It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New scoring system and the less blues help boosters?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:09 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

well when I learned that you would only get 3 blues from voting and now 25 for achievements I was pretty happy. I feel that this is not good for the average battle dawner... but if your boosting and playing a serious era it's really nice... that and the new score system crystals aren't worth nearly as much as they used to... and if your playing serious and you lose your army it gives you more resolve to retry... I don't know if you guys wanted this all to help boosters more... but I feel that these changes help boosters a lot more than your average battle dawner and I just wanted to point it... (you guys say you would balance it out and that it would be fair... idk if your planning anything to even it out or anything)

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

Post subject: Re: New scoring system and the less blues help boosters?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:59 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

umm isn't this in the wrong section ?

In any case,the new scoring system discourages boosting,it's better to only boost a little and be sure you'll get the extra score from battles,but if you over boost and gain power rapidly via boosting the scoring system will basically have no effect on your own score and thus your on a disadvantage towards non-red boosters.

People should be grateful that they didn't take out the voting system completely and left the community without it.

Spoiler:
Seth wrote:
I completely understand the concerns each and every one of you have. I understand the concern that removing some of the blue tokens for voting gives the impression that we are leaning toward supporters on this issue. Please understand that this is simply not true. Lowering the blue tokens from voting is an attempt to mitigate abuse of the blue tokens feature, and is in no way connected to any of the other updates (save #3, which is intended to help balance any blue token shortfall).

As for the battle system change, this is an attempt to try and balance the competetive nature of the game, and especially to inspire people to stay competetive later in games when rounds of play tend to become stagnant. It is these late game times, when the top alliances are WAY out in front from everyone else that people tend to just give up and throw in the towel because there is simply no way to catch up. It is our hope that this will be alleviated to some degree.

Don't get us wrong, we know that this is likely imperfect, and will need some tweaking as we go. This is natural, because quite simply, we cannot know exactly how, where or why parts of it will need to be tweaked until we see how it affects things once it is applied. Little things like 'removing score from those who lose' may or may not become a necessity. We do not know yet, and none of us will until we see how it pans out. Please rest assured that the end game for us is quite simply "improvement of the BattleDawn experience".

a Daily bonus was also implemented so that the blue tokens loss can be balanced out in current era's

Spoiler:
fact wrote:
Mega boosting in now discouraged,it comes along with suicidal noobs who will now finally use a good build to try and do as much damage to you as possible,hey and thats another up side to the update,maybe.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:05 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mmm if it is the wrong section I apologize... but the daily bonus... I sort of see it as a joke... you can get it everyday from a ufo etc.. it doesn't nearly balance it out... and I'm glad they left us with daily voting.. not sure why they'd get rid of it though... but I think that both these changes are pretty big.. and I wanted to discuss it...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It's ok a mod will move it if it is :) But the daily bonus is better than nothing at least,don't you agree ? At least there making a attempt to balance things out

The reason for why they lowered the blue tokens per voting site is simple actually,people have been exploiting it over and over without really voting,they basically only opened the site and then closed it without voting.

official link of the update: click here

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:29 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

so lowering the value of blues we got from voting was a punishment... to everyone... alrighty I can understand that..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:24 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I apologize if u're among those who really go through the whole voting process. But the number of those who don't are too much, we had to do this...

If u do really vote, then u should think that it's for BD, and the tokens are only a side reward which doesn't matter how much u'll get... And if the token shortage is becoming a real problem then we'll have actions to balance that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:31 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

well I just think that cutting off half of the rewards a player can get per day for helping battle dawn... even if everyone can get it hurts everyone... the daily reward... gives you half a tick resources a day... I'm sorry big whoop... atleast like make the daily reward like 10 times better... I'm not complaining... I just feels that with everyone making less blues... it makes it so everyone's army will be not quite as large... but the red boosters will still boost a lot anyways... making it not balanced.. and the daily bonus is not that great... and I just would like people to see this as I sort of see it sort of :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:52 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

agree on the daily boosting reward, it needs a little bit tweaking...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:30 am 
Private
Private

So, this will only give red boosters chance to win an era?
No matter what, they boost red to get higher Power, and its obvious.
And due to the low blue tokens amount, Non boosters chance to win eras is reduced as they are limited by bonus resources. And about battle score system, it really need to be tweaked and should be based on armies engaged in battle, not the power of players.
So now, Non boosters chances of winning era reduced?
(boosting is necessary to a good level, but still...)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:13 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

My main concern about the new system is what happens if an alliance with the most power, crystals and all relics is rank 2 because of the new score system, do they still win??

Thanks for the Sig Dawnice ;}~

Wins on this account:F4 Era 16 (Led JFF and finished Rank 1)

Allies ATM:none ;{~

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next