It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Changes - What do YOU think?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:13 am 
Captain
Captain

AFKeeker wrote:
*Big useful wall of text*

I like the idea AFKeeker and you are right it does help both new and veteran players as increased production on weaker colonies = more production for their conqueror. We could add a "Production modifier" that could encompass this idea and link it to the amount of conquers you have instead. Production Modifier starts at +40% for metal/oil production and every conquer causes it to go down by 2% so that once you hit 20 conquers it's gone. The supporter production boosts wouldn't stack with this production modifier.

I think this is a lot simpler and easier to understand, having it based on your place on the totem pole can be confusing as to what "percentage" of the scoreboard you are in.

There's some good ideas coming out in this thread guys I like it, let's get a polished idea in the works here and I'll take it to the rest of the staff.

-Andrew

PS: I updated the original post so that no one keeps complaining about the tax cap :roll:

EDIT: Ok so we decided on 2 tweaks, we're going to remove the worker cap in the update and change army upkeep from -1 worker per 75 soldiers to -1 worker per 50 soldiers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:01 pm 
Captain
Captain

I'm all for anything that gives us more workers :)

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:14 pm 
Captain
Captain
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

im glad thers no cap limit

Scrappy of This place

Last edited by scrappy on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:21 pm 
Private
Private

I still think a taxation cap of any sort would ruin this game. Noobs are Noobs until they start to learn, they are not mentally challenged people(i am, and thats not a joke) so why shouldnt they be able to learn as well as I have by experience not by being coddled with caps so they wont be conquered...
Quote:
~An always learning mind is a great mind~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:32 pm 
Captain
Captain
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Quote:
I still think a taxation cap of any sort would ruin this game. Noobs are Noobs until they start to learn, they are not mentally challenged people(i am, and thats not a joke) so why shouldnt they be able to learn as well as I have by experience not by being coddled with caps so they wont be conquered...
i agree with him even if we have a cap limit they still are going to to get conqured learn from ex. thats what i think

Scrappy of This place

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:40 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Andrew wrote:
AFKeeker wrote:
*Big useful wall of text*

I think this is a lot simpler and easier to understand, having it based on your place on the totem pole can be confusing as to what "percentage" of the scoreboard you are in.

The only reason I did this is because the game rarely if ever has the "max" number of players in it. Doing it by %'s allows you to slide the bar along the entire spectrum of occupation, be it the first 50 ticks or the last 100, regardless of how many people are actually in the game. And beyond that, that lower bracket still has a TON of people on this "new" forced vacation thing (I say new because this is my first round back on the new client). A thought just occurred to me that we should not factor those people in to the "place on the totem pole" calculation AT ALL. If we do, they will take up a large portion of the production boost for the lower ranking percentage brackets. This would take a little mathematizing, something like this:

Total players in game - total players on forced vacation = total viable players
Your rank / total viable players = Your position on the totem pole.

This way, we get as many people benefiting from the production boost that we're giving the little guys.

Also, I love that idea for a % scale based on number of conquers. This would allow big players a chance to get back into the fight faster, meaning that even if you conquered the rank 5 alliance, you can't just discredit them now, as they will be back in the fight FAST. Again, the issue is how do we prop up the little guys without simply killing off the bigger guys, and this is spot on with that goal. No adverse changes for those with >20 conquers, and good changes for those with <20.

If you want me to draft up a new version of my wall with those changes and explanations, I can do that for you, just let me know!

CRH, LoM, WaVe, XI - A series of badassery that few can rival.

"Fire without maneuver is waste.
Maneuver without fire is suicide."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:51 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

No offense to the BD community but these changes make me feel like I'm in Russia in a slave camp when the government were Communists!
PS:No offense though but come on make the game fun don't ruin it!

Earth 4:WC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:15 am 
Captain
Captain

Please actually read the thread and post specifically what you don't like, we're looking for actual useful opinions and critique and chances are if you are talking about the cap I stated far back AND on the original post that the tax cap WILL NOT be introduced as well as the worker growth cap will be removed.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:33 am 
Major
Major

I know you said no changes after taxation. But I am srsly against that. Then conquers are only for score that way. No tax at all? Then if I have 1 crystal and 40 conquers, I won't get much metal, AT ALL. Which, for me, is no fun.

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:47 pm 
Private
Private

I like it :) I honestly think the cyrstals and relics and taxation and everything would be pretty much just perfect that way:).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next