It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dead Zone-Spam Role Play
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:18 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

So...My first try at a forum game. I can only log in a few times a month, so I will probably not be around to manage this, but I will try the best I could. :)
Note that this is still in the building process. You can sign up if you like but it won't start soon. I shall notify you when it is completed.

Background
Three months ago, a mysterious illness appeared in Union City. People who had gotten it showed symptoms not unlike the common flu in the first few days. A high fever would follow, then when they go to bed days later, they would get up the next morning, and their family would find them behaving very differently. So differently, that the family would scream and ran for their lives.

For a zombie is born.

The disease completely took over the city in a month. Not even soldiers with machine guns and tanks could stop the endless waves of zombies.

Now, whether you are one of the survivors or the infected, you only have one goal.

Survive.

Roles
The Survivors:
Scavenger: A regular civilian type of guy. Knows the city's every street and alley and where to find the supplies needed to stay alive. Also has the biggest inventory of all Survivors. Hungry? Get to the shop around the corner and smash the glass with a shovel, then fill your bag with canned tuna and bottled water. Got a nasty cut? Go along Green Street and sneak quietly in to that pharmacy and grab some bandages. Also, careful not to step on the broken tile, it creaks! Also, as a Jack-of-All-Trades type of person, the Scavenger knows how to avoid zombies, cook meals, open locks, craft makeshift items such as bags or tents or a pike or whatever, though not all at the same time. The only things the Scavenger couldn't make are guns, which requires materials too rare and too dangerous to get for the Scavenger's tastes, and he lacked the knowledge and skill to fashion one on his own. But he is pretty handy with a short knife or a pipe, and shovel is by far his favorite weapon.

Scavenger Starter equipment:
Bag X 1 (30 slots)
(note: All items but weapons occupy 1 slot.)
Matchbox X 1(allows you to make a fire.)
Flashlight X 1(There shall be light!)
City Map X 1
(instant access to key locations without searching. Only effective to locations within the city.)
Food X 5 ,Water X 5
(Without food, one could last for 10 posts. Without water, one could only last for 5 posts. So make sure that you are stocked!) (each post consumes 1/4 food and 1/3 water. When there's less than the amount for your post, you can still post it as long as you still had food OR water.)
Medication X 5
(Your injuries require medication to treat. Small scratches and bruises doesn't really count- anyone could shrug them off. But for illness like high fever and stomachaches or injuries like gunshot wounds and deep gashes (Lv1 injuries) you need one point of medication to treat them, and two for severed body parts (except heads, of course) and bone fractures (Lv2 injuries). There will be other kind of injuries, and the more severe it is, the more medication it requires to treat. An Lv1 injury, left untended, could kill within 12 posts; An Lv2 injury untended could result in death within 6 posts, and so on. NO AMOUT OF MEDICATION CAN SAVE YOU FROM ZOMBIE INFECTION. Or at least for now...)
Shovel X 1 (two slots)
(How many slots a weapon occupies depends on it's size and weight. Now, I cannot list every weapon in the universe, so here are a few rough rules:
Pistols/short knives/handheld explosives = 1 slot
SMGs/blunt weapons/flashy katanas&medieval weapons = 2 slots
Assault rifles/Rifles/Sniper Rifles/Shotguns/Chainsaws =3 slots
RPGs/grenade launchers/Flame throwers =5 slots (if you can get your hands on them)
Chain gun = 15 slots (for the more ambitious players)
I also allow REASONABLE, creative use of weapons, e.x. Slamming the door open with a gun butt/ a shovel, but don't go too far.)

Medic: COMING SOON

Recon: COMING SOON

Fighter: COMING SOON

...And there's more.

The Infected
COMING SOON

NPCs:
1. The Barman
The Barman (A.K.A "Old Joe") holds a fortified bar in the western parts of the city. A middle aged man, Joe has seen lots and experienced lots, but he had never seen anything like this. But he is always ready to give those in need a helping hand, providing food and shelter for three posts.

2. The Sniper
COMING SOON

3.The Juggernaut
COMING SOON

4.???
COMING SOON

LICENSE Code: #URMAD578
EFFECTIVE DATE: Forever
VERIFICATION CODE: UPROBLEMLOL

Last edited by SCshade on Tue May 28, 2013 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Dead Zone-Spam Role Play
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:24 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Cool, do you by any chance happen to play The Last Stand Deadzone?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:22 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Mmmm....Not sure... If you are talking about the MMO called something like Last Stand-Union City Dead Zone, then my answer is yes. Otherwise, no.
However, if you are playing the MMO on Armorgames, my account name is SCshade.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:51 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

SCshade wrote:
Mmmm....Not sure... If you are talking about the MMO called something like Last Stand-Union City Dead Zone, then my answer is yes. Otherwise, no.
However, if you are playing the MMO on Armorgames, my account name is SCshade.

Thats exactly what I meant the MMO, I figured you though of the name of the topic based on the game

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:21 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Ahh... Yes, you are right. I indded had taken the name from the MMO. That MMO was one of the best I've ever played. Not only it has better graphics but it's also more realistic in gameplay. :)

Added the Starter Equips for the Scavenger, along with a few helpful explanations.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]