It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Improved Relic Suggestion!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:50 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

3socca1 wrote:
The biggest problem with this is how long it will take to get ten relics on some worlds. Unless you bring a group of ten active people you wont get relics. 2 or 3 people will get a fragment but that is all you will ever get. Heck when we have winning alliances its only 3 or 4 people getting all the wrecks. Because not everyone can be on all the time to sit around and wait for wrecks. I just think its overall an idea on the right track toward using relics for something but still not a good way of sending them.

Also the alliance leader should not be the one to move the relic. It should be allowed to give to someone...That way multiple people can control the relic and teh leader does not have to be on all the time to stop the relic, and and then move again just makes another hassle.

Well said :)

Also this is too big of a change all at once, these ideas need to be handed out slowly and so that they can be tested individually and in the future if all goes well they can be put together.

There are some very good ideas but some ideas that contradict other rules put in place.

Also if the aim is to make the game more fun, the fragment rule could mean the era goes on for a very long time and most likely not alot of war.
The "have to use a relic to attack another relic" will cause the biggest problems as pointed out, other teams may not have a relic but want to stop the count down.

Just saying.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:21 pm 
Private
Private

gw

and not allow farming relics

more fun, more wars

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:17 pm 
Private
Private

This is a wonderful idea.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:16 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

(only read the starter post)
love Relic idea but I would like to add on to this ; a custom made world were Relics would be really useful , why not compartmentalize this world with barriers that can only be crossed with a relic .Each compartment could be big enouph for several alliances or 100 players each more or less . and compartments could be added to adjust to pop , 5 compartments 10 20 30 40 50 or more .

Galaxy would be perfect for this with the asteroid belts

it would also be nice if there were more story based play , maybe a few ai teams that cant be reasoned with ect.. with their own bio , just to make things interesting

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

RunnerChase wrote:
(only read the starter post)
love Relics but I would like to see a custom made world were Relics would be really useful , why not compartmentalize this world with barriers that can only be crossed with a relic .Each compartment could be big enouph for several alliances or 100 players each more or less . and compartments could be added to adjust to pop , 5 compartments 10 20 30 40 50 or more.

This has been already suggested earlier on other thread.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:46 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I'm glad we're considering some change, but this is not a good idea. I don't know exactly what issues this hopes to solve?

This will make things slightly more difficult for strong teams, but in the end it won't change much, just make the eras a bit longer.

This also won't get rid of subs. Good teams that use quality subs filled with experienced players will just prohibit the sub from taking wrecks. Random subs are already usually more trouble than they're worth.

Then when those loyal subs do end up with the fragments what happens? Must the main kill all 10 armies or they will be yelled at for farming? How much of a fight does your sub have to put up for it to not be farming? This is only going to cause admins to have make even more judgement calls as i don't see how a firm rule could be made on this.

The fact is that this game is quickly dying, there are just not nearly enough quality players to support the amount of servers we have.

How can anyone expect new players to stick around when they play their ass off only to be smothered by a team that has nearly unlimited blue tokens. The rare player that does it make it through to the "inner-circle" they pretty much are replacing a retired guy and perpetuate the same broken system.

The longer this goes on the more unbeatable the top players become, and as they continue to leave out of boredom there will just be no one left.

My proposal continues to be to throw out blues entirely and raise the price of reds. This will level the playing field. Blues were initially meant to level things between boosters and non boosters but this system has failed miserably and I think it really needs to go.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:57 am 
Captain
Captain

ARF , this suggestion aims to eliminate subs , brother alliances etc . But as you say this is not gonna work , i too have the same opinion but i didnt post bcoz i didnt wanted to ruin malice's enjoyment & happiness.

But your idea of removing the blues completely & increasing the cost of reds is flawed. Those times in OC when we didnt have blues , at that time players were different & generation was different. Non - supporters are already complaining abt supporters boosting a lot & now with your idea they will stop playing.

We already had a very spontaneous reaction of players against the decision of removing tokens as rewards for #2 & #3, now if you aim to remove blues entirely then i think you know what will happen.
That was he reason token reward was reduced to 750 & 500 for 2nd & 3rd & not completely removed.

With your suggestion , the game will collapse within a month & you will see majority of supporters playing with population down to 200 or 300 .

Players in OC were patient but now the young generation is quite impatient.
If you have given the taste of blues to players , you cannot take it back.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:08 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Just to clarify, this is simply an idea at the moment. It is not an absolute set in stone kind of thing. The reason we have asked for players to view and input is exactly for that! Input! I've said it many times, you guys ARE BattleDawn! The games not much of a game without players ^^

I WANT people to give their opinions, good or bad. That is how we figure out what the community wants. I can't disagree with all of Milan's statements at all! He comes up with some very valid points. We have dozens of suggestions that were voted by our community sitting in the popular suggestions box and haven't been implemented. These are items people unanimously voted on in the past years that they believed would bring positive change to the game, and we are now looking at a completely new direction.

But honestly, we don't know what will help and what will hurt. Sometimes things we think are only going to cause negativity actually brings much more positive. One thing I know I've been struggling with myself is that drastic change can be good. Sure, we may completely change things and lose the original player base, but if it brings in an entirely new player base, it has in no way failed. Not saying this is what I'm hoping for at all though.

We will continue to gather people's input on the idea and as I said before, even if it's decided to move forward, it will not simply be plopped in front of you all. There will be tests and such done

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:56 am 
Captain
Captain

Malice m2 will be starting a new era soon ( with 4-5 days a new era should , depends how much tom extends the havoc) , so as a yr ago we did a expirement of remving blues on m2 , we can do the same for relics.

We have a few days in hands to improvise and come to final set of rules of this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:04 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

haha, this idea is no where near ready for implementation yet ^^

The dev team probably won't like a day's notice to create this entirely new idea :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next