It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:38 am 
Corporal
Corporal

the funny thing is mfreak the guy that started this token farmed ask him if im lying

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:39 am 
Private
Private

Using tokens, is buying resources with tokens to help give your own colony an advantage. There is a cooldown there for a reason. And Just because you have money, doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. And if you think that BD is all about money and not strategy, then you're just not a good player at all. You can spend all your money, and terrible squad builds and random attacks, and no coordination, and guess what? you'll lose terribally.

Money does not mean power. Sure, money gets you SOME power, but it does not make you omniscient, nor does it make it you oblivious to rules. For example, I donate $1000 in one round. That's alot of money. And if I'm account sharing, I'll get banned. Why? Because It's in the ToS that account sharing is against the rules. Just like token farming. And if you do either, you should suffer what consequence the admin wishes to ordain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:41 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Donating can be done without cheating, I've used 5k reds on E2 so far and I have not abused the system on E2, if someone chooses to donate 21k reds then send them to all of their alliance members for their resource boosts then they are risking being banned. On E3 I sent my whole alliance tokens for them, themselves to use as in BD you play as a team, not by yourself. (not counting solo world).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:42 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Trevor, Its time you did then. Its already just that. If you dont want money to make such a big difference then change game mechanics. But in reality, BD is a business and it runs only because players like G quoted and myself included and many others can spend 2000 dollars a round. If I get banned for spending that much of money, then I'll be damned.

And bridgetown, what you talkin about?

Quote:
And if you think that BD is all about money and not strategy, then you're just not a good player at all. You can spend all your money, and terrible squad builds and random attacks, and no coordination, and guess what? you'll lose terribally.

Maybe its because your definition of what strategy is, isn't right. BD today has NO strategy. Believe me. What strategy are you talking about? Relocating a colony and attacking the source which is probably one of the few things you can do? Blah. There is none. BD is an expensive game and most of the times, reds MAKE a difference. Deal with it.

Apollo, try to be a little more practical. Money does mean power. Now I never said, just because I spend money, I should not be banned if I violate rules. I am saying, if I spend money, show me some respect and dont enforce stupid rules upon me. That is not too much of an asking.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:46 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

:lol:

relax guys...the main purpose i posted this is because it is not being "enforce" properly...even alot of good organized team/alliance are still doing such... :lol: till now...if you know what i mean... so other alliance would take advantage out of it by complaining to admin...FTW as always... :?

i dont want to see good supporters getting banned for such matter and or other alliance taking this very advantage...once again...FTW, :cry: or grabbing that supporters' "hardwork" $$$ when he monopolized the entire map at an early tick only to get banned...for doing such... i just find it wrong...warning would be nice...and ensure that this is being enforce...

i did'nt know about it...now that i got notified, i will personally ensure to tell other supporters that doing such is prohibited... there goes someone's bonus... :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously.. (-.-)"!! who reads terms and conditions...and remembers them by heart...when u register something do you read the entire page?? i'm sure you just click the "accept" button...im above 18... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

so yeah...all of you calm down...this is a game after all...rules and regulations are still reminded every now and then...thats where warning comes...not direct banned and or temporary ban...i think??! :lol: :lol:

till then you all takeare,

-SoLdiErz of FoRtUnE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:46 am 
Private
Private

Which I understand Mfreak, however, it is not for you, or me, or anyone who's not an admin/michael to decide if the rule should be enforced, and how it should be. I dont like alot of the laws in my country, but I abide by them, because if I dont, there are certain punishments, no matter rich or poor.

But the other thing is, if you spend money or not, we should all respect each other. I dont care if you've never spent a penny on BD or if you spend $2500 a round. That doesn't mean that BD should evolve into a primitave Caste system.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:49 am 
Captain
Captain

Allen if you want a game that is all about boosters and they don't have to follow rules than you should be the one quitting that is not BD it is suppose to be balanced and fair play for all even those who do not boost. hence the cool downs.
What you speak of sounds like 20 players on a server boosting against each other. no one else is going to be playing if boosters are above the law. and it is not going to be a game with no community.

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:50 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mfreak wrote:
NO, I wont abide by this rule and NO I wont accept if I am banned for it. Why? Because its a stupid rule. I WILL take this up with Michael and will get myself unbanned AND compensated if something like this is enforced upon me in any of my future eras.
What you're saying now is 'I think that this law is stupid, I'm going to refuse to be prosecuted and plead innocent on the basis that the law is 'stupid''

The fact is, you can't use tokens for what ever you want legally. You can use them within the guidelines which YOU agreed to. As I said earlier, you really don't need to rant on like this since I highly doubt any of the admins would ban you for this, rather give you a warning.. We are debating over an event which has not occurred, this is a waste of everybody's time ^_^

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:53 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Which I understand Mfreak, however, it is not for you, or me, or anyone who's not an admin/michael to decide if the rule should be enforced, and how it should be. I dont like alot of the laws in my country, but I abide by them, because if I dont, there are certain punishments, no matter rich or poor.

But the other thing is, if you spend money or not, we should all respect each other. I dont care if you've never spent a penny on BD or if you spend $2500 a round. That doesn't mean that BD should evolve into a primitave Caste system.

Michael himself was against enforcing such a rule on E4 last era. Andrei sent us 1000 reds a day. The other players were against it (though they were bigger spenders) and the admin too. We took it up with Michael and michael was livid for such a rule being enforced. You have to understand, that the game creator himself is NOT for enforcing such a stupid rule. I mean lets face it, its his business. Would he wanna screw it with such a stupid rule in place? Its high time the rule book was re written and such absurd rules, gotten rid off.

As for respect, I never implied or said that people should be disrespected if they never spent money. However, people that spend money are the ones that keep BD running. They are the lifeline. Many people might argue against that and say everyone is equal, and that everyone mean something to BD etc, but like I said, get real. The truth is the folks that spend are the folks that keep BD going. So obviously, any big spender would wanna be respected and shown consideration. There is nothing wrong about that. How a person that doesn't spend on BD gets treated is none of my business. I spend, so I expect certain things from BD. If you dont spend, and expect the same, make your voice heard if you are being treated differently.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:57 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Trevor, sadly that is the case. I never said boosters CAN violate rules. I said dont enforce stupid rules upon boosters, especially big spenders. Atleast because they spend!! Infact boosting should be encouraged. That is how BD can grow.

Quote:
What you're saying now is 'I think that this law is stupid, I'm going to refuse to be prosecuted and plead innocent on the basis that the law is 'stupid''

This is infact valid Liam. Lots of laws in this world, like women rights, Labor laws, even slavery and colonialism were abolished by making statements like the one above. Dont take it lightly. If a particular law is abusive, you have to call it out, not follow it

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next