It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming updates
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:29 pm 
Captain
Captain

simmen wrote:
Do you think the thought behind this update was to make more money?
We are working on balancing the game, balancing the gameplay, trying to find the balance between giving the boosters an advantage for the money they've spent and them buying a round. And its not easy, but little by little I hope we can find the balance.

There is no balance.

You cater to boosters or you lose them.

That's all there is to it.

【Fantasy】【EB】【Wolf】

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:19 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

there was nothing wrong with he game it was perfect 14 man alliances were great even 12 man you come with all these crazy updates non boosters do perfectly fine its a game of skill some make the cut some dont its life every lion that is born doesnt live but the ones that do become animals ive seen good non boosting allianes all you need too do is prepare before the round vote get the blue tokens save for your era you will play seriously theres metal mines oil wells choose locations make allys

do things too grow i like the previous comment you loose the boosters then what ok look for ways you remove emergency cools ok all is well but when ever you try too fix something that is broken that bad it doesnt end well my step mothers back was fine but she decided too have surgery too fix a small problem now she is in pain everyday and regrets it . i beg of you leave the game it was fine how it was fix a few problems at least make the alliance limit 12

next thing WTF are we suppose too use nukes for now ?? did you even think about the fact that the NON BOOSTERS THAT PLAY SOLO WORLDS

that cant boost a big army how will they get a relic anothr update wthout thinking past square 2 whoever you have doing the thinking id advise you fire them . bd is a game with real ppl and real ppl come from a world it is eat or be eaten 1 hyena cannot kill a lion but 50 hyenas can unite and fight for a goal use tactics diplomacy and skill not run too admin and complain about boosters update game and make all players quit sorry for the long note.

just had alot too say .....

-darius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:46 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

mfreak wrote:
Quote:

Yes of course. You'd be nuts if you didn't.

Then call me nuts! :)
(As I'm sure you've done plenty of times before :lol: )
Its about balance; at least to me.
I can honestly say, I haven't got into a discussion about any update with the pure intention to make money, but to improve the game.

bridgetown wrote:
there was nothing wrong with he game it was perfect 14 man alliances were great even 12 man you come with all these crazy updates non boosters do perfectly fine its a game of skill some make the cut some dont its life every lion that is born doesnt live but the ones that do become animals ive seen good non boosting allianes all you need too do is prepare before the round vote get the blue tokens save for your era you will play seriously theres metal mines oil wells choose locations make allys
This update wasn't to help the boosters or non boosters. But to remove unwanted side effects and then try to re balance it as good as possible. The freeze period was never made for boosters to have a chance to have the level 5 structures before the ticks started, but to let people place a colony. The trade system wasn't put in place to avoid the cooldowns.

do things too grow i like the previous comment you loose the boosters then what ok look for ways you remove emergency cools ok all is well but when ever you try too fix something that is broken that bad it doesnt end well my step mothers back was fine but she decided too have surgery too fix a small problem now she is in pain everyday and regrets it . i beg of you leave the game it was fine how it was fix a few problems at least make the alliance limit 12
The alliance limit were changed to increase competition, spread the good players over more alliances.

next thing *CENSORED* are we suppose too use nukes for now ??
I'm confused, and it seems like you are as well. We are increasing the power of the nukes, not decreasing it, if you could explain what you meant a little better I will hopefully be able to answer you.

did you even think about the fact that the NON BOOSTERS THAT PLAY SOLO WORLDS that cant boost a big army how will they get a relic anothr update wthout thinking past square 2 whoever you have doing the thinking id advise you fire them . bd is a game with real ppl and real ppl come from a world it is eat or be eaten 1 hyena cannot kill a lion but 50 hyenas can unite and fight for a goal use tactics diplomacy and skill not run too admin and complain about boosters update game and make all players quit sorry for the long note.
They can take a relic now as well as they have been able to before. The numbers of units has been decreased. The death toll might be a bit higher now then before, but since its usually the strongest alliances who go for the relics, this will have a positive effect on the weaker as the stronger alliances lose more units.

just had alot too say .....

-darius

AnitsuEx wrote:
simmen wrote:
We are working on balancing the game, balancing the gameplay, trying to find the balance between giving the boosters an advantage for the money they've spent and them buying a round. And its not easy, but little by little I hope we can find the balance.

There is no balance.

You cater to boosters or you lose them.

That's all there is to it.

Oh yes, there is. If we were only interested in money all cooldowns would be at 1 tick and we'd let the boosters have larger advantages then now.

I'm not saying boosters shouldn't have advantages, ofcaorse they should. Saying anything else would make me look nuts. But there has to be a balance saying that a non booster or several non boosters together can have a chance against a booster if they have better tactics and activity.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:43 pm 
Captain
Captain

You have to keep a balance of showing the non-supporters you care and the supporters you care, therefore you put a cool down so there is no huge abuse(implying all 1 tick cool down).

You'll lose a big base of players.

If you're a big enough booster I think it's in there that there is some benefits so you don't "anger" the mob so to speak if anything does occur ;)

Also, don't fix what's not broken.

【Fantasy】【EB】【Wolf】

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:37 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

to the rol member this is exactly what im saying all was fine and well with the game they could have done a few updates fix a few things everyone was usta the 14 man and 12 man alliances now you put it at 10 more players spread around you say all you did was make the same alliances that were rank 1 spread there players into 2 alliances and kill more of the very non supporters your trying too help.

the game was fine the ads i agree i want bd too do good we need more admins i want too make sure seth simmen is paid the admins that try take time too repsond you got guys like joe lazy joe as they call him the laziest admin known too bd joe is the only admin that takes screen shots for 24hrs and pays you your tokens days later seth pays as soon as the round is done

simmen i had few convos with you on my website before you just vanished but you deserve more credit all im saying ok so you want the big alliances too loose units the boosters but you should also allow the nukes the also help the non booster get relics. what about solo worlds now relics for boosters only wheres this balance all you did was tip the scale now everything is off balanced everything is fine it takes skill too play bd still

like i siad there metal mines oil wells choose locations plan eras recruit good players this is what makes you win not boosters planning learning gaining skills we have a good game dont ruin it what else will i do with my time and i really dont want too retire but man its just i think i cant take no more. i only spend 100 dollars a era so im not big booster.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:16 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

^ how about u go and edit ur post so that it would have stops, commas and such? I'm sorry but I've failed to follow u up there. Credits to simmen who had patience and skills to read all those stuff.

There are some people who don't like changes. They just keep saying the game was perfect, why was it changed?

How long could you be playing on Red Alert 1? One month? One year? Were u long for Red Alert 2? And how much different between Red Alert 1 and 2?

Every changes to gameplay in strategy games are encouraged. Wat if they put u into disadvantages? How many times have you played Star Craft mission with a little troops in hand against a whole army? And iirc, in the 10th mission of White Shark in Submarine Titans, ur whole little troops will get wipe out just in the first group of enemy. Find a solution through the difficulties, that's what strategy means.

Back to Battle Dawn, wat does an alliance has 10 members mean? Wat does relics can't be nuked means? And in the future, I don't know, maybe damage units will be a little bit stronger, and units killed / lost will do something to our score? They all mean that we all have to re-work for our strategies and adapt our style of play to match the new changes.

And to anyone who think these updates are for money.

Have u seen the ads put on BD? They have never put ads on BD before. And I must say that putting ads on site is the most annoying thing to do to gain more income. That's the last thing I want to do if I were a site developer. But then, BD staffs did this, which could mean nothing but BD's income are pretty low. So what would hurt if some updates mean for money?

However that is not the case here, if I were a developer and I want money, I would put away all red boost cooldown and put more ticks on the blue boost cooldown. And I will put up things like, use 50 reds to build a lvl 4 structure and 100 reds to build a lvl 5, as well as 1 reds for each range soldier recruited.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:57 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

the guy above please don,t post on the forums again ,thanks . i don,t see the point of all these things its a forum i,m writing not a book or an essay to the president . ads are good wow i don,t even know how too respond to you i ts obvious you haven,t graduated preschool.

Please try to stay on topic and stay away from flaming,
-Jake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

hmmm....

something i realize, at least the good news is that BD staff are keeping everyone on the loop now...were they get tons of reponse immediately.. :lol: :lol:

this way, it eases Kane's burden :P :P :D on how to improve BD further..

why not a run test world?? rather than implementing it on spot...then you get tons of complains if its a disaster... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

there are around less than 20-50K players over all active players at BD... only less than 100 players are active responding to forums/technical issues/improvements/blablabla...and this are all the players who wish to improve all this stuff...dont see no harm having a "RUN test world" like 1tick-500 ticks..reset all the time...no boost no nothing...pure "RUN test" :)

thats just me...you all takecare,

-SoLdiErz of FoRtUnE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

there is a test world, its called RC.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:26 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tenkai wrote:
there is a test world, its called RC.

there is?? :o link?? :D :D sorry super noob here... :lol: :lol: i dont know much about BD...only know how to boost boost boost... :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

-SoLdiErz of FoRtUnE

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next