It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Snapping Point
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:30 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Despite HORD completely destroying most of my alliance(,LNF), I have no complaints. It's all in the name of a fun event. Although I do wish the admin gave out more resources so that we can rebuild...

And as for a previous event team, I do believe there was an incident about a Zombie event on a certain Earth world 3 years back? I believe a certain someone abused his energy to ion 100+ nukes in their silos while remaining in protection. So unless Seth forgot about that, perhaps he should have limited their energy slightly more.

But hopefully overall the event just gets better as new alliances take over with a clearer idea of how an event team is supposed to be run.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:30 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

Hord just sucks, no one goes to f4 boo boo boo sad sad. HORD = only 1 world cuz they inacitve.

#AdminGreeny2014

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:23 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

SirSkipwith wrote:
I beg you to tell me what army you've caught of us.

If we haven't killed any of your army, why are you even complaining?[/quote]
It's obvious you're still not getting it. I've only commented on how it seems we're particularly targeted. BitD and BotD are obviously main and sub, so when you say you killed Camp's units you're merely adding up to this, not countering it. But that's not why I'm here. I'm not here complaining because we lost units here or we lost units there, I'm complaining because we're being put un an unfair situation. And if you would stop trying to shoot one-liners back at me because they look cool, you'd see that when you tell me to grow up a pair, you're shooting blanks: BitD's currently got both yours and Dutchy's colonies under attack, so what are you talking about? I said it on the last paragraph, the fact I'm here talking about it doesn't mean I'll stop launching my squads and coordinating to kill you.

And hold on for a sec. We were told at the start of the era? I only knew there was an event "kind of like the pirate thing" because you told me so, and Admin Seth told me so through Skype. There wasn't a single mass message about it until the tick your first wave was unleashed. Even in it, that about the event team not being the same each era wasn't written on it. Was there a smoke signal somewhere I didn't see? First said about it was by you in the bio.

So about you bringing a fight... well I thought you were bringing an event, not a challenge directly to BitD and BotD. An event that would challenge the entire F4 as a whole. So much for that, you guys not believing in the principle you should be representing is what's bringing the problems this event has. The event is doable, though it needs tweaks but most importantly, restrictions. It's over the top atm, specially if you think an alliance can pop out 3 ions a day each to squads. I've seen an alliance do 56 ions in a single tick. That was LOIC on e4 era 17 if I'm not mistaken. They had 10 + 1 members do ions, as they kicked a guy and added someone with 500 energy, plus giving each members enough reds to do even emergency boosts. You've got no idea how much ticks they had to keep boosting to recover from just that sortie.

So, if you can't take the time or care to read all of what I've written and make sense of it, let me say it in short words here: HORD is nearly unrestricted in using their Havoc-level resources, which include but are not limited to having the capability of recruiting a member from our midst without so much of an alliance transition or even downgrade of op network, nearly infinite ionning capabilities and the radar coverage to go along with it. All of that which we seem to get the bigger brunt of because the (only) active HORD members happen to be in our area of responsibility and the member with the network also happened to have it all across at least half our territory. You and Raider say this is the challenge you were looking for; it doesn't matter what either of you think. What I think doesn't matter, but facts do, and fact of the matter is, this isn't a challenge but a clusterf*** to whoever draws the short straw, and that happened to be us twice in a row and we're not happy about it. These circumstances are unfair, and we're not gonna take it lying down in the grass looking at the pink clouds.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:52 am 
Corporal
Corporal

GreenDayIsBack1 wrote:
Hord just sucks, no one goes to f4 boo boo boo sad sad. HORD = only 1 world cuz they inacitve.

Get out greeny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:22 am 
Private
Private

An update for you thechessshark13: me and Stone just lost our armies, 1500+ units fighting Cats, who lost also 1500 units... I choosed this fight because Cats deserved it due to their relentless pursue of me and Stone.

Now imagine this: if HORD would have conspired against you guys, me and Stone suposed to attack ONLY BitD... which NEVER happened and we were sooo close to your hive ...

I can understand your frustration, but try to be more objective! If you ask me I think you should and deserve to win this era, I give you that.

But blaming HORD for all that things is too much and is kinda dishonest!

We ALL love F4 and as far as I saw you are the only ones complaining so much about this era. Please take a deep breath, detach a little bit of what you think is so wrong and judge once again... I am sure you will find this new events idea as interesting as Seth and us intended to be.

Yes, we did mistakes, but we ALL in F4 are in a learning process of how to make things better and I believe you supose to help us with ideas, instead of blaming us which is the simplest and easiest thing to do.
I only wish you win the era and be the next event team!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:38 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I'm not on F4, so you can choose to ignore my opinion if you like :) But when I first saw this event I found it very interesting :D A good sense of competition that rewards blues.

However, the first criticism I have for it was raised when HORD came out of protection first time round. Players said that when the big alliances attacked HORD, HORD prioritized them over the weaker players. While this partly makes sense, it's unfair for the top alliances to be the main alliances competing in this even, to then be cheated out of the rewards due to HORD not defending as hard against the weaker players. As I have not played the era, I don't know how true this may be, so if I'm wrong I will glad-fully admit to it.

The second criticism I have is HORD attacking outposts at random. The event should only allow HORD to defend themselves (and any ops that they may decide to place or Seth places for them to defend). However as an event, players should have the option to participate or not. If an alliance chooses not to participate then they lose out on the rewards, so it's fair. However as HORD have proven time and time again their strength in the past, so it's hardly fair to give them a bunch of super units and then have them spam outposts at random, while they aren't actually competing for anything. Everyone knows infra-structure is key to an alliances victory and with HORD so easily taking alliances network down, it leaves alliances vulnerable to attack from other alliances. Meh I've seen BR's of 3 squads dying to 1 unit, so it sure isn't easy to defend against these attacks.

That's just my opinion on the matter anyway :) Choose to ignore it if you want, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't mind :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:38 am 
Private
Private

Ok , so even though i lost almost my entire army, i got to say i had alot of fun thanks to Tecunson and Stone. Although im sure we werent attacked as much as Bitd and Botd, its due to the fact that we did not have as big a network as they do. But i can honestly say that my radar was lit up with incoming squads around the clock.
Reading the forums the only complaints from what i could understand and agree with would be the ioning of 300+ squads out of the air and also the guardian units defending ops and wiping out 3 squads. maybe the event team should have to keep them at home or on the relic?
Other than that ive had tons of fun with this event. :D [/color]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:41 am 
Corporal
Corporal

my problem with this "event era":
1. there are no clear rules set in place so everybody knows at the outset what they are getting for the event
2. an event ought to be a subplot which does not affect the main plot of an era. in this case, the main plot was one of BitD-LNF or even others going for the era win. the rules of the subplot ought to have been designed by discussing with the era-interested-team-leaders so they feel they all got a fair deal.
3. as to hord team which is the event team, yo guys did what you had to do.
4. seth should have ensured points 1 and 2 were ensured. so my guns are pointed at seth. ;) lol.... even though i got much respect for the man.

cheers,
xyz SNORING THIS ERA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:59 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Fantasy 4:

Oh what can I say about this era other than the fact that it is my first ever time on F4 my first time speaking to and playing against HORD and also my first time having seen such an unbiased and amazing form from a team up against such overwhelming odds.

HORD members have not only been honorable with their words but have playing in a manor that can only be congratulated, vault after having read your opinion of things I must say I think you are wrong, I know for a fact that HORD have been unbiased and you're not the only ones having a "tough" time with active members, 2 rounds running we have had active members, Stone and KingFisher (thank you 2 for the fun) and this time around Stone and Tecunson who have both been highly active, and very very tough to fight but as Tecunson has already said in his statement we fought and we fought and we chased them which is what this event was about giving those playing a challenge, as Tec also said we did finally fight on an outpose below our hive and we both did lose 1500 units in which Tec and Stone both have accumulated 5 super units in which we did kill 4 of. The battle report is here: http://gyazo.com/4116a9bd9b42830d7a3e8d36f7bda592

I would like to say this though, thank you HORD for this event and thank you Admin Seth for allowing this event to take place, I am sure BiTD will have some more to say on the bias of this even and how unrestricted people are but oh well it is in my opinion and that of my team Cats that this event has been amazing and a lot of good fun.

Thank you for taking the time to read (if you did :P )

Ignite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:42 pm 
Private
Private

pqrst wrote:
my problem with this "event era":
1. there are no clear rules set in place so everybody knows at the outset what they are getting for the event
2. an event ought to be a subplot which does not affect the main plot of an era. in this case, the main plot was one of BitD-LNF or even others going for the era win. the rules of the subplot ought to have been designed by discussing with the era-interested-team-leaders so they feel they all got a fair deal.
3. as to hord team which is the event team, yo guys did what you had to do.
4. seth should have ensured points 1 and 2 were ensured. so my guns are pointed at seth. ;) lol.... even though i got much respect for the man.

cheers,
xyz SNORING THIS ERA

I agree

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next