It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Let's encourage Sub abuse!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:32 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Yeah stop fighting guys.

And Twilight, just a bit of advice, you dont need to wait so long for resources. What you could do is start off with 10 armor units, and start taking resource outposts. They are more important than conquers. Lots of players build free outposts, so take them, and raze them for workers or resources. You could also go for conquers.

If I dont boost, I build 2 food, 3 metal, 1 oil, 1 E, Satscan, basic scan, infantry barracks. And then go about taking resource outposts and outposts. If you can infact spend tokens, boosting around 750 tokens right at the start might help too :) Most of the times I dont have the patience so I boost like 750 tokens the first tick.

Last edited by mfreak on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:23 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i think u misunderstood what i was saying there gerber i am personaly ranked 9th leading the 1st ranked alliance

WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
there's a lota pretty girlz in da city ;)
skype littleconqueror1 all welcome to add

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
Yeah stop fighting guys.

And Twilight, just a it of advice, you dont need to wait so long for resources. What you could do is start off with 10 armor units, and start taking resource outposts. They are more important than conquers. Lots of players build free outposts, so take them, and raze them for workers or resources. You could also go for conquers.

If I dont boost, I build 2 food, 3 metal, 1 oil, 1 E, Satscan, basic scan, infantry barracks. And then go about taking resource outposts and outposts. If you can infact spend tokens, boosting around 750 tokens right at the start might help too :) Most of the times I dont have the patience so I boost like 750 tokens the first tick.

I actually did build armor units to take resource outposts but my other members beat me to it, so I let them run with it.

The rest of your advice is invaluable and something I repeatedly asked about in the Newb questions section... thanks.
What do you DO with the 750 tokens specifically though?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 pm 
Captain
Captain

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
1: Brother alliances can make their own subs and subs cannot
2: Brother alliances can negotiate their own treaties however their bond to their fellow brother alliance tales precedence over any other agreement and subs are not allowed to.
3: It is not ok to poach alliance members from a brother alliance however it s acceptable from a sub
4: Brother alliances can declare war, subs cannot

All these 4 points are invalid. I have seen subs make subs of their own. I have seen subs make their own relationships. You cannot breathe down someone's neck, he will instantly retag and tell you that he is not gonna be your sub anymore. You can go ahead attack, but then you will lose credibility because of your varying political stand. So most of the times you just let them go. Similarly, I am playing in SoLD right now, some members from the Main join the sub and sub members join the main. Also subs can actually go ahead and declare war on their own. And a lot of times the main comes to the subs aid too. But yeah, if its the main opponent then the sub and the main have to work together.

The reason I brought up the differences between a sub and an ally was because I consider them the same :)

Not in any alliance I am the part of. If they want to function as a separate alliance then they can choose to retag and I can get some more conquers.

If you have seen subs create their own subs then I would say that either they were poorly run by the main or it was sub abuse. As for the sub declaring war and making separate agreements with other alliances I say no. Effective subs should function as an extension of the main and so they share the friendships and of the main.
Twilightmask wrote:
A little tired here but there are a few things I want to address...
Haven...
I am very active and if I didn't respond to your messages more than once or twice a day it's because I don't relish logging in on a world and doing nothing. After creating those first basic resource structures, you have to wait for 24 or so ticks before you can create the next ones.... then after the next ones you have to wait even longer before your population and such have gotten to the point where you can build up enough to make those final ones... Then you have to start actually making squads of units... THEN and only THEN is a colony able to actively play the game.... Until that point I had given the alliance coherent and easily followed orders, and stayed on top of all messages sent to me.
Just false. I had 8 conquers in the first 10 ticks and had an xtal at tick 4. I did this by spending only 200 blue tokens and 0 reds at the beginning of the era. This just shows poor playing on your part.

Last edited by GerberBaby1 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:02 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Might want to edit your post... :| It's a mess

Anyway, like I said, impossible without boosting. You just admitted to using 200 blues. I used 0.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:23 pm 
Captain
Captain

I fixed it deleteing that last part that I wasnt quoting.
Twilight wrote:
Again, it is simply impossible to do better than I was doing without Boosting. Try it yourself.
----------------------------
Edit: SERIOUSLY dudes. Go NOW to a 1 tick server and make a colony and don't boost ANYTHING. No blue tokens, no red tokens, and no trading, and tell me how it goes... You have no right to tell me I could have been more active or had a better ranked alliance, or had a larger sphere of influence without doing that!

However as for you not boosting blues that is your fault. But yeah. I have actually played a 2 tick server without boosting at all and you know what? I finished rank 1.

That is pointless anyway. Unless you are trying to make a statement like I was i that M2 era you should always be able to boost. If you don't have the tokens then you can start a new account and play with that. That gives you 100 tokens and if you catch a UFO and vote you will be at over 200. Now i am counting Galaxy voting of course and Spanish server. I started M4 with 200 blues and got 8 conquers in the first 10 ticks. Dont blame your lack of skill on lack of tokens please.

Twilight wrote:
If you can have your colony Combat ready within 100 ticks that way, then please tell me how... and remember, you gave me less time than that to establish KST.

It isn't hard to establish a top 5 alliance in the beginning of an era. It just requires activity. If you can't do that then how in hell can we trust you to lead an effective sub that potentially will finish rank 2. We can't. That and you did no delegation and your leadership was a joke. We talk to other sub members. We talked to KKK and Darklighter and they did what you should have been doing and for that we put Darklighter in charge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:08 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Haven... you're being too harsh. Geez. Frankly you are one of the meanest players I have ever met on any game ever.... You have no sense of humor and you take things way too seriously. I'm not trying to punch your dog in the face or something. I just have a different opinion than you. So Back Off!

Yes you can always boost, but I told Duo I WASN'T going to up front and he okayed that. My old point stands.

Duo... you have me on Skype and Msn. I'm available to talk anytime you want.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:44 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Twilightmask wrote:

The rest of your advice is invaluable and something I repeatedly asked about in the Newb questions section... thanks.
What do you DO with the 750 tokens specifically though?

Just buy Both oils big and small, both metals big and small and both E, for scanning. I try to first get my ranged units, cuz I dislike building Damage even for spam :) If you wanna wait for your range, then you could also get your metal or oil structures upgraded. At tick 1 even Damage can be quite effective, just that I dont do it. And yeah I also buy both workers, so that's another 280 tokens. Oh and yes I get my spy in the first 10 ticks too :)

Also, 2 tickers are much easier without boosting yes. 1 tickers literally impossible without boosting. You get to wait too long on single tickers.

Last edited by mfreak on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:46 am 
Major
Major

haha to bad i never get to do that at a start since i dont buy tokens

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:44 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

if you are in an alliance and u dnt want to waste resources on dmg spam i usually build like 3-5 armor inf just to conquer mines/ conquers with no units. and focus on building my resource structures and get range. this helps boost your economy enough to quickly build up an army

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19