It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Assistance, maybe?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:02 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Can someone explain to me how I can get banned for quote on quote: "joining a server as hired gun".

When I got no incentives from anyone when I planted, I even had to ask the players who conquered me to liberate me.

Plus the fact I was chasing after my own vendettas, and no-one told me to plant on this world, at a set location, I made up my own mind, to planted where I wanted, so I don't get why this ban has even occurred.

Now, back to me apparently being a "hired gun", doesn't a hired gun get payment of some kind to do something? Where they also get a somewhat small fee up front and then a bigger sum after their "job" is done.

I had nothing like this, which is why I say I am not this "hired gun" that I apparently have been reported for. A quick run-down of my era, I played 400 ticks of me building up and then I sadly lost my army of 3 squads, which by then, I was conquered by the children I was fighting, who then proceeded to nuke me. This is where another player, someone I had to reason with to liberate me, earlier in the era (who also turned into my ally), threw a small amount of reds to me to boost back workers I was going to be losing to the nukes. But in no way did I want this, (sadly since I'm not a supporter, I couldn't send back these reds, but if I could I would've done in a heartbeat), so since I couldn't send them back I just held them till the time was right.

But now, since I'm not sure whoever banned me, saw that as some sort of "payment" for me apparently being a "hired gun", then I'm surprised by what the children of this game will do to ruin someone else. I've spent two last years into my account, to now watch it banned, where no admins who I have approached about it, actually seem like they care enough to even read through the messages I sent them. So now I'm preaching on the forums, since this is basically my last hope.

Have a fun read, LATAS.

Post subject: Re: Assistance, maybe?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:45 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

You won't really find anyone here who's able able to help you figure out the banning... you'll have to talk to the admin who banned you, which has already been taken up privately. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll answer what I can, but I doubt I can answer much. =P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:21 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Plz sir, can we unban Yessum?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:21 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I got a solution for ya, stop playing Joe/Ilona worlds, the 2 worst admins this game ever had.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:41 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Just going to bump this along, as no admin I have contacted have been able to answer my question,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:23 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Bump again. Being serious for a moment, I actually find this quite ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:10 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Wow, this is ridiculous. I have the utmost respect for all admins, and i can understand banning someone accidentally, but this is ridiculous. No consideration, no responses, not even to me.
I got a simple "Where?" from Joe, and Ilona hasnt responded, although I believe shes read it, but you never know.

Absolutely ridiculous abuse of power if nothing happens before he is deleted from the worlds hes playing on. Not to mention, the lack of proof against him for the ban.

Hey Admins, ban all of UNIT, they are all taking bribes from ICEMAN to war GoT.

My proof? Oh thats right, I have none. But you should still ban them, right? Like Yessum?
And if there is proof, I want it posted here, publicly.

UNIT: 1st
LotD: 14th, 4th and everything inbetween.
AOD: 4th
KoR/PoK: Top 10
The Legion of the Dead will forever endure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:29 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

First of all, bans are never handled in the forum. Thats a basic rule and this topic will be locked soon.

Secondly, as it is already here:
Yes, Yessum got banned because of harassing. Joining a world very late in ticks (after tick 1300) , just to spam and messing up the game for others is no fair play and is not what we like to see. Getting "paid" from one op the top players with red tokens, is just on top of that.
Especially if its a solo world.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:46 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Ilona wrote:
First of all, bans are never handled in the forum. Thats a basic rule and this topic will be locked soon.

Secondly, as it is already here:
Yes, Yessum got banned because of harassing. Joining a world very late in ticks (after tick 1300) , just to spam and messing up the game for others is no fair play and is not what we like to see. Getting "paid" from one op the top players with red tokens, is just on top of that.
Especially if its a solo world.

First of all, he placed tick 1100 and has been fighting for 300 ticks.
So you're saying just because it's late era we shouldn't place and fight, in an era that usually goes 3000 ticks? No wonder BD worlds have like 200 population before ending, do you know you're killing the game? Plus I thought the rules broken to get banned were these:
1.You were placed to support enemy alliance of the ones getting harassed (SRB in this case). Yessum obviously wasn't, as he has been doing this in all worlds for the fun of himself.
2. You were paid reds to be a mercenary and fight enemies that the guy who paid you wants. Yessum obviously only got reds once, and it was what, 150? From a player who spends up to 50k per era just for his allies?I'm sure Yessum would have used the reds in a situation if needed (definitely not for workers which he got them for because he was getting nuked 24/7)
3. Yessum does that to specific alliances always for a reason, I'm sure he can explain the reason of attacking SRB if you ask him.

I quote from the wiki: http://wiki.battledawn.com/index.php?title=The_Rules

Spam Bombing

Creating, or having a friend create a colony completely out of nowhere to spam a bunch of outposts and colonies. Depending on the situation, the admin could very well decide to ban for this. Our only aim is to keep a fair and balanced play environment.

Tell me where Yessum broke the rules which got him banned.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:02 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

hariscaapo wrote:

I quote from the wiki: http://wiki.battledawn.com/index.php?title=The_Rules

Spam Bombing

Creating, or having a friend create a colony completely out of nowhere to spam a bunch of outposts and colonies. Depending on the situation, the admin could very well decide to ban for this. Our only aim is to keep a fair and balanced play environment.

Tell me where Yessum broke the rules which got him banned.

Thank you! I was up to quote it myself.
Cuz thats exactly what he was doing! He joined a world very late just to spam all. And he got tokens for doing that even more.
Here is a screenshot that a player sent me http://prntscr.com/6bkugf on which I decided to react even if its on Joes server.
If you play on a solo world since tick one, and there comes a guy placing a colony very late and got tokens from your enemy just to attack you, would you like it?
I doubt it. All those who are yelling here "how unfair the admin is" should please make sure that they don't message an admin if exactly this situation happens to them.

However, I decided to unban him BUT deleting him from e5.

- TOPIC LOCKED -

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]