It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: More Downsizing Required
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:04 pm 
Major
Major

I recently passed a suggestion which suggested radical slashing of the servers and so far I have observed only one server, Earth 4, being dropped. This isn't exactly what I had in mind when I made my suggestion infact I believe I can be quoted saying:

socialmisfit1 wrote:
I'm not talking just cutting a couple servers I'm talking a drastic reshufle leaving only 1-2 servers of each map type

and this is what people voted for, I made it very clear.

so, I'm asking polietly: do the admins intend to do what the community ask for or simply ignore?

galaxy especialy needs radical slashed, right now there are 4 servers each with about 250 players. this could be downsized to just one custom server which switches alliance size and tick speed each era in my own humble opinion.

Fantasy could also use being cut down a bit IMO.

I'm posting this on the forum so you can't ignore me, I'll make sure this doesn't drift into obscurity either.

free tokens!

-Baz

Post subject: Re: More Downsizing Required
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:44 pm 
Captain
Captain

Baz firstly you are still being ignored and wat u think bcoz of ur thread e4was cut down? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well im with you though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

socialmisfit1 wrote:
I recently passed a suggestion which suggested radical slashing of the servers and so far I have observed only one server, Earth 4, being dropped. This isn't exactly what I had in mind when I made my suggestion infact I believe I can be quoted saying:

socialmisfit1 wrote:
I'm not talking just cutting a couple servers I'm talking a drastic reshufle leaving only 1-2 servers of each map type

and this is what people voted for, I made it very clear.

so, I'm asking polietly: do the admins intend to do what the community ask for or simply ignore?

galaxy especialy needs radical slashed, right now there are 4 servers each with about 250 players. this could be downsized to just one custom server which switches alliance size and tick speed each era in my own humble opinion.

Fantasy could also use being cut down a bit IMO.

I'm posting this on the forum so you can't ignore me, I'll make sure this doesn't drift into obscurity either.

Hey Baz, I understand your frustration but please keep in mind the effects of cutting down servers has not been fully observed. While I personally voted yes on your idea, it would be a large risk to simply implement it all at once.

I suspect the current plan is to see what happens on E1 and other single tickers now E4 is closed - will it increase competition? What about the income of E1?

You've to keep in mind that while the staff does listen to everything said in the community, they also have a responsibility to keep this game running and access to many statistics to see the results of small changes.

If what they see on E1 and other single tickers is positive and compensates for the loss of E4 - they will probably shut down other servers as well. But why not see the effects for now, before applying it to other areas? :)

Be patient my friend. They're listening. :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:30 pm 
Major
Major

Personally I think the flaw with this idea is it fixes nothing. It is a very temporary patch and one that will not fix anything. Where do I draw that idea from? Personal experience watching it happen on kong. We need to fix the problem as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:01 pm 
Major
Major

Korupt wrote:
Personally I think the flaw with this idea is it fixes nothing. It is a very temporary patch and one that will not fix anything. Where do I draw that idea from? Personal experience watching it happen on kong. We need to fix the problem as well.

you should have said something sooner then, the suggestion already passed.

free tokens!

-Baz

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]