It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: worst blue tokens introduction
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:23 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 WWW  Profile

hi this is to the BD administration

Well after getting to know that you guys changed the Blue tokens prize for the top 3 alliances

One word for what you guys did "SUCKS!" what the happened? it was better the old way

1k for the 3rd and 1500 for the 2nd and 2k for the 1st

please change it back

cause if this doesn't happens eventually i will have to quit and stop wasting my money and time

waiting for replies

Post subject: Re: worst blue tokens introduction
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:46 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hey there,
Sorry to hear you feel this way. When I started reading this entry, I actually thought we were going to agree, but it seems you were going in the COMPLETELY different direction I was thinking :lol:

For me, I have to say I actually disagree with you completely. The high blue rewards for 2nd and 3rd place actually INCREASED battlehugs. It made 3rd and 2nd place extremely valued ranks, which also meant, no one bothered trying to knocked 1st place out. Instead, it promoted players to bring in large teams and assure the helper teams that if they helped them win, they would ensure 2nd and 3rd for the high reward payout. This lead to the current system of sub abuse/families. MANY complained that lowering the blue rewards would decrease competition because the non-boosters could no longer keep up with the red boosters. lowering the rewards though showed no such results. Then the staff decided (for a bit) to eliminate 2nd and 3rd place rewards to increase competition. The proof was (in my opinion) undisputed in that competition increased enormously as everyone was going for 1st. CME on M2 had one of it's hardest earned era's since it's conception. They had to take down the world in 4 separate (and large) waves to come out on top. Unfortunately, before the 1st era even ended, the staff turned back on this decision due to high amounts of push back from the community. My opinion was that this was truly a shame.

In my honest opinion, I believe the inception of blue tokens overall harmed BD. It made players believe they NEEDED blue tokens to do anything. No longer was "hard work" needed. Nope. It was blue tokens and numbers. Now people attempt to farm them and play "JW" eras all the time.

They sit by in eras with no intent to play just to click on the daily bonus and collect blues up for months later. Players will simply ally everyone on the map in hopes of being able to build all era and come out with 2nd or 3rd rank to "earn" blues for later.

By no means does high blue rewards help the community. It harms it to make them believe blues are of high value in order to compete. Players decide they don't want to boost reds because they can just farm a few easy eras and get a couple thousand blues to use later for a serious era.

Now, with less players in the community, we have less competitive teams in the first place. This only results in even more teams realizing they can easily get away with rank 2 or 3 (and sadly, sometimes 1st) from doing nearly nothing. 1 war and done. Yet, for doing nothing, people get rewarded. And when that 1 team falls on a world, they no longer compete and rebuild. Instead, they quit and look for another world that looks easy to "earn" blue tokens.

I'd personally like to increase 1st place prize and eliminate 2nd and 3rd again. But overall, I'd want total elimination of blues. But that option will never come to be as players have become so dependent on them and the push back would be enormous from the community.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:44 pm 
Major
Major

I love the irony behind someone with a "death before disgrace" signature trying to get higher rewards for tossing off the top teams

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:09 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 WWW  Profile

malicewolf wrote:
Hey there,
Sorry to hear you feel this way. When I started reading this entry, I actually thought we were going to agree, but it seems you were going in the COMPLETELY different direction I was thinking :lol:

For me, I have to say I actually disagree with you completely. The high blue rewards for 2nd and 3rd place actually INCREASED battlehugs. It made 3rd and 2nd place extremely valued ranks, which also meant, no one bothered trying to knocked 1st place out. Instead, it promoted players to bring in large teams and assure the helper teams that if they helped them win, they would ensure 2nd and 3rd for the high reward payout. This lead to the current system of sub abuse/families. MANY complained that lowering the blue rewards would decrease competition because the non-boosters could no longer keep up with the red boosters. lowering the rewards though showed no such results. Then the staff decided (for a bit) to eliminate 2nd and 3rd place rewards to increase competition. The proof was (in my opinion) undisputed in that competition increased enormously as everyone was going for 1st. CME on M2 had one of it's hardest earned era's since it's conception. They had to take down the world in 4 separate (and large) waves to come out on top. Unfortunately, before the 1st era even ended, the staff turned back on this decision due to high amounts of push back from the community. My opinion was that this was truly a shame.

In my honest opinion, I believe the inception of blue tokens overall harmed BD. It made players believe they NEEDED blue tokens to do anything. No longer was "hard work" needed. Nope. It was blue tokens and numbers. Now people attempt to farm them and play "JW" eras all the time.

They sit by in eras with no intent to play just to click on the daily bonus and collect blues up for months later. Players will simply ally everyone on the map in hopes of being able to build all era and come out with 2nd or 3rd rank to "earn" blues for later.

By no means does high blue rewards help the community. It harms it to make them believe blues are of high value in order to compete. Players decide they don't want to boost reds because they can just farm a few easy eras and get a couple thousand blues to use later for a serious era.

Now, with less players in the community, we have less competitive teams in the first place. This only results in even more teams realizing they can easily get away with rank 2 or 3 (and sadly, sometimes 1st) from doing nearly nothing. 1 war and done. Yet, for doing nothing, people get rewarded. And when that 1 team falls on a world, they no longer compete and rebuild. Instead, they quit and look for another world that looks easy to "earn" blue tokens.

I'd personally like to increase 1st place prize and eliminate 2nd and 3rd again. But overall, I'd want total elimination of blues. But that option will never come to be as players have become so dependent on them and the push back would be enormous from the community.

what about those who waste more blues more than being rewarded and still end up 2nd or 3rd while you have to compete with pure red boosters. That's annoying always

AND what about those who's country name is NOT included in the buying option of reds since i'm from pakistan(and it's not in the list) and pretty much pissed everytime i see the other alliance boosting reds

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:12 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 WWW  Profile

socialmisfit1 wrote:
I love the irony behind someone with a "death before disgrace" signature trying to get higher rewards for tossing off the top teams

and what are you trying to prove?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:14 pm 
Major
Major

Celeron24 wrote:
socialmisfit1 wrote:

and what are you trying to prove?

I'm not trying to prove anything I'm simply pointing out the irony of your fight-to-the-death all-or-nothing themed quote as your signature while simultaneously setting yourself up to get more tokens for allying rank 1 teams and finishing 2nd or 3rd.

it wasn't all that subtle tbqh.

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:57 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Celeron24 wrote:
what about those who waste more blues more than being rewarded and still end up 2nd or 3rd while you have to compete with pure red boosters. That's annoying always

AND what about those who's country name is NOT included in the buying option of reds since i'm from pakistan(and it's not in the list) and pretty much pissed everytime i see the other alliance boosting reds

If you waste more blues than you earn to get to 2nd and 3rd, then simply put, you did it wrong. You allied 1st and became their slave for 2nd and 3rd rank while spending tokens? Honestly, it's not needed right now. Usually, rank 1 is able to handle competition on their own, or simply ask for jams and spams. To me, that sounds like you got greedy and attempted to get into the top 10, which often results in the 1st rank coming to kill you.

And if you can't buy reds, that's a shame, but there is nothing wrong with those who do. They get an advantage for spending their actual money on the game. I see no issue with this. Some people complain because some are able to spend more. Simply put, life circumstances aren't always equal. People can spend as much of their money however they wish. As for the restriction on your country, once again, it's a shame, but circumstances are circumstances. I can assure you tacticsoft will do their best to give the best payment options available to their community, but they can't please everyone.

You get angry at those spending reds, but the player considered one of the best BD has had (Milan/Senatus) doesn't spend a dime on BD. Instead, he ensures he sticks with a good team and he makes up for his lack of spending with his extremely high activity. Many simply aren't willing to put in the time or effort to make up for those who can spend money on reds. It's difficult, yes. That's the point. If you wish to play for free, you must play harder to overcome those who wish to pay and play. Strategy and activity will still overcome red boosting. But just because an alliance chooses to be 2nd or 3rd rank by spending their blues, doesn't mean they deserve even more for it. If you are that concerned about your blues, then conserve them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:40 pm 
Major
Major

in my opinion we should remove rewards for 2nd and 3rd completely.

aswell as cracking down on relic farming (passing relics)

free tokens!

-Baz

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]