It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:21 am 
Private
Private

Quote:
it is ok for players too figure out ways too gain an advantage as long as its not farming and cheating we all have token farmed as you wanna call it very single booster

exactly. It is okay for them to gain an advantage as long as it ISN'T farming and cheating. Tokens farming is both.

Yes, mfreak, you did win those battles, because you sidestepped the cooldown period, which is there as a check on boosters. Lets face, heavy boosters already have a huge bonus over casual or non boosters. Token farming is another way for the big guy to flex his muscles(and plastic) in front of the small guy. It's a good thing that token farming is illigal. And if you aren't a fan of what you agreed to, as ferret said, don't agree to it, and don't play. Or, you can do it the NORMAL person way, and follow the rules. Just throwin those options out there

Last edited by riski1234567dr on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:22 am 
Captain
Captain

Ping, Torp, Andrei, Oluvai, Avi the list goes on of notable players who do this era after era. You can add dozens of other names to this list if you would like. These are the players who are the life and blood of BD when it comes to income. Michael was livid last era on E4 when players were banned for "token farming" as some are putting it here. Like Allen stated, anything that helps get BD's income higher should be encouraged and is by Michael.

I remember why this was put into place. Old Client boost system had 0 limits on how much you could spend at one time on buying resources directly. This was changed with the new client and its boost system that uses the current cool downs. However the prices for resources was also raised to be much higher compared to OC resource prices. Some players complained that the cool downs were being circumvent by "boost farming" as put by players here. This ToS was put in to stop it but also resulted in tremendous income drops for BD. Sure BD should be balanced and fair however like in life, those with money get certain advantages and even in this game they do with the boosts. Taking away the ability to circumvent the cool down 12-14 times is what makes BD a majority of its income.

Banning players that do this would be bad for business and like any business you don't do something that hurts your bottom line. This ToS statement is outdated and needs to be removed, Michael has never supported it from what I know and recently as in about 2-3 weeks ago, was completely for players using tokens as they wish.

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:22 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

lol looks like this topic is gone hot :lol:

need a BD admin to clear the matter up.......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:24 am 
Captain
Captain

We don't need an admin here, we need Michael. It's his income that is most affected by this. That said its not an issue at all if you guys know anything about Michael or business sense. Its just an outdated ToS statement that needs to be removed.

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:24 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Ferr3t wrote:
Look, when you created your account you agreed to all of the Terms of Service, if you didn't like them then you should have not created your account. YOU AGREED that 'token farming' is against the rules and can get you banned. What mfreak said is incorrect, there are rules that govern how you can spend currency in EVERY situation and if you agree to not spend your money on 'token farming' then do spend it on 'token farming' the admin has every right to do what they want with you.

Yes, it's against the rules, no I don't think you should be banned and I'm confident that the admin involved will agree with me. It's not a large offence and I'm assuming you will be let off with a warning.. Honestly, I think that this has been seriously over-hyped. ^_^

Liam, your first para, about people agreeing to rules when they created accounts is pretty stupid. Seriously. If you put a rule in a contract, that says - "You can kill me" and say I signed it. You still would go to jail for it. Abusive clauses and rules, are not valid and wont be considered as being against the rules and atleast in my case WILL be taken up with Michael himself if they are enforced. I am a big spender and I expect to be shown some respect. Something as stupid as this being in the rules doesn't mean anything. I will spend my money as I please, and as long as it benefits BD, as long as I dont cheat BD when I gain tokens in exchange for money, who i send tokens to, and for what purpose I do, does not concern anyone.

Lastly, DO NOT think the admins can do as they please. THEY CANNOT.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:27 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mfreak wrote:
Liam, your first para, about people agreeing to rules when they created accounts is pretty stupid. Seriously. If you put a rule in a contract, that says - "You can kill me" and say I signed it. You still would go to jail for it. Abusive clauses and rules, are not valid and wont be considered as being against the rules and atleast in my case WILL be taken up with Michael himself if they are enforced. I am a big spender and I expect to be shown some respect. Something as stupid as this being in the rules doesn't mean anything. I will spend my money as I please, and as long as it benefits BD, as long as I dont cheat BD when I gain tokens in exchange for money, who i send tokens to, and for what purpose I do, does not concern anyone.

Killing somebody is against another, higher law which will override the contract. Token farming is not breaking any other rules in the Terms of Service.

mfreak wrote:
Though there is a rule, I cant and I WONT ban this person for using tokens.
Where is that rule? There is no rule stating 'You cannot use tokens' but there is a rule stating 'You cannot use tokens for token farming'

In some countries, using money for prostitution is illegal, and using it to buy milk is not. There are rules that govern the use of currency everywhere, if you don't like it - move.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:27 am 
Captain
Captain

A member that can get 400 score in a tick is not balanced or fair. It results in an overwhelming ability to gain back your army after losing it fairly. it takes away from strategy. your members boosts are for your members not 1-3 people. if it was then there wouldn't be cool downs.

Boosters are suppose to get an advantage, but we are also suppose to follow the ToS. Token farming is in ToS and has been since you all read it.

-Trevor

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:28 am 
Private
Private

mfreak wrote:

Murder and token farming are on very opposite sides of the spectrum. This is not an abusive rule and/or clause. And having money does NOT mean you dont have to abide by the rules. If I donated alot of money one round, and got caught for account sharing, I'd still be banned. This is a rule BD put into place for a reason. Abide by it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:34 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Where is that rule? There is no rule stating 'You cannot use tokens' but there is a rule stating 'You cannot use tokens for token farming'

In some countries, using money for prostitution is illegal, and using it to buy milk is not. There are rules that govern the use of currency everywhere, if you don't like it - move.

Sending tokens to your team mate for him to buy you resources is using tokens. If that is called a violation, then like G said, its time that rule was was removed from the ToS already. I have done this EVERY era, WILL continue to do this EVERY era I play. If Banned, I will take it up with Michael personally and get myself unbanned AND compensated.

Now BD today, unlike most of you think, is a game of how much money you have. There is already no strategy, so forget about it. If a guy can pay, he should be able to have what he wants. The bargaining power always has to remain with the customer, and that is when your business grows. BD at the core is a business. Get facts straight before you argue.

Now the murder thing was just an example. Dont hold on to it as if its a direct comparison. I wanted to explain an abusive rule in the contract. NO, I wont abide by this rule and NO I wont accept if I am banned for it. Why? Because its a stupid rule. I WILL take this up with Michael and will get myself unbanned AND compensated if something like this is enforced upon me in any of my future eras.

To avoid further backlash, this rule has to be removed from the ToS. Or the Admins have to use their "judgement calls" and not ban someone when something like this gets reported.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:36 am 
Captain
Captain

When BD comes to how much money you have i will quit playing BD along with 99% of the community.

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next