It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: The Ghost Town
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:19 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Lol, I'm gonna try my hand at a forum game, and it's based on the forum itself (subtle jabs included). Sorry if it's too long or I make this a bit complicated.

Welcome to Forville. It used to be a lively but peaceful town, where good-natured folk expected to live contented, wholesome lives. All that changed one day, when the allure of the bright city lights and the promises of tomorrow led most of the population away. Some stayed however, as they were unmoved by what they perceived as empty glamour. Poor fools. They could only watch in horror as their beloved town turned into a nightmarish place, overrun by entities of the Underworld itself. Spectres, the emaciated souls of the departed, came in droves; searching for peace. Then came the brutish trolls, who descended from their homes high up on the mountain ranges for reasons unknown. People would disappear every other day. Loyal pets would suddenly go missing, only to return from the woods as vicious Stalkers. As the town spiraled into anarchy, the government fled, and the law was thrown out as their enforcers retreated into their station. So far, luck has been on your side; though you can't say the same for your friends. You now hear talks of new settlers accompanied by a military element, coming over to reclaim the lost town. You must survive until they come, if they're coming at all.

Rules to live By

~No Sign-ups necessary, just drop by for a visit.

~Every player must start from their homes, and must be empty-handed until they can get to the nearest building or site that could offer them tools.

~Houses can be placed on the Housing portions of the map, and must be at least 3 minutes away from any building or site.

~No massive firepower (bazookas, flamethrowers). This is a small town, so guns of that magnitude simply don't exist down here. Of course, you can make those weapons and others out of tools you've found.

~Going to the woods is suicide, and so is trying to go out of town for now. Wait for the settlers to come.

~Vehicles can be driven, but don't offer that much mobility. Broken and jammed streets will deter you from making huge progresses with a vehicle. Likewise, it is advised to not spend too much time outdoors.

~Don't stay too long in a safe zone, you might run of supplies, or get driven out as a consequence.

~Once the electricity goes out, run.

~Firearms are now available to select characters at this time.

Bestiary

Ghosts- The spirits of the dead. They're passive, but dangerous. Touching one or getting phased through by one would render a victim unconscious for a time, depending on the type and severity of contact. Nearly invisible under lights, save for a faint shimmer. No way to kill them, but they will flock to naked electrical fields (exposed wires and the like) and are repelled by religious relics. They are the most plentiful, and they can go through walls, but will most likely not want to and prefer entering through holes and doorways.

Trolls- 10-feet tall, lumbering behemoths. They have poor eyesight, and will rely on scent and hearing to catch their quarry. Highly aggressive, and may fight another troll if they meet. Watch out when they roar; they release a highly flammable gas that can ruin your day. They are photosensitive; their skin will burn when exposed to light, but will it take them at least 10 minutes of full-body exposure to succumb and die. Partial exposure will harm it, and will either make it flee or aggravate it even more. Sunlight works best, cutting the required exposure time to 3 minutes.

Stalkers- Hellhounds or Hellcats. Produced by ghosts phasing through ordinary pets, or through bites and scratches received from another Hellhound/Hellcat. They are excellent solitary hunters, and will maul and kill if a target is sighted. They are highly aggressive, and may also fight amongst themselves. They are deathly afraid of fire, and of religious relics, and are drawn to the smell of meat and/or blood.

Ferals- Survivors who have become detached from society. They are ruthless and cunning, and will not hesitate to kill and/or mug you when they get the chance. Do not trust them, and it's advised that you kill or incapacitate them before they do the same to you. They carry knives or small tools as weapons, as well as supplies that you may need.

Pets- Loyal animals if you choose to have one. Don't let them stray too far, or they may be lost to a creature or become Hellhounds/Hellcats. Any other animal that you encounter that isn't your pet is hostile.

Tour of the Town

House- Safe zone if properly barricaded. You will not find any supplies or weapons in your own home, having exhausted them all. Feel free to come back to your house if needed, or break into another.

City Hall (Sugtns/Disc&Deb)- Controls the electrical grid and water lines, as well as having access to communications (HAM radio). Underground area is blocked off by a ceiling collapse. Is set in the middle of town, surrounded by Jennings Park; watch out for trolls and some ghosts. (2 floors)

Mall (Misc)- Contains a massive selection of supplies and tools. Highly advised to stay away from it, as you're not the only one who's drawn to the supplies. Coming there is a bit short of suicidal. Stalkers and ghosts are plentiful inside, and ferals are found patrolling the outside.(5 floors)

Carnival (Spam)- Lights, moving machinery, and a bit of food and supplies. Stalkers and ghosts inhabit this area.

Library(N&V Qstns)- books and paper for fires, and information. Ghosts inhabit this area.

Construction site(Chnglgs)- Heavy equipment and tools. Vehicles unable to move but are still operational. Stalkers inhabit this area. (3 floors for the unfinished building)

Museum(PlyrArt)- Paint, thinner, firewood and small tools. Ghosts inhabit this area. (2 floors)

Bar(Wr&Dplo/PlyrGuides)- Safe Zone. May trade hearsay from NPC's and other players who come in. (Ask me for hearsay) Bit of food and supplies. There's a shotgun, but is unusable by anyone but the bartender, so play nice and don't ask about his glass eye. Ferals may be encountered outside, as well as trolls.

Movie House(Mvies/Mda)- Connected to the mall through the third floor; way is barricaded, but is damaged. Bit of food, and the projectors are in working order. Stalkers inhabit this area.

Police Station(RprtBgs)- Officers barricaded themselves inside. May not let anyone in, and may shoot when they see you approaching. Don't risk it for now. Holds all the conventional weaponry.

Gym/ Batting Cages(Spts/Rcrtn)- Full of equipment and weights. Stalkers and trolls outside, a few ghosts inside. (2 floors/ batting cages are on the first)

Church(HllFme)- Safe zone. Holds all the religious relics that may be found, and some firewood, but otherwise is empty. Ferals abound.

Hospital(HlpDsk)- Medicine, small tools and some supplies. Full of ghosts. (2 floors)

~Any other info about the town you may need is on your map~

Other

The News- Outside source of information. May only be encountered 5 times a day through a radio, a newspaper or the television at the Bar. Includes periodical add-ons from me, and may answer questions you might ask.

~I'll be playing as well. :)

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

Last edited by MmCm6 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Ghost Town
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:11 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Humiliating double-bump...

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

sorry but it is just to much info for me :( i would post if it was shorter but to many rules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:16 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Start: the southern housing subdivision.

Loyal pet: a Peregrine falcon

I wait for nightfall, and make a run for the church. I see a feral, armed with a balisong knife, with his back to me as I get close to the parking structure. I sneak up on him and snap his neck with my bare hands. I take the knife, as well as a day's worth of food, a lighter, and a flask filled with vodka. I hide in a nearby bush. Another feral sees the dead body and rushes over to investigate. I lunge from the bushes and slit his throat from behind. The second feral has a small spade, which I take. I quickly run to the church barricade. A minister sees me and lets me in for the night. I grab a silver cross necklace and an incense candle holder, which I keep as a staff. I go to sleep for the rest of the night.

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

retired mentor and a proud member of SoLD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:19 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

amazing Maolain i couldn't understand half of it to much to read but hay i will try it

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I'm an Eagle Scout. if there's one thing I can do, it's survive.

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:23 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

:D it wasn't about the surviving it was about being able to read all that i could not understand half of that theirs so much info which is awesome by the way just i cant go through all of it there is so much

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:24 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

well when you're in college and you have 8 hours or more of chemistry to do at once you'll need distractions to keep from killing yourself. ugh I have a 4 hour assignment due in a little over an hour and then a lab report. then I have to do a rough draft for english and 5 calculus assignments, plus reading 9 chapters for english

and that's with me only taking 3 classes

and it's 11:30 at night

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:26 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

i still have one credit to graduate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

not fun, is it?

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next