It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Latest patch 3.4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:11 pm 
Private
Private

Hey off topic from the big discussion but i find the ranking system terrible in this game... i almost always play players with a much higher ranks level then me (Im 33 right now i just played multiple games vs a level 110 player!) Not only that a message comes at in beginning of round saying matchmaking is even... AND I GET ONE LESS (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) TURN ON THE START SO I START FIRST, FIRST TURN AND GET 1 ACTUAL MOVE!?! this is versus an opponent with 100 more hp and better weapons that me. doesn't seem even close to balanced. Also another addition before the patch i could actually spend my TOKENS on items and in game money i have some left over TOKENS now and i cant spend them on anything... the button bringing you to the screen to purchase TOKEN items is gone... as i get higher level in the game its not difficult just annoying because i get ripped off... very little skill involved in that. ANSWERS PLEASE?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:14 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

You might be facing high level opponents but their mechs are equally leveled to yours. That means you could be building the exact same mech as they are, so you are at no disadvantage, they're just building better than you.

The reason you only get 1 turn to begin with is because your mech is the same level as the opposing mech :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:26 pm 
Private
Private

Pretty retarted considering if your at that much higher of a base level... you have earned alought more money to equip the perfect weapons to pwn people at that level... gotta say its a big flaw when your on the come up and you basically cant win

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Not really. I fought at level 33 when I hit lvl 35 and I had to carry on fighting at lvl 33 to buy 1 mech at lvl 53 and even then I couldn't afford the lvl 53 mech till lvl 54. Then when you get here, there aren't many players to find so it takes a long time to find a match xD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:38 pm 
Private
Private

Lol a good reason why matchmaking should be based on item levels... i have one level 33 item equiped on my guy LEGS its because of that i fight dudes stacked with level 33 everything i cant afford to by whole sets of high level items at a time and i have to sell old items to continue to afford new ones HUGE mistake games fun at first annoying as it continues plus i still dont know how to spend my TOKENS now

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:32 pm 
Major
Major

roteight wrote:
Lol a good reason why matchmaking should be based on item levels... i have one level 33 item equiped on my guy LEGS its because of that i fight dudes stacked with level 33 everything i cant afford to by whole sets of high level items at a time and i have to sell old items to continue to afford new ones HUGE mistake games fun at first annoying as it continues plus i still dont know how to spend my TOKENS now

That just means you have to plan a bit. Maybe keep fighting at your current level and slowly buy piece by piece of higher gear such as lvl 33. Or you could grind out single player which I personally do not enjoy so I would advise my first suggestion. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:16 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
captain1821 wrote:
1. Cheaters can manipulate our rankings in a very drastic way.

Korupt wrote:
Cheaters beat us by cheating to beat us not because we quit when we see them. I know the weapon glitch causes you to seem like you quit but I have not really had it happen to me that often where I could say that it is having a huge impact on rankings. It does suck I agree and I hope they fix it soon but it is not a drastic impact [...], some of the best builds around are still very high in rankings. I could only see this point being valid if all the top 100 players were exploiters.

captain1821 wrote:
"but it is not a drastic impact [...]"
[...] I also don't care if the impact is huge or small. I care that there is an impact. If you need 100 exploiters at the top to see this as a valid point, then there is something very wrong here. I don't want to see a single exploiter at the top and I don't even talk about this and this is not the case here. The problem is that exploiters makes us seem like quitting and because "Quitting online matches reduces rank dramatically" they manipulate our rankings.
NOTE: I don't talk about exploiters manipulate THEIR rankings. I talk about exploiters manipulate OUR rankings. I hope you understand the difference.
Also it is irrelevant that it doesn't happen to you. It happens and it happens a lot. See the images I already posted. It happened to me at least 4 times yesterday. Except that, it doesn't need to happen a lot in order to be fixed. Something is broken or not fair? It needs fixing.

WELL DONE!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:59 am 
Corporal
Corporal

SideOneDummy wrote:
I actually think there is something wrong with the display of Ravens's account. [...] it could be an error in the coding.

Display error or not there is a huge bug with that kind of mech and that bug causes a thousand problems already explained in every possible way. Even if it is a display error, it remains a huge problem because right now the no1 player is marked as a potential cheater and this has nothing to do with me as rankings are public and everyone can see this.

Anyway, let's wait for another 100 "display errors" at the top and then maybe the administration might see this as a problem.

Korupt wrote:
I could only see this point being valid if all the top 100 players were exploiters.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next