It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: The Ghost Town
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:07 pm 
Private
Private

That day, my comrades and I had been working hard. Lance had beaten the odds, and was feeling well. He even helped us with our armored fighting vehicle project. We had just prepared the monster for action, and it looked like an APC from hell. Its hull was strong enough to withstand bullets, or a few trolls, although it did have its limits, it had a powerful engine, a plow, and even a .50 cal machine gun. We had fueled it, and gotten it running when we heard a ruckus, and realized Maolain was in danger- quite the opposite of stranger danger, as the guy who I always had thought of as a stranger (Not in a bad way- I just didn't know his name) was in danger. My comrades revved the truck's engine, and set off. We stopped, and found the man on the ground, and his pal Avenger, when we heard it. Fiends. Their roars echoed among the buildings. There were tons of them. From all sides. It was then that Lance opened up with the machine gun. I charged at the ones closest to the man. James grabbed Avenger, and rolled out of the way. J.J. opened fire on the ones on the other side of the truck. Hero leaped, and twisted in the air, kicking one, while slicing apart two other ones. I got into a fight with the biggest one there, stabbing him in the chest, and shooting him right between the eyes. Maolain got up, and James tossed him an AK-47. The fight was on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:44 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

It was Hell. There was chaos everywhere. Matt was still unconscious. Old Man McCoy was resting in the NPC. We were running low on weapons. We used the APC to patrol around the woods and town, hanging up crosses to disperse the ghosts and stalkers.

The fighting continued. It seemed that most of the townspeople had not made it to the city, contrary to what Matt had believed. Most of them had become ferals in the woods afterall.

There were hundreds, maybe thousands of them left, as well as hundreds of trolls. At least the stalkers and ghosts were all gone. The few stalkers that straggled behind were killed and burned.

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

retired mentor and a proud member of SoLD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:46 pm 
Private
Private

Uber necro...
2:45 AM
I was working on an additional project to the APC when I heard it... Hundreds of angry shouts... There were dozens and dozens of ferals attacking our position.... We were in for a long night...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:49 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Way too much to read and reply to. Very creative though!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

This looks fun. I'm joining the fray.
So it begins...

X32's memo #6734
03/06/2015
(Sounds of footsteps. Camera comes online and scans over the surroundings.)
(Voice)This is the first report that I am sending in. I have landed in The Ghost Town. (camera focuses on several burnt-down buildings, then turns to look at a large dark stain in the middle of the road.)This place looks and feels like a war zone.
(Sniffles)There's a foul, rancid smell in the air. So far I have not encountered anything as described in the briefing.
(Camera moves forward. Suddenly there was a low, menacing growl and a deformed black creature jumps in to the view of the camera.)
(Gasps)Did you see that? That seems to a specimen of "Stalkers" as described in the previous reports. (The camera backs away. The Stalker follows.) It seems dangerous...(the barrel of a assault rifle came in to the view.)I am going to collect samples from it later...(The creature pounces.) Whoa! (A burst from the gun sent it sprawling on the pavement, dark, oily blood oozing from its side.)
(Pants) That was a close call... (unlatching of a bag can be heard and the camera bent over the creature.) (cough) Ugh, this smells terrible (cough) (A knife cut a piece of flesh from the stalker and the sample was sealed into a bag.) That's better.
It's getting dark. I'd better get in to a place to spend the night. It isn't safe out in the open. (camera revs to a burnt-down bar) That looks good.
X32, signing out for the day.
(System offline)

LICENSE Code: #URMAD578
EFFECTIVE DATE: Forever
VERIFICATION CODE: UPROBLEMLOL

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

/OUTGOING TRANSMISSION/

This transmission is for all stragglers still out there. The war against the hellish monstrosities has waged on for nearly two years. Reinforcements could not reach us. We had taken to hiding underground. They were able to once in a while drop supplies via helicopter, but the supplies were often grabbed by our enemies first. We had taken refuge in the catacombs underneath the church. I know there are still some of you out there, and we are waiting for you...

-James
/END TRANSMISSION/

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:17 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

X32's memo #6734
03/06/2015
(Camera comes online and stared into a dim burnt-out bar. A BEEP sounds.)
(Voice)I think I have a transmission...
(Fuzzy voice comes from the comm.)
Maolain wrote:
/OUTGOING TRANSMISSION/

This transmission is for all stragglers still out there. The war against the hellish monstrosities has waged on for nearly two years. Reinforcements could not reach us. We had taken to hiding underground. They were able to once in a while drop supplies via helicopter, but the supplies were often grabbed by our enemies first. We had taken refuge in the catacombs underneath the church. I know there are still some of you out there, and we are waiting for you...

-James
/END TRANSMISSION/

[i]Looks like somebody's still out there.
(pause)Mission control, requesting reinforcements.
(Central)Pending...

(Central)Affirmative. Please specify.
(Voice)I need the rest of the C squad here, some rations, medical equipments along with some incendiary weaponry. Take the Juggersuit along- this place is extremely hazardous. We also need an evacuation vehicle.
(Central)Pending....

(Central)Your request has been granted. Reinforcements shall arrive within the next three days. Please specify the drop location.
(Voice)Drop it off at the church. There are still some survivors.
(Central)Affirmative. You shall receive a notification when the supplies are dropped.(comm goes offline)
(A massive shadow lurches in to the view. Then it stepped into the light with a grunt of displeasure, squinting it's eyes.)
(Gasps)OH XXXX THAT IS A XXXXXXX TROLL (The camera backs away and a rifle was drawn. The troll roared and lumbered behind.) OH XXXX IT'S COMING AFTER ME(the rifle fires, bursts of bullets battering the troll's scaly hides, only to bounce off harmlessly.)DIE DIE DIE ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH(The troll swiped with its massive arm and the view of the camera turned to the sky, then landed with a sickening crunch. The video goes offline, but audio could still be received ) Urggghhh.... Was that my ribs? Or was that my legs? (The ground shook with the troll's footsteps. Something was drawn from a pocket.)
(Pants) TAKE THAT! (The pulling of a pin was heard, and after a few seconds a loud BOOM sounded. The troll hollered in pain.) (cough) Oh yeah... (cough)
Hell, I am dying... Anyone out there?
(System offline)

LICENSE Code: #URMAD578
EFFECTIVE DATE: Forever
VERIFICATION CODE: UPROBLEMLOL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Oooh, I can't believe this is still going on. I thought it'd be dead in the water a week after I posted it because of all the long posts. :P

I'd jump in again when I can. *Place holder*

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:29 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Nightfall.

An eerie silence settled in. This is not good. I could sense a disturbance in the town. Suddenly, the dead in the catacombs of the church crawled from their caskets. Zombies. Above us, I could hear hundreds of moans as many of the dead ferals raised up from the dead and began wandering the town. I realized that we were likely doomed. There are too many zombies down here for me to fight off on my own. We have to get out of this forsaken town.

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8