It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:30 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

Yes and one of the main problems Crystal farming will be a little harder to accomplish thanks to the raised power lv witch you receive a crystal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:30 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Andrew wrote:
[color=green]
2) Level 4 and 5 structures have had their building times increased. Level 4 structures will take 12hrs and level 5 will take 24hrs. This was implemented to give a little more time before advanced tech can be used so that we don't see nukes and ion cannons in the first couple of ticks.
/color]

Wut? I don't usually criticize updates, but this is really something I disagree with. Sure, it cuts the potential power high-calibre alliances can have within the first 100 ticks or so, but it also diminishes the ability of mid-level alliances and less-endowed alliances to actually compete and survive against each other, and the top alliances. Also, it doesn't really solve the problem, doesn't it? Alliances that can produce more within a shorter period of time can have these structures at a faster rate than anyone else, so you still get that "early advantage".

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

Last edited by MmCm6 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:31 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

MmCm6 wrote:
Andrew wrote:
[color=green]
2) Level 4 and 5 structures have had their building times increased. Level 4 structures will take 12hrs and level 5 will take 24hrs. This was implemented to give a little more time before advanced tech can be used so that we don't see nukes and ion cannons in the first couple of ticks.
/color]

[color=#404080]Wut? I don't usually criticize updates, but this is really something I disagree with. Sure, it cuts the potential power high-calibre alliances can have within the first 100 ticks or so, but it also diminishes the ability of mid-level alliances and less-endowed alliances to actually compete and survive against each other, and the top alliances. Also, it doesn't really solve the problem, doesn't it? Alliances that can produce more within a shorter period of time can have these structures at a faster rate than anyone else, so you still get that "early advantage".
But maybe in the beginning, when the top alliances get ranged, the weaker alliances could fight with damage and armour instead of just armour. It'd help a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:38 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

ninja0 wrote:
But maybe in the beginning, when the top alliances get ranged, the weaker alliances could fight with damage and armour instead of just armour. It'd help a bit.

Not really. Who's gonna to have the ranged armies first? Who's gonna have bigger armies? Who's gonna have the infrastructure necessary to expand and kill off competition first? The big alliances will. The structures are an advantage mid-level alliances can hold onto, and having them wait longer to have them than more endowed alliances is basically resigning them to a stagnant era.

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:43 pm 
Captain
Captain

MmCm6 wrote:
ninja0 wrote:

Not really. Who's gonna to have the ranged armies first? Who's gonna have bigger armies? Who's gonna have the infrastructure necessary to expand and kill off competition first? The big alliances will. The structures are an advantage mid-level alliances can hold onto, and having them wait longer to have them than more endowed alliances is basically resigning them to a stagnant era.

It's just a minor bump, we don't want tech 4/5 to be way too long but we don't want guys starting the round with them either. It just gives a small headstart. We don't want to toss in major changes and then have to revert back. We may go farther in the future, we're just nudging it a bit for right now.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

IS the updates going to be improved over time

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:49 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

24 hrs is a long time to build gates which is hard to get anyway for normal or new players but great update all and all :mrgreen:

Military Madness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:06 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Andrew wrote:
This was a minor update with 2 simple balance changes:

1) Colonies will get a crystal when they reach 30 power now instead of 20. This is to give players more time to expand and build an army to be better able to protect the crystal they receive and to make it harder to "crystal farm".

Feel free to discuss these specific changes in this thread, give feedback, suggestions, etc but try to keep it specific to these changes.

-Andrew

Andrew im going to be honest most rounds are delayed for a long time before they start and i boost so all this means i get there early and build my structures and i got them all done when ticks start. 30 power i got no problem with

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

well i think since im a booster i should be able to build high level structures alot quicker. if anything this update is helping us red boosters...people who arent active enough or dont have the resources to build the essential structures quickly are at a disadvantage here. i dont think this would balance the game much. in my opinion, at this update's best, the game wont be affected much.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:21 pm 
Captain
Captain

We have a lot of updates planned. Development has been bottlenecked for over a year due to some internal staff issues but we should be back in business and back to regular updates going forward.

Our list of tasks(Updates, bug fixes, new features, etc) is a couple hundred right now. I did a full review of all of our tasks in the last month so they are all current as well.

-Andrew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next