It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Challenge to HORD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:56 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I see you have dominated F4 for some time. I have never played F4 and from the looks of it your dominance has been gifted to you by lack of competition. This is a low populated and generally sub-par server from everything I've seen.

You have managed to win this round already. While the competition is weak, it still takes work to wrap up a round so quick; no matter what server. So good job. Its simply a matter of relics being released now.

With that said, I challenge you to come to E1 next era (2-4 weeks). I realize you (Pete) were on E1 this era to check it out, but I assure you that this era (and the last due to CE) are not the norm. I will bring a team, and I know of one other team of decent quality coming as well. You make it 3 and we have ourselves a nice little round.

Whatya say?

Post subject: Re: Challenge to HORD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:01 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

you can always go to f4 if they don't take you up on it.. :twisted:

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:13 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I can't get any of the players I'd recruit to take a Fantasy round serious unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:25 pm 
Major
Major

CptAmerica wrote:
I can't get any of the players I'd recruit to take a Fantasy round serious unfortunately.

An attitude like that leads to looking foolish.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:26 pm 
Captain
Captain

Korupt wrote:
CptAmerica wrote:

How so Korupt? It has been well established that E1 is/was where the cream of the crop play to make a name for themselves.

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:30 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Korupt wrote:
CptAmerica wrote:

Regardless if the competition has been good or bad here, its the stigma that surrounds non single tick earth servers that most older players will stay away from. It simply has never been as challenging overall. Some of the folks I am recruiting haven't played in a while, it's just the way some think and even if things have changed recently (which I see no sign of), they'd have no clue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:39 pm 
Major
Major

gaurav1 wrote:
Korupt wrote:
CptAmerica wrote:

How so Korupt? It has been well established that E1 is/was where the cream of the crop play to make a name for themselves.

To look down on any server or player leaves you open and provides your opponent a weakness to exploit. As an original konger I cannot tell you the number of .com teams that went to kong for an "easy win" and ended up getting destroyed.

As for CptAmerica, that set mindset is my point though. That belief that many players have creates blindness which allows them to be surprised or worse yet makes them complacent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:40 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Korupt wrote:
CptAmerica wrote:

Well put Korrupt.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Lol... Except JFA did to E1 what we do to F4 every round.

There are no servers that can be a guarenteed proving ground anymore. E4 is currently the most competative (out of nowhere).

We've been in the same world for 5 consecutive rounds, taunting good players to come and play on our turf. I hear a lot of "we would destroy you if we came" followed by a swift "Oh we werent really trying" when we kill them within the first few hundred ticks.

AL came this round with a very decent lineup (as I am sure you all would agree): Ourania, Dennis, Guess Who, Shroom, Psi, and Michael all in the same alliance. That is a top level alliance on any world and we shot them down within 200 ticks.

I don't know if I am playing next round after our 5peat, but even so, I am sure the Horde I leave behind will be just as viscious.

Either way, If you have something to prove to Horde... You come to us, because we dont need to prove anything to you.

Nevertheless, I will express your interest in us playing E1 to my alliance. I think many of us are growing rather tired of battledawn so I will see what the response is and get back to you.

-Pete

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:52 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I'm not sure what AL was doing this round, but they were definitely not "top-alliance" form. Not to mention your opinion of decent alliance may differ greatly from mine. That is no excuse though, and its a fair response to my taunt and message. They got smoked, simple enough.

With that said, it's simply impossible to convince "veteran" players to simply forget about 4+ years of E1 being the standard for competition..regardless of its current state. You train, improve, win on other servers and then come to E1 when you are ready, that's how it's been and I see no reason it should change. You have dominated here, nobody has beaten you...so come to E1 and take it to the next level.

You may not think you don't have anything to prove, but that is simply not the case. E1 is the proving grounds.

I really do hope you take me up on this offer.

@ Korrupt - There is a difference between not taking a server seriously, and not taking players seriously. The latter can be dangerous.

Last edited by CptAmerica on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:56 pm 
Major
Major

I think Pete saying he has nothing to prove was taking the approach of they know what they have done as well as their own skill level. They simply do not feel the need to beat their chest to display their dominance to anyone else. The soft spoken ones are what you should watch out for. ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next