It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic at all times in this board.

Please be respectful to other members and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Upcoming patch notes....
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:37 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

1) Drainers wont deal any damage, even if resistance is already negative.

2) Winning streaks in ladder matches will grant two stars instead of one.

3) Drones will be automatically shut down after three actions.

4) Electric weapons energy damage will deal HP damage when opponent's energy is depleted. For example, if player 1 fires a weapon that decreases 10 points of energy, and player 2 has 3 energy left, he will lose 3 energy and suffer 7 points of damage. Thise should make energy weapons stronger and encourage advanced players to use them again.

Let me know what you think...

Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes....
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:40 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Hi Liran,

This step is certainly in the right direction. Discourage players from using the only tactic now possible (drainer + stomp + drone) and encourage them to use other weapons.

I would suggest also to get off the weight of the kit to zero. The weight system might work if it is well balanced.

But what I do not understand is why you have decided to eliminate all other categories of play (lev 15 - 18 - 22 - 26). Many people loved to play those categories and have spent a lot of time and money to get the best stuff for playing at that levels and now almost all that stuff, once essential to win, are now practically useless (as well as 90% of all the stuff virtually present in the game).

Only a small amount of people loved to play liv. 30 and they were free to do so, as well as those who wanted to play 18 or 22 were free to do so and also the freedom and variety of play was huge compared to now. Why prevent it? what is the purpose?

Why not implement "categories of weight" to replace level based categories? this system could satisfy all those who have loved and who would still love this wonderful game.

Dottore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:59 am 
Corporal
Corporal

but above all, why not do all these tests on the beta testers site? and include modifications into the game only when you are sure that everything is well balanced and works perfectly?

I propose, in the meantime, go back to the "good old formula" of the game.. that, even with its limitations, it worked and it was fun.

I get the impression that you are proceeding by trial and error, without any consciousness of what will be the consequences of these changes. This should be done by beta-testers, not by normal players (that are going crazy with all this mess)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:09 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Several things....

1) If we had enough testers in the development area then we would be able to do more over there. But we asked players to come and not enough did to allow proper testing of the new changes.

2) About drone action points - the reason is quite simple. Its quite insane to spend one action point only and gain 6, 7, 8, 9 or even more attacks for free, depending on the length of the battle. The drone might just be the most overpowered item in the game right now (putting aside the drainers).

3) About different builds of lower levels, we'll see what can be done.

4) About energy damage as overpowered, well... The opponent must have zero energy to be in this bad spot to start with, so yea he should be careful. Also, if they will come too overpowered then I can reduce the amount of energy damage done untill players will use energy weapons just as much as they use heat weapons. That is not a problem.

5) Reducing kits weight to 0 now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:12 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Lirian, I have tried to test wheight system in development area, but there are some problems that prevent testers to understand how the game will work:

It starts from the beginning and it takes too long to get to level 30, get all stuff that normally all the people already have in the "normal" account and figure out how to work in game. There should be free tokiens and SM on development area and the ability to pass freely from one level to another to quickly test all configurations.

I give you an example: my account on development area (FabioArc) are still at low levels and I could never see many of the problems encountered in the real game because there are no drainer in low levels and no stampede and the weight is not a problem for a good setup because the low-level stuff weighs a little and the maximum possible weight is still 1000 kg.

Also I played mostly in campaign mode, because there was no one online. (this is not your fault) and this has prevented me (and other tester, I suppose) testing new ladder point system that is the biggest problem on this release because, among other things, at higher levels you always meet the same 3 or 4 players and you have to wait 3-4 minutes on "expanding search" before meeting one of the - always the same - 4 people of your level.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:27 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I'll see what I can do about the development area. On any case, if you want to keep on testing let me know and i will level you up and give you credits, same for other players.

About searching takes a long time - we'll wait and see if the winning streak progress helps. If not, maybe we'll need to reduce the amount of ranks from 20 to 15.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:14 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Because it adds no strategy as it is. What is the point about the drone if you just activate it and it fires for the rest of the battle? It means that the game will be exactly the same if we removed drones all together.

There must be something that makes you think if and when you want to activate the drone.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:30 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hello liran,

and what about idea to use different weps only?
THere will be more combinations and players will use more another normaly unused weps....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next