It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blue token links/download containing virus's
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:00 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Blue token links/download containing virus's :!:

I really must say that I am really disappointed in BD for allowing, for free tokens, a group of downloadable links for thinks such as Flash updates ridden with spyware and virus's. I run virus scans after each time of clicking on free blue token links and I was shocked on the amount tracking cookies, PC optimizer (know maleware) and other Trojans. Thought I had the obligation to inform all of you of the links and advise you, until we are assured that they are safe from virus/maleware/spyware, to avoid them like the plague. I am really saddened by this.

Post subject: Re: Blue token links/download containing virus's
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:09 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Was it on the survey page?
If so, please let me know which one it was. (matomy, tokenads, peanutlabs)
We are not directly connected to them, they are just our providers for those surveys.

However, we can add some pressure if they show surveys that we don't want to have and we'd just remove them completely if its not worth the effort or harm our players.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Ilona wrote:
Was it on the survey page?
If so, please let me know which one it was. (matomy, tokenads, peanutlabs)
We are not directly connected to them, they are just our providers for those surveys.

However, we can add some pressure if they show surveys that we don't want to have and we'd just remove them completely if its not worth the effort or harm our players.

Well I have been blocked from the surveys because they stated I provided false/inconstant information. Non the less, It was and I am sure of it, the flash pro link which is not legit as well as the java link. Those were the only 2 I performed where afterwards I noticed a complete change in my computer performance.

Now you had mentioned, "We are not directly connected to them, they are just our providers for those surveys"; however, does the BD staff try out all of the links they provide to ensure they are providing a safe gaming experience. I do not mind the politics with bans or anything rule based; however, I do get angry when I click on a link from what I felt was a safe site (www.battledawn.com) only to be let down in the end.

If I was not a technical person, I would have not only spent money on reds, I would have had to spent money on cleaning out my computer from the maleware battledawn provided and approved being that it is on their page, hence bd is endorsing companies that infect their patrons computers. I am not directing my anger towards you or any of the other hard working BD staff; however, I am directing this anger towards the person(do not know who u r) that approved infecting their patrons computers. This just shows that person did not care for the welfare of their customers. Personally, I liked the old system where I did not receive 1K emails in 1 day and a plethora of virus's and maleware (still uninstalling things). Sorry Ilona for my rant; however, I feel that I am speaking for the masses. Thank you for the attention paid to this serious matter. Hope all is well!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:54 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Do you remember if it was page 1,2 or 3?
I can assure you that we surely don't want to harm any player with this free offers.
Its not that we make the big money with those... If they have malicious offers, we'll contact the company and remove them if needed.

Unfortunately, I can't "control" those links. As every player get other offers depending on age, gender, country and so on.
So I would see totally different ones as you can see.

Please click on the survey page again and let me know which company it was, so I can take action. A printscreen would be very helpfully as well

Thanks! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:10 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Ilona wrote:
Do you remember if it was page 1,2 or 3?
I can assure you that we surely don't want to harm any player with this free offers.
Its not that we make the big money with those... If they have malicious offers, we'll contact the company and remove them if needed.

Unfortunately, I can't "control" those links. As every player get other offers depending on age, gender, country and so on.
So I would see totally different ones as you can see.

Please click on the survey page again and let me know which company it was, so I can take action. A printscreen would be very helpfully as well

Thanks! ;)
It was page/offer 2 and it is too late for a SS for the programs removed from the computer. If you ever played with me and or herd of my rep of being a irrational hot head at time's, I was too angry using some choice words in reference to BD, hence I calmed down first before posting lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:14 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ah, no worries.

I'll contact matomy tomorrow and ask them to improve their service and making sure that all offers are okay.
They have a good customer service btw and from what I heard. It might will be helpfully when you write them about your issue too.
http://www.matomy.com/contact-us

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

So I removed everything from the computer, what i did was uninstalled the programs from the computer (just uninstall programs installed on that day) as well as I had to run the needed scans. The last and final step was resetting the browser (chrome) avoiding the uninstall and re install. It was not a major to do but frustrating none the less because it was at the most inopportune time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]