It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best Army
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:53 pm 
Private
Private

Hello, I've been messing around with the Battle Simulator and have come to conclusion that i've found the best army composition.

First of all which is better? Damage or Range.

Well if you put in cavalry , 225 armour 75 of each damage vs 225 armour 75 of each range

The damage army wins, this is because range gets 1 extra hit off damage, but damage make up the damage dealt in 2 rounds and overpowers range in the next rounds.

I've also found out that they attack from right to left, which means they attack anti heavy first then anti cavalry then anti infantry

Since cavalry is weak against infantry, you want more anti infantry which happens to be the last type of troop to get attacked.

The best army is cavalry damage.

Put in damage 125 anti infantry cav, 50 anti cav cav, 50 anti heavy cav and 225 armour cav

Then vs a infantry army of the same army size, 450 armour infantry, 150 of each range

Cav beats the range army OF INFANTRY, and can still has 100+ units left. When vsing the same soldier count.

Same cav army with 125,50,50 damage 225 armour
vs 75,75,75 range 225 armour

Damage wins

Cav 125,50,50 damage, 225 armour
Heavy 50,50,50 range, 150 armour

Cav wins.

So the best ratio and army is anti infantry is 1.25 times more than the other 2 combined. Of course damage upgrade. + the same amount of armour upgrade units that are effective against infantry.

Remember, this is when vsing the SAME amount of soldiers. You would normally want to overpower the other army by bringing more.

Post subject: Re: Best Army
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:27 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

With damage
Spoiler:

With range
Spoiler:

Notice how damage losses more units in this case ^_^ It's suppose to simulate how dmg losses more units when you are up against less numbers. Not often will you be up against equal amounts of units, most likely you want to be the one with more units, so here you're wasting unnecessary losses.

Same goes for if you have less damage. You will take so many losses before your damage actually hits they will get slaughtered.

and one last thing:

When damage goes up against range at hp1
Spoiler:

When range goes up against damage at hp1
Spoiler:

Nice try :D but you should look at all possibilities in battle. I don't think I've ever gone in to an attack with exactly the same amount of units as the enemy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:30 pm 
Captain
Captain

Exp, nukes and spies should all be considered along with chasis advantages ect. Damage are uncommonly used due to the fact youll always have loses unless they are R4 which is rather difficult to achieve on all your squads.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:42 pm 
Private
Private

Slinkybd wrote:
Exp, nukes and spies should all be considered along with chasis advantages ect. Damage are uncommonly used due to the fact youll always have loses unless they are R4 which is rather difficult to achieve on all your squads.

And even then, I'd prefer R5 range to R4 damage. But having both?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:53 pm 
Private
Private

starwa7s wrote:
With damage
Spoiler:

With range
Spoiler:

Notice how damage losses more units in this case ^_^ It's suppose to simulate how dmg losses more units when you are up against less numbers. Not often will you be up against equal amounts of units, most likely you want to be the one with more units, so here you're wasting unnecessary losses.

Same goes for if you have less damage. You will take so many losses before your damage actually hits they will get slaughtered.

and one last thing:

When damage goes up against range at hp1
Spoiler:

When range goes up against damage at hp1
Spoiler:

Nice try :D but you should look at all possibilities in battle. I don't think I've ever gone in to an attack with exactly the same amount of units as the enemy.

Hmm, unnecessary losses, but the enemy loses more. But if you have a range army, you'll lose more anyway. Would rather lose less units in a big fight than ending up losing more units and possibly losing. I also can't see your pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:04 pm 
Private
Private

The thing is yes,in a very large battle that will last more than 3 rounds, some damage helps. But the goal is to not have to fight that battle. It's to try and always outnumber your enemy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:44 pm 
Major
Major

If you are fighting battles lasting more than 2 rounds you are doing something wrong and as you already pointed out the battle must last at least 3 rounds for the damage to outproduce the range.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:20 pm 
Private
Private

Korupt wrote:
If you are fighting battles lasting more than 2 rounds you are doing something wrong and as you already pointed out the battle must last at least 3 rounds for the damage to outproduce the range.

Would this army then be a good suicide army?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:01 am 
Major
Major

thomasdo1 wrote:
Korupt wrote:

Suicide army implies you will be wiped out which tells me that battle will be short so your best "suicide army" would be pure range. Although I would never ever recommend suiciding into another player since as long as your army is alive you can win, your colony does not matter as much as your army. If you are just messing around and intend to suicide randomly I would not do that because it is unsportsmanlike to ruin someone else's round just for the hell of it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:06 am 
Captain
Captain

Korupt wrote:
thomasdo1 wrote:
Korupt wrote:

Suicide army implies you will be wiped out which tells me that battle will be short so your best "suicide army" would be pure range. Although I would never ever recommend suiciding into another player since as long as your army is alive you can win, your colony does not matter as much as your army. If you are just messing around and intend to suicide randomly I would not do that because it is unsportsmanlike to ruin someone else's round just for the hell of it.

Though a good player probably wouldn't let someone suicide into them if they were going to have major loses.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]