It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update 8th april
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:07 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I think this is a pretty good idea...Even if it hurts gameplay, op farming hurts it even more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:09 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

This seems like a rather downgrading change. I seen players build up large pop and spam few armor squads that were just accts used for spamming OPs after someone took severe losses and needed the OPs to raze for resources. The change would work in cases of the quickly made OP farm accts but what of the sleeper farms? I seen this several times where player A lost 30 squads and over the next 20-30 ticks over 40-60 OPs will be made, taken and razed by Player A made by Farm A, B and C and it will be repeated over the course of the game till their lose is inevitable such as 400 hostile squads in their area making it impossible to take and hold the OPs for razing.

Also, like some players mention of holding large amount of power and losing it in a battle. I went from over 200 power to below 40 power in a single fight a lot. Now you say you should focus on getting an army back should be the first thing you do but when war is on you dont have that luxury. When people need every single last bit of oil to move their army, they wont always have the chance to make the important OP for moving or perhaps their massive army leaves them worker less or so low on workers they need what they have to help them keep up with oil to move or metal changed to energy to gate(I know I done this a whole lot)

My points may be outdated seeing how I stop playing for so long and not know how things are done now days but still the change seems more harmful for the real players.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:08 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

just give it sometimes will ya ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:17 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

well this update got some bad stuff but i think it be working good.......but sad part is i dont think this will really help against ops farming....may be just a little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:31 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

If it doesn't help curb OP farming then the update is a failure. That was the whole point of this update. If it reduces it then at least it is a step in the right direction.

[19:00:21] Alexander: thats my opinion, maybe its (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This is actually a good update. You all just look at it the wrong way...
Reading the replies i have noticed most of you always just mention "I" in your sentences. Meaning its a very subjective point of view. Look at it from a 3rd persons view. It restricts everyone, not just yourself. It promotes teamplay. Promotes interalliance communication. Forming a tem before a round will actually be more demanding. And a lot of mroe things this update brings by just looking at it even deeper. I mentioned only the things i noticed on 1st sight. This really balances the alliance members op count.

And actually, it does reduce op farming, by demotivating the farms becaus now they have a lot more work to do if they wanna procude ops for their farmer.

lol i love this update, now the stingy players have to place ops theirselves even from startup and not just abuse their teammates infrastructure. Bye bye workers haha :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:59 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

A short review from my point of view as I just started a new era E3.
I had for now 0 message that someone got this error like ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_POWER_ ... and was wondering about it.
I had 6 reports about the same issue. It was an op farming of 6 (!!!) Op's. (not 20 or 30 like it was before)

For me, and at this point, it really helps against farming.

Please keep on sharing your thoughts about it ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Personally I don't think this will fix your issue. If people want to farm bad enough they will. Whether it be with multis now just to get more Ops.

HaHa/HeHe
RuN

Respect Few Fear None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:27 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Can't we determine max ops by max power for that era, so as to circumvent the army loss loophole?

Liam wrote:
Rise my minions, VOTE FERR3T #1 FOR HEAD MOD!!

Simmen wrote:
How are you not a admin Hal?..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 am 
Captain
Captain

SARTHAKROCKS02 wrote:
:o

wht if i have a good power like 150 and i hold like 50 ops but suddenly i lost a battle and boom i lost all my power but still i hold 50 ops............so does tht mean i wont be able to make more ops to help my team mates :?

Isnt that just what Matt said? :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next