It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Thinking about playing BD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:10 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hey Guys! I'm a high ranked SM Player, I have never played Battle Dawn before, Could anyone tell me what its all about?
And i have bought a few token packages in SM, And i saw a post saying that if i buy SM Tokens, I will get some in BD? Will that still be the case for i haven't signed up yet or whatever?

Post subject: Re: Thinking about playing BD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:58 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

The accounts are synced. You can sign into BD using the same account you use for SM.

And, best tip if you want to start BD, get a Skype, and either apply for Adopt-A-Noob Center (if thats still even running) or try to make friends with people in good alliances, try to teach you the game. If you want, I can try and set you up with someone! I've quit myself, so I'd rather not teach right now ahaha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:02 am 
Major
Major

they're completely different games. battledawn is a 2D flash game that feels like something pulled out of the year 2005. you build units, put them into squads and move them around on outposts and colonies with the aim being to capture 10 relics along with your teammates to end the era.

it requires a lot of your time to be dedicated to the game which is at first hard to pick up (though it has become progressively easy with additions such as the AANC) and the community is pretty much just as bad as that of supermechs, sore losers and ego thirsty winners. (don't ask Yessum about the community unless you're prepared for a 1000 word essay on why sayan is bad)

despite all this I got a few kicks out of it. but for your own self respect, don't join a RoFL/TLA/lool/TK sub.

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:04 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

AANC doesn't even run anymore, does it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:05 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

socialmisfit1 wrote:
they're completely different games. battledawn is a 2D flash game that feels like something pulled out of the year 2005. you build units, put them into squads and move them around on outposts and colonies with the aim being to capture 10 relics along with your teammates to end the era.

it requires a lot of your time to be dedicated to the game which is at first hard to pick up (though it has become progressively easy with additions such as the AANC) and the community is pretty much just as bad as that of supermechs, sore losers and ego thirsty winners. (don't ask Yessum about the community unless you're prepared for a 1000 word essay on why sayan is bad)

despite all this I got a few kicks out of it. but for your own self respect, don't join a RoFL/TLA/lool/TK sub.

Oh okay, Haha so kinda like Total Annihilation and Age Of Empires in a Fashion? Or Clash Of clans? If so, Its not really the game for me :p

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:06 am 
Major
Major

TorturedZealot wrote:
AANC doesn't even run anymore, does it?

I mean if they're short on mentors I'd be willing to help the guy out

ImaBoss696974 wrote:
Oh okay, Haha so kinda like Total Annihilation and Age Of Empires in a Fashion? Or Clash Of clans? If so, Its not really the game for me :p

the only one of those three games I've played is age of empires and its not really similar to that

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:10 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

go look up some videos on youtube or something?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:13 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

TorturedZealot wrote:
go look up some videos on youtube or something?

Yeah okay, Il do that now :p

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:16 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Just skimmed through a half hour video, I dont really like it :/
So what do i do with all these other tokens i would have?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:06 am 
Captain
Captain

ImaBoss696974 wrote:
Just skimmed through a half hour video, I dont really like it :/
So what do i do with all these other tokens i would have?

the youtube video tbh doesnt give u any idea how the game works , it only shows graphics , but the fun part of the game is not in graphics but the strategy & clever tactics you use in wars along with diplomacy.

You can play sm in ur free time but thats not the case with bd , bd makes you play all time. Its kinda is easy for a bd player to move to sm but its a lot difficult for vice versa.

Malice will be rolling out tribune next month where both SM & BD is combined , that will help you understand maybe.

About joining subs , i think subs are best for beginners (sry baz , our thinking is very different). It really helps in learning the game with you having the ability to expand & discover the map.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next