It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The next Championship Era
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Korupt wrote:
gaurav1 wrote:
All BD has to do is make the CE server is the preferred era above the rest. As long as it shows up first for new signups, players will come there. I know it can't be that difficult for them to do this and see no reason why they would not want their champion era be the most populated.

I'm not entirely sure, I think (as I've already shared with Milan) that the name of the era may intimidate players as well. Whether it be the newbs trying to join a world or the decent players we have around now they may just think they cannot possibly compete in a "Champions" era so why even bother placing.

I'd also like to note that by hosting the Championship Era on Earth 1, you help establish Earth 1 as the premier server. Now, while this sounds like a bad thing, give me some time to explain this in detail.

By supporting the idea that there is a single world where you can prove your worth and value as an alliance, you can push teams of other worlds there. While this temporarily lessens the value of these worlds, this will when done right create a very competitive and thus very fun world. Competition isn't just for good players. New players love the opportunity to get somewhere the big dogs fight. New players really profit from dynamic era's with many veterans vying for every bit of help they can muster.

Don't forget that these alliances would also learn significantly more about BD - as you probably found yourself, Ilona, you really don't understand this game until you've fought some of its best and brightest players. This knowledge would be passed on - more newbs would be trained to match the latest recruits and improve the rosters of the alliances now forced to adjust to compete.

As they fall - they will go to other worlds, or as they desire more worlds, or as they get challenged. Many possible leaks for that.

The end result is, the quality of new players' abilities rises, the fun for newer alliances rises, the fun for veterans rises (and coming back veterans won't have as much of a reason to quit) and finally the overall game competition increases again.

I think the mistake you made last time, Ilona, was that you brought competition to a world you weren't going to run again. In the end you want people to be naturally tempted to come back for a rematch as soon as possible and you will want to try and create a competitive scene that prepares and works up to CE. Announcing it early and bright on an already existent worlds could make CE a very positive thing for BD in the long run I think.

Those are my two cents, I think it's worth the shot. But I will trust in the wisdom of the staff if it comes down to it.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I can only agree with the last few posts.. So Korupt, what kind of name would you suggest for the round? Because it IS after all the Championship Round :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:49 am 
Major
Major

Milanos wrote:
I can only agree with the last few posts.. So Korupt, what kind of name would you suggest for the round? Because it IS after all the Championship Round :lol:

Leave me alone, it's 7 am and I haven't slept yet again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:23 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I wasn't being sarcastic, just asking whether you actually knew another name it could go by :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:29 am 
Major
Major

Milanos wrote:
I wasn't being sarcastic, just asking whether you actually knew another name it could go by :D

I'm still thinking, amaze them with brilliance or baffle them with BS. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:37 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

It's 2014 now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:15 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

The next championship will happen in summer of 2014.
No further details for now... I'll announce it in February/March 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:20 pm 
Captain
Captain

(dance) (dance) (dance)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:24 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Thankfully it is in the summer and not in April, thanks Ilona :)

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:00 pm 
Private
Private

Great :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next