It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Improved Relic Suggestion!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:39 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I think this idea can really help improve the game I can already believe that this would cause a lot more competition as the relics are likely to go to more different alliances.

More war :twisted:

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:01 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

Hell yeah!
Awesome idea! :)

ow!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I really like this idea. Personally I think a lot of people will have a sense of accomplishment as a alliance building a relic then just 1 team member just able to rush in and take a relic etc...

Keep up the good work on this. I look forward to seeing the updates and ideas as we progress to the final product in this update.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:27 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Ok, let me tell you my twist on this idea.

1. To increase spread (and the actual chance of anyone actually get fragments), I say to, in the start of the era give out fragments at a higher rate than 1/8. The plan is to base it off the spawningpool. How many fragments are left? The original idea is:
70+ left, 1/2 is a fragment
60+ left 1/3 is a fragment
50+ left 1/4 is a fragment
40+ left 1/5 is a gragment
30+ left 1/6 is a fragment
20+ left 1/7 is a fragment
Less than 20, 1/8 is a fragment

This is because in the lategame, the top alliances have a wastly better network than the other players. This way, we try to have many of the fragments spread out before that. With this idea, 60+ fragments are handed out before tick 300 when they start dissappearing. This is in theory more than enough to make all 10 relics.. but they will (hopefully) be spread out between more alliances than that, so, I'm thinking realistically 6-7 relics out by tick 300, the last hopefully out by tick 500. (Feel free to tweak the numbers)

2. Scrap the "can only attack relic from relic" rule and replace it with a killing rule. Only attack relic from relic excludes a lot of players both before they get a relic, but especially after all 10 have been taken. After that point there is no way to take a relic.

So, what's the killing rule? Well, inspired by the old client where the relic was attatched to your colony, to attack a relic. You would have to conquer half of the alliance holding it.

That way, handing over relics will be a much less plessant experience to say the least. That sure rank 2 is down the drain.

3. Instead of giving the leader a chance to fuse the fragments into a relic, it happens automatically once 5 are in the alliance. This is to make the relics spread out, and forcing batles. Simple as that.

4. The turrets would only make campwalls even more powerful, especially combined with no attacking from relics, which was one of the few ways people could deal with camp walls. I'd say scrap it.

5. Part of the reason the "only attack relic from relic" was added was to put relics into play. But really, it won't happen, not in any meaningful sense at least. What will happen is that one alliance will kill the other alliance and THEN bring in the relic.. then the defeated alliance will send away their relic at an eternal relic chase as they move at the same speed.. Anyone else see a flaw with this?

If you want to put relics into play, rather make them overpowered. Give them a gate, give them an ion cannon that can only fire at nukes that is heading for it, but make shots cost way less (I'm thinking 100 or even 50). I'd say a trainingbase, but if it's owned by the alliance, I'd say that anyone in the alliance can use the TB (owner of the units would be the one who start training them)

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:52 am 
Private
Private

Well your suggestion is brilliant :D . I think it will make the game more spicy :mrgreen: !!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:15 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

simmen wrote:

1. To increase spread (and the actual chance of anyone actually get fragments), I say to, in the start of the era give out fragments at a higher rate than 1/8. The plan is to base it off the spawningpool. How many fragments are left? The original idea is:

This is because in the lategame, the top alliances have a wastly better network than the other players. This way, we try to have many of the fragments spread out before that. With this idea, 60+ fragments are handed out before tick 300 when they start dissappearing. This is in theory more than enough to make all 10 relics.. but they will (hopefully) be spread out between more alliances than that, so, I'm thinking realistically 6-7 relics out by tick 300, the last hopefully out by tick 500. (Feel free to tweak the numbers)

2. Scrap the "can only attack relic from relic" rule and replace it with a killing rule. Only attack relic from relic excludes a lot of players both before they get a relic, but especially after all 10 have been taken. After that point there is no way to take a relic.

So, what's the killing rule? Well, inspired by the old client where the relic was attatched to your colony, to attack a relic. You would have to conquer half of the alliance holding it.

That way, handing over relics will be a much less plessant experience to say the least. That sure rank 2 is down the drain.

3. Instead of giving the leader a chance to fuse the fragments into a relic, it happens automatically once 5 are in the alliance. This is to make the relics spread out, and forcing batles. Simple as that.

4. The turrets would only make campwalls even more powerful, especially combined with no attacking from relics, which was one of the few ways people could deal with camp walls. I'd say scrap it.

5. Part of the reason the "only attack relic from relic" was added was to put relics into play. But really, it won't happen, not in any meaningful sense at least. What will happen is that one alliance will kill the other alliance and THEN bring in the relic.. then the defeated alliance will send away their relic at an eternal relic chase as they move at the same speed.. Anyone else see a flaw with this?

If you want to put relics into play, rather make them overpowered. Give them a gate, give them an ion cannon that can only fire at nukes that is heading for it, but make shots cost way less (I'm thinking 100 or even 50). I'd say a trainingbase, but if it's owned by the alliance, I'd say that anyone in the alliance can use the TB (owner of the units would be the one who start training them)

Honestly, I love most of this.

1. The idea to spread the fragment release speed based on tick makes total sense. The point was to spread relics out more and the start of the era is the best time to get this done. When everyone is on equal ground because their networks aren't built yet. Late game, the worlds will be dominated by the usual few good teams and they'd easily be able to shut out other's from 90% of the wrecks from activity and power.

2. With the relic can only attack relic idea; part of what I liked about it was that it meant it would make whomever got the 1st relic an extreme asset and everyone would then scramble to make another to stop them from having an unstoppable battle fortress. BUT there are of course, many issues that could arise. camp walls would then make relics useless as there would be no where for them to take units into (since they can't attack outwards either) and then there'd be the opposite issue where you could basically have a safe spot for armies at ALL times if they invaded a non-relic holding alliance.

Unfortunately, your killing rule does NOT stop this from happening. It prevents battlehugs where people trade relics for safety. I would want to see a different rule or option for this. My personal favorite is allowing players with fragments to use them in some way to allow them to attack relics. We got plenty of extra fragments laying around the world. As to what that thing will be, there's many options available. I'd like to hear what people come up with.

3. I wouldn't mind this idea personally. If you have a relic, you can attack a relic.

4. I disagree with this. I can tell you've partially taken conversation from outside of the initial idea into this. You idea is seems to be based on the turrets being able to hit squads as well, so I'll continue to argue based on that idea. I agree that turrets could make campwalls more powerful, but it also forces game play to slow down (which SOOO many players are complaining about as they can't get sleep while playing seriously). Turrets would force more jamming to be necessary as well as nukes to break through such walls. More strategy will be needed to break through territories. I think turrets could add a whole new and much more expansive amount of gameplay. I'd REALLY like to hear more people's opinions on the turret aspect alone. It's a new feature entirely that we're contemplating adding and could be very versatile in use. I would hope it would increase the need for strategy over the need for activity. Not that I don't believe activity should be rewarded, but we have seen people constantly burning out over the eras and then quitting. We need to get away from this! Burning our community out is BAD!!

5. I'm still fine with upping the relic's power. I agree, part of the idea was to force relics to be a bigger part of the offensive aspect of the game. Most just hide them in corners. This would definitely give incentive to send relics to the frontlines :lol: but since the relic is not owned by an individual anymore, the ion part would be interesting. How would you determine who's energy is being used? Perhaps you have to "donate" resources to the Relic in order to do anything with it? That way, whatever is in the pool will be the resources used to move it, create units (if we add TB aspect), ion, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Terrific ideas simen!

Keep the feedback flowing guys. Any ideas are good ideas. :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:32 am 
Private
Private

simmen wrote:

Well your idea is also very terrific :mrgreen: !!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:37 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Loving the suggestions towards the idea keep them coming and hopefully this idea can really make this game the best it can possibly be. :D

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:32 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Come on folks! Let's keep the creative juices flowing here! :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next