It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Farewell, for good this time.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:56 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

After reading Winters retirement thread it seems almost necessary for me to part ways with this game and company as well. This won't be just another retirement this is a good bye forever this time as this has lost it's hype and there are bigger and better things going on.

Like most veterans of this game that has watched such a once great addictive game it's sad to see it slowly fall apart. Even though I publicly disagree with most of the staffs actions it's very clear that they care for this game despite such a downfall in the community. They can only work with what they've got.

Although, I'll never agree with them about their moderator decisions. Some are great such as Zhester and Ponk who do their job without causing more problems and keeps everything calm. 100% stand by Winters about what he said to Jack. He recently banned me for telling a troll to leave a thread for bashing an alliance for a battle report that wasn't that amazing. For a game that is clearly diminishing in population that guy sure knows how to push veterans out the already half open door.

Enjoyed my time on this game in the past more so than now but still a fun game wish it could have lasted longer than what it has but like other games they reach their prime then slowly die off. Would usually like to say it was entirely the staffs fault but there are several reasons why Battledawn is going under.

Pretty sure I'll forget to mention multiple people I've enjoyed playing with or talking to and I apologize if you feel left out but I've got terrible memory :D.
  • Admire Michael for paying out of his pocket a few years ago just to keep the game running when it clearly was costing him more than it was bringing in.
  • Seth which I've always considered my favorite admin simply cause he wasn't so uptight and he used to laugh at my racist jokes I sent him in-game. Despite giving me multiple warnings in the past (which was ordered from Andrew) he's still and always will be my favorite.
  • AlexanderKitty just because you shared the same views on just about everything on this game even though we hardly talked aside from a few brief moments on the forum (before I stacked up about 6 warnings within just 2 days) and on MSN when you told me don't mention your real name.
  • Montalvo, although you're new and don't understand everything about the game yet you were one of the only admins that actually would speak to the players like human beings and not acting so professional like a robot. Respect you for actually looking into each report that was given to you and gave us updates on whether or not that player/alliance was indeed cheating.
  • Zal you're the man hands down my favorite mod and a friend. Sucks that I didn't get the privilege to play more rounds with you even though we played that Karos Online together only for a short duration you're a load of fun.
  • Evan for lying to my face about joining the test team then disappearing for a solid month without a single word. Without this I would have never been drawn towards Aeria Games Kingdom Heroes in which I'm now head GS and loving every minute of it.
  • Raul, you and I had a few runs in which I openly admit was a bit cheap that I stole your crystals while you were gone for a week(or longer I forget) and then went into vacation just to annoy you and Morgan. But none the less I still respect you as a leader and player.
  • Apollo you were a huge noob and I can't understand how you got Jr. Mod but you're fun to talk with and also fun to join rounds with you just to attack the top ranked players that boost non-stop. :D
  • Ishan you're one of those players that constantly stand out immediately. Forget which fantasy world we met on BFPT believe it was F3 you were in the corner all by your lonesome conquering alliances one by one when we recruited you. You're by far one of the best players on this game and wish we could of played more rounds together.
  • Dommy, despite all your cheating and constant lying you're still one of the few leaders I respect. You brought me into BFPT as a complete rookie showed me some tactics (some good and some backstabbing). [/color]
The two people I respect most in this game would have to me Simmen and Psychomantisx.
  • Simmen taught me how to play this game regardless of how much I mess with him during that time or how frustrated I got that he didn't do things the way I wanted them he was a good leader, player, friend, and moderator.
  • Donald was by far my most trusted friend on this game we worked incredibly well together through the good and the bad we stuck together through it all. Will never forget either of you two.
  • Andrew I used to respect you until recently playing a couple of your worlds you're just extremely inactive and unsocial with the players that it's hard to keep the game fair. Understand that you've got a family and a life but you've also got an obligation as an admin to do a few things. Despite all that I still love making fun of your sausage fingers.
  • Guess Who (Anthony) you're turning into Dommy. Sure you're respected and a good player but you're also a cheater and in the end you won't win regardless of all your accolades.
  • Routhy I believe is a good moderator although I disagree with your appointment as head mod you have done your job as far as I have seen. Despite all the arguments and bickering in which both of us were wrong you're a pretty okay guy in the end.
  • Jack you really should listen to Winters words regarding your uptight gestures and autocratic reign over the community. I'm sure you could be a great person you just act before talking things out. That in my opinion is what is absolutely necessary for any successful moderator.

Would like to thank the few great alliances I was a part of that really helped me develop as a player.
  • NEWB - Not that great since Simmen was there (pun intended) but Pedobear taught me all the basics this game had to offer starting out and I greatly appreciate everything that alliance offered.
  • BFPT - First alliance I was offered directly out of NEWB with many well respected community members such as Numair, Donald, Ishan, Zal, and many others. Taught me a multitude of tactics and first put my name on the map.
  • ARM - Was my first great alliance I was offered to join when I came back from retirement although we're currently just on Spanish server for practice this roster is amazing at working together and always thinking in the future for what's best for the alliance. Can't wait to finish my last round with you guys in April hope to see a very interesting and competitive round. Don't see any other alliance I'd like to work with for that very last go for glory.
There were many other alliances I have been a part of but none quite as serious as these. Not to stain your names but you know who you are and have helped shape the player that I am today.

Accomplished many things during my time on this game broke several records few of which are still around and some of which Unky broke and met some really awesome players. All of which I would not trade that experience for anything. You guys and this game were great while it lasted but like all good things there is a dying point.

Hope for the sake of this company that they can pull off a miracle to save such a great game and bring it back to it's glory or find somebody that would purchase and revive the game so that it's more enjoyable and has much faster and more potent updates. Never been much the type for words but I hope for the very best for the company, staff, and community.

Figured I'd throw this out there also. For those that I've trolled both on the forum and in-game you've most likely deserved it so I'm not going to be sympathetic and say I apologize. You know who you are. Made the game more exciting at least gave some spice to the dull moments which has grown more often than not. If you're wanting some redemption I'll surely be on E1 coming this late March or early April so hop on by will make the last round that much more memorable!

Post subject: Re: Farewell, for good this time.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:22 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

okay... well... I only read the messages you gave out to the Forumers and players and admins.

I never got to know you since I've only been in the Forums for a couple months but I hope you have a good life!

good luck!
The Zodiac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 am 
News Team
News Team

Never really got to talk to you, but I can see that your a good person. I'll miss you and your sarcastic comments. :(

Ex-Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:12 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

You are exactly right about BD.
I hope they revieve this game so people like you and others come back.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:20 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Would be asking for a lot of staff changes if they were to revive BD to it's former glory. Michael and the others have grown up, started their lives, families, and most likely have other jobs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 pm 
Captain
Captain

Good luck, bro.

【Fantasy】【EB】【Wolf】

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:34 pm 
Private
Private

you best not leave me on M1 mate. <3 ya.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:52 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I had a few good times with u mate i left once before for some of the same stuff.

allong with game is way to even u cant stand out anymore.

With EXP return i am hopeing those of us who are active and conquer much have huge pay off compaired to those that sit and build whole era.

I am giveing it a try now will report.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Was surprised to stumble upon this retirement post Vince...but I totally agree with you about things just not being the same again. Been playing BD since it began and since then life and priorities have changed. Whatever be the issue, theres no denying those fun days of endless warring, keeping up all night to coordinate attacks etc....and like every game....this one too has reached its peak for most veterans.

Was hoping to play out the last era with ARM but it might not be possible...so heres wishing you and the team a great one. Don't forget to keep me added on MSN....so I can snoop into your private life and bit more :P

You are an excellent teammate, were never selfish but most of all - FUN TO PLAY WITH! You always lightened up the chat room with your weird remarks and made this game what it should be in the first place - More Social and Less Robotic!

Not gonna say bye....cuz we will be in touch on MSN...even if its not as much as it used to be :cry:

Love n Peace

~Donald~

S-KaY<3 says:
*i live on the BD forum xD
*i'm there 25/8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:37 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Hate seeing old vets leave :(
but yeah, agree with you :)
have a great live!!!
I'm gona miss being murdered by your tactics lol

OC: Rcon, DOOM, EVIL, KoR, NC: AD, SWAT, BH, ICE, JRE, ISKC
T-T I miss you Donald Garry Mikey T-T

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next