It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update 8th april
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:35 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
Battle Dawn is a strategy game and so everyone has to find out a well working balance between outposts and upkeep.
I don't think that the amount we did for now is to low.
Even as 'teamplayer' 15+ ops in early ticks and with a very low power is a lot. The upkeep will kill you before you start to build up your army.

Not with resource help from allies. It's a strategy used by many alliances. Or... was used.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:16 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Even I dont think it will reduce outpost farming. It will prevent people from building 50 outposts in a tick. But they can build 6 outposts, every 3 ticks. Get a couple more of your friends to build, you have the same farming issue again. So it wont stop farming as such. IMO outpost farming can be controlled only using a hard cap on workers, cuz it is for this reason most people farm. Again, metal and oil, infrastructure will be major motives for op farming. The thing is, farming is something that can never truly be curbed :) As long as this is a team game.

And I second what Matt said.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Sadly I have to agree with all this.. There are teams that have 1 guy for the OPs, and there have been times when I held more than the amount of OPs allowed related to my power, and where I needed to build new ones. This hurts expansion..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:53 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I'm not opposed strongly to this but I have to say I don't like this at all...

As a non-booster, I tend to aim for the gate, radar structures (or silo structure) first and build up infrastructure while the other heavy boosters in my team go for the army and expansion. So it's not rare for me to build more than 15 OPs while having less than 2 full squads.

But just as Ilona said, this might be changed back when the admins see that it does good more than bad. So I'll just give this updates some time to see wat will come out of it.

On another note, I believe restricting OP building through structures is always a better idea than through power or score. After all, rarely anyone build up infrastructure (in a big scale) without having at least level 5 farm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:37 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Quote:
But just as Ilona said, this might be changed back when the admins see that it does good more than bad. So I'll just give this updates some time to see wat will come out of it.

I'm not happy with this update too,but like aister said We'll need to wait and see

made in the hands of darklighter
BD Maintenance
TLG
RFFN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:46 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I would like some clarification please. Does the amount of OPs you are able to build stack?

i.e if I have 19 power and built 6 OPs, then say bought a small worker boost and am up to 21 power, will I be able to build an extra 9 OPs now? Or just an extra 3?

And does capturing OPs still count towards your "built" OP count?

[19:00:21] Alexander: thats my opinion, maybe its (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:08 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

YesNoMaybe wrote:
I would like some clarification please. Does the amount of OPs you are able to build stack?

i.e if I have 19 power and built 6 OPs, then say bought a small worker boost and am up to 21 power, will I be able to build an extra 9 OPs now? Or just an extra 3?

And does capturing OPs still count towards your "built" OP count?

according to wat Ilona said, it doesn't stack.

and it counts all towards ur "holding OPs"

if ur currently holding OPs is over the max OP allowed, u can't build anymore.

So if ur max OP is 15, and u're having 30 OPs, u can't build any more OP even if u haven't built any OP from the beginning of the round.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:09 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I see. Thanks.

[19:00:21] Alexander: thats my opinion, maybe its (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:10 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

:o

wht if i have a good power like 150 and i hold like 50 ops but suddenly i lost a battle and boom i lost all my power but still i hold 50 ops............so does tht mean i wont be able to make more ops to help my team mates :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

correct Sarthak...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next