It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: To Michael
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:40 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Michael,

Hey man. It's been a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time. I just wanted to take a moment to express my thanks to you, as I don't believe I ever really had the chance.

I played BD back in it's glory days. We're talking 2006 or whatever was the beginning. 2007? I don't remember, it's around there. I was a Spam hog on the old forums, and kept it up when we moved here. I ran a colony called "Robin Hood of Nottingham," and my clan was "Robin's Merry Men." Never did win a round.

At the time, I had just graduated high school and was super into BD. I met a lot of great people here. BD consumed a ton of my time; I still remember the days of setting my alarm for 3am just to commence a simultaneous attack with my team. Just coordinating an attack was hard, but the planning before? All the scouting we did, writing down when we thought the enemy team was online, so we could make the best attacks possible? Ugn.

I had a lot of fun. My gf HATED me for it, but I'm married to someone better now :D . I'll never forget when Andrew made DOGS near the end of a world's time, all of his members were the "minister of..." something. He gave us infinite... well everything, and we just nuked the crap out of the leading team. It was so much fun, and everyone in the server loved it.

You had a great team. Sad to hear that Andrew and Seth left, I liked them; I hope you guys parted on good terms. I hear Simmen got Admin now, that's awesome!

To all the new mods and admins: You've got big shoes to fill. Good luck. ;)

Anyway, I have more April Fool's trolling to do in Spam. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for helping create the great memories earlier in my life through Battle Dawn. Keep up the good work.

See you next year, same day!

Thanks again,

Robin Hood

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle. And I've seen the lowliest, unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse. Nobility is not a birthright. It's defined by one's actions."

Post subject: Re: To Michael
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:28 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Yeah whatever the above guy said , thanks for everything Micheal , it was good till it lasted.

Current Status : Playing Clash of Clans with BD friends

:D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]