiduke123 wrote:
These incidents happened to me a lot....

I think that BD staff should freeze the game automatically whenever the 100 tick relic thingy occurs....

That might be a suggestion! Actually I don't know what might be possible for them to do but I believe that something, anything should be done about it. It has cost several alliance their rank 3 or even 2! ... I can't count the number of times things like that have happened to me... Where is all the TIMING and CALCULATION method this game promotes ? How is someone supposed to defeat an alliance he cannot engage in war if not by timing, precision and intelligence etc...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:08 am 
Private
Private

The admin was clearly in the wrong here, give him his 500 tokens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:01 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Very unfortunate to hear such happened. However, this has been talked about and already approved, unfortunately, it just hasn't been implemented yet.

viewtopic.php?f=377&t=25415

In the future, this will hopefully not be an issue, but at the moment, the admins have lives they need to attend to as well. Though 20 hours (40 ticks on E2) is fairly long for an admin to be out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:07 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

malicewolf wrote:
Very unfortunate to hear such happened. However, this has been talked about and already approved, unfortunately, it just hasn't been implemented yet.

viewtopic.php?f=377&t=25415

In the future, this will hopefully not be an issue, but at the moment, the admins have lives they need to attend to as well. Though 20 hours (40 ticks on E2) is fairly long for an admin to be out.

If it was a mere 7-8 ticks I would have bowed and approved. But it went on forever and I believe I deserve justice... Don't you ? I will not really let such a thing pass under silence as I have many times before...

I read your post and well, with all due respect but in your post you stated that you miscalculated I happened to calculate correctly as even HINI members Broadcasted about that tick being the end...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:07 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I feel your pain and i sympathize, but unfortunately, there is nothing stating the era will end EXACTLY at 100 ticks of relics being captured. I do agree, it sucks that it wasn't even close. I've been on worlds where we've held 10 relics for almost 200 ticks straight. It's really unfortunate, but this happens all the time (which is why I suggested my post, which has already been approved by community, just waiting for dev team to hopefully implement). Admins are allowed to have human error. They are people with lives and circumstances that can keep them from being online 24/7. Automating the countdown will solve these problems. You can ask for compensation, but it'll be up to the admins to decide if it's given. More specifically, Joe.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:48 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

malicewolf wrote:
I feel your pain and i sympathize, but unfortunately, there is nothing stating the era will end EXACTLY at 100 ticks of relics being captured. I do agree, it sucks that it wasn't even close. I've been on worlds where we've held 10 relics for almost 200 ticks straight. It's really unfortunate, but this happens all the time (which is why I suggested my post, which has already been approved by community, just waiting for dev team to hopefully implement). Admins are allowed to have human error. They are people with lives and circumstances that can keep them from being online 24/7. Automating the countdown will solve these problems. You can ask for compensation, but it'll be up to the admins to decide if it's given. More specifically, Joe.

My dear friend, I have enclosed two links in my post one of them is the official rule guide of Battle Dawn on Wiki that states that after 100 ticks of one alliance holding 10 relics the game ends. The second link is a message that ALL admins send at the beginning of each game that states the very same thing. So THERE IS something stating that the era will end at EXACTLY 100 ticks. Either fix the rules or respect them. I respected their rules and why shouldn't they respect theirs ? Mistakes happen but I ask for compensation. Mistakes happen but they must be fixed and not passed under silence and injustice. Mistakes happen and we get banned for them and Admins should take the responsibility of them. Either change the rules, change the way eras end or change the admins.

And yes I do demand compensation. I follow the rules to avoid getting banned and I expect the same.

Thank you for sharing with me all these comments and your experience, truly. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:25 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

robtherapper wrote:

My dear friend, I have enclosed two links in my post one of them is the official rule guide of Battle Dawn on Wiki that states that after 100 ticks of one alliance holding 10 relics the game ends. The second link is a message that ALL admins send at the beginning of each game that states the very same thing. So THERE IS something stating that the era will end at EXACTLY 100 ticks. Either fix the rules or respect them. I respected their rules and why shouldn't they respect theirs ? Mistakes happen but I ask for compensation. Mistakes happen but they must be fixed and not passed under silence and injustice. Mistakes happen and we get banned for them and Admins should take the responsibility of them. Either change the rules, change the way eras end or change the admins.

And yes I do demand compensation. I follow the rules to avoid getting banned and I expect the same.

Thank you for sharing with me all these comments and your experience, truly. Thank you.

You are pointing out 2 items which state an alliance must hold the relics for 100 ticks in order for the world to end. It does not say "the world will end at the 100 tick mark". I know it seems crappy that when it says 100 ticks, it should mean 100 ticks. But the wording there was purposeful. Once again, there is human error with manual manipulation. The admins are not super humans. Computer's can be up and active 24/7. We cannot, admin staff included.

No where in either example does it say world will end at EXACTLY 100 ticks of an alliance holding 10 relics. It states those are the requirements for the world to end. It's just like doing diplomacy in the game. If you don't watch the wording specifically, you will get burned by a loop hole. All the time people go "I said we were on friendly terms, not added as allies" or something of the sort. Wording is key in this scenario. Once again, I do sympathize. I and many other's have been in similar situations.

Once again, my suggestion was made to attempt to fix this issue. Hopefully it'll be made soon, but at the same time, the development team is trucking away at BD mobile. A lot of their time is focused elsewhere.

You can continue to ask for compensation outside of the world you were playing, but it still comes down to the admin to make the decision. I am simply telling you that there will most likely not be any compensation for the reasons I gave above. Sometimes, you do everything right and things still go wrong. It's never something that feels good. But for all you know, Joe may have been in a car accident and in the hospital which was the reason for his delay (this is NOT actually the case! Just an example!).

Would you still put the blame on Joe if that was the case? Now in all seriousness, it was most likely just simple delay on his part due to his own activities in real life. But as I've said a few times, admin's are human too. They have the same needs as you and I and require sleep, time for themselves outside of the game. This is their job. No one wants to be on the job 24/7. No one. If I told you I'm making you admin and you are required to be on ALL the time, you'd probably complain and rightfully so.

Joe was away for 40 ticks (20 hours). This is not even a full days worth of time. I TRULY sympathize with you, but I also understand that being an admin is an all day job and no one can be online all day. Give the admins a slight bit of slack. I'll see about helping you in your plea, but the circumstances are as I stated.

You say you deserve compensation, but also think about all those who had similar situations and received nothing. As well as how many say they could have had a "better rank" if they knew the era was gonna last an extra 40 ticks. The admin's can't fix everything for everyone. Circumstances are sometimes in your favor and sometimes they are against it in every manner. Not asking you to like it, but telling you it happens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

After long discussions with Admin Joe I understood his point of view as he understood mine. I wish for no more than that.

I can see Battle Dawn is looking for solutions for everything. These might take time to be installed but we will be patient and we will support the staff and crew all the way.

I simply had a statement and I believe it has been made.

That is all... Topic locked.

Thanks to all who passed by - whether noticed or unnoticed -.

Rob.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]