It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:52 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

i suspect the point may be to try to even the playing field a bit first. the op does state that other new players may be able to take said outposts... so in the early stages of a game...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:25 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

@baz if u're worried about "shielded OP", then the same thing can already be done with colony.

if only the first OP made during the tutorial is protected, then the worst thing that will happen is that they can have a protected colony with a protected OP, instead of a protected colony, which do the same thing as the OP: unattackable.

with that said, the newbies are already "redirected" to the AANC when they are conquered through an automatically-sent PM from the admin. Any more than that will be just spammy and annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:08 am 
Major
Major

aister wrote:
@baz if u're worried about "shielded OP", then the same thing can already be done with colony.

if only the first OP made during the tutorial is protected, then the worst thing that will happen is that they can have a protected colony with a protected OP, instead of a protected colony, which do the same thing as the OP: unattackable.

with that said, the newbies are already "redirected" to the AANC when they are conquered through an automatically-sent PM from the admin. Any more than that will be just spammy and annoying.

then there's still my issue of expantion becoming boring without the nub making op with the 2 armour infs on it and I can get levels on my damage vehicle by taking up a bunch and get workers from razing

the game would be worse without it

just tell the nub when they join the game like either in the welcome message or tutorial about the wiki and adopt a noob centre etc. instead of making the game worse for me

and the noob will still get discourageds whether he loses his op now or in 100 ticks dont you think? so there really is no point

and since he's saying something like its power based does that mean if the noob logs on once builds op for tutorial foirgets about game and never comes back I will NEVER be able to take his op? that's ridiculous.

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:14 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

you just don't like the idea of having slightly fewer, extremely WEAK targets to hit throughout the game, huh?

socialmisfit1 wrote:
and the noob will still get discourageds whether he loses his op now or in 100 ticks dont you think? so there really is no point.

in 100 ticks, the noob has a chance to learn how to protect his/her stuff from at least some of the experienced players, or perhaps join an active alliance who can teach said noob, or maybe help protect...

socialmisfit1 wrote:
then there's still my issue of expantion becoming boring without the nub making op with the 2 armour infs on it and I can get levels on my damage vehicle by taking up a bunch and get workers from razing

the game would be worse without it

just tell the nub when they join the game like either in the welcome message or tutorial about the wiki and adopt a noob centre etc. instead of making the game worse for me

if both you and a "noob" are low score, then you can hit noob. if you are higher level, then surely there are better ways to level up, aside from that those weak outposts do not seem to pop up a lot. outposts will not do any good for the player who made them, if they can be taken too easily.

you can complain all you want that you should be able to take over outposts, and I agree. however, the primary purpose of an outpost is to help it's creator, NOT to serve as food for someone else. being conquerable for someone else is secondary. unless I have this game figured out all wrong, and everyone is supposed to feed a few players...?

socialmisfit1 wrote:
and since he's saying something like its power based does that mean if the noob logs on once builds op for tutorial foirgets about game and never comes back I will NEVER be able to take his op? that's ridiculous.

what happens with colonies? isn't it the case that after a set number of ticks, protection ends, regardless? if the colony and outpost get the same protection, then the outpost would be fair game when the colony is no longer protected.

@social misfit - how long have you been here? :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:32 am 
Major
Major

magmaw wrote:
in 100 ticks, the noob has a chance to learn how to protect his/her stuff from at least some of the experienced players, or perhaps join an active alliance who can teach said noob, or maybe help protect...

if he needs teaching thats what the adopt a noob centre is for

he wont just teach himself in 100 ticks will he? and how can he with basic protection ever hope to defend from exp players who have many more squads from tax and res ops?

magmaw wrote:
if both you and a "noob" are low score, then you can hit noob. if you are higher level, then surely there are better ways to level up, aside from that those weak outposts do not seem to pop up a lot. outposts will not do any good for the player who made them, if they can be taken too easily.

you can complain all you want that you should be able to take over outposts, and I agree. however, the primary purpose of an outpost is to help it's creator, NOT to serve as food for someone else. being conquerable for someone else is secondary. unless I have this game figured out all wrong, and everyone is supposed to feed a few players...?

wrong. the primary purpose of an op is to hold units. it CAN benefit the creator if he knows how to use it and he can use it as a base for attacks upgrade it to radar or gate etc. but it is in the end of the day a war game not a city building game. all players must fight to defend their ops.

magmaw wrote:
how long have you been here?

almost 3 years now not that that has any relevance...

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

socialmisfit1 wrote:
magmaw wrote:

if he needs teaching thats what the adopt a noob centre is for

he wont just teach himself in 100 ticks will he? and how can he with basic protection ever hope to defend from exp players who have many more squads from tax and res ops?

the point (at least mine) was supposed to be that the nooobs have a chance instead of being overrun immediately.

socialmisfit1 wrote:
magmaw wrote:

wrong. the primary purpose of an op is to hold units. it CAN benefit the creator if he knows how to use it and he can use it as a base for attacks upgrade it to radar or gate etc. but it is in the end of the day a war game not a city building game. all players must fight to defend their ops.

obviously this is a war game :D

I guess how I said things wasn't very clear - outposts can be used for a number of things, but they are nominally supposed to benefit their creator, no? yes, it is up to the creator to try to maintain control of an outpost, but if the primary purpose of an outpost was to be taken by whoever, immediately, then the outposts would not belong to the creator when they pop into existence...

if the first outpost of a new player is not protected sufficiently (just enough to be fair, no more, no less), then the outpost is just a tasty treat for someone else (and virtually free experience, it seems... -_- )

I'm going to go out on a limb and extrapolate a bit here, tell me if I go wrong somewhere:

if new players easily lose control of all their outposts, and any resources they might have conquered, then they will have trouble expanding.
if they have trouble expanding, when they finally decide to start attacking, a strong player will slaughter them.
if they cannot really expand, and get smushed every time they try to fight, then what point is there in playing a war game?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:14 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

the game's already friendly enough for new players as it is. No to the suggestion.

Former Teams : RCon - OTGH - ICE - LWB - BORG - SWAT- HA - AE - TWA - Wolf - T

- WarHammer of DarKLand.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:24 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Ehsas wrote:
the game's already friendly enough for new players as it is. No to the suggestion.

obviously. why else would there be a lot of people sitting in protection and not doing anything? lol

in the least, the tutorial should be changed to not require noobs to build the tutorial, or give them a fair warning that it may be easily taken by a stronger player. right now there's none of that afaik.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2