It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:02 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This should be enough, let's just wait for the admin to go here. Clear it and do the actions lol :lol:

Highest Crystals: 93
Highest Rank: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:03 am 
Captain
Captain

Allen there is no need to be calling names. we are not looking for a ban here or anything i would rather him not be banned. I just want it to stop or the ToS changed. Or Cool Downs removed.

So please have a calm debate about this. And wait for a mod/admins responce so we can all be clear on the rules.

Apollo says he was banned a year ago for this. So that means it is not fair play to be doing it.

Thanks-Trevor

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:04 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Here are the rules. You CAN send tokens to alliance members so they can boost resources and use it for ONLY themselves. You CAN NOT send tokens to an alliance member so they can boost then send resources back to the ORIGINAL OWNER of the tokens. I repeat sending tokens IS ONLY ALLOWED if the person they are sending it to is boosting for themselves. just want to clarify that :)

~BD Maintenance Team

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:06 am 
Private
Private

Exactly. Relax on the language guys. Don't want anybody to get into trouble. And as much as I hate to say it, the law on token farming makes sense. They put the cooldowns there for a reason. And I personally dont donate alot, nad it really irks me when my alliance will kill 100 squads of someone elses, and theyre back in up in a day and half from mass donating and token farming.

Token farming makes sense and is a sensible rule. I'm not gonna fly off the handle and start calling people names, as that is very offensive to some people. Relax guys, and play the game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:07 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

What will the admin do? I would expect an admin to tell Gollum - "Look, it might be against rules according to the ToS. But technically its not a violation and I cant ban the player". But most of the times, you just get banned.

Even Michael has said its a perfectly valid thing to send tokens for resources to other team mates or even other players outside of your alliance. That is why we have the feature available for gods sakes. Anything that results in more tokens being spent ingame should actually be encouraged. That is the smart thing to do. We had the same problem in E4 last era and Michael was livid that such a rule was getting people banned.

Wonder when ridiculous rules like these are gonna be removed from the ToS.

And Trevor, I repeat, this is an abusive and stupid rule. It needs to be removed. If a player is reported, then the admin has to deny a ban, even though there is a rule like that in the ToS. One of the rules in the ToS state that admins can use their "judgement". I think this is one case where they can ACTUALLY USE their judgement and not ban the player. We seem to be having lots of bans issued based on notions, why not NOT have one just because its the right thing to do?

And whoever said Tokens can be sent to others, but resources not gained, you do realize that the purchase is being made by the player and the resources are being sent right? Cuz sending resources to team mates is perfectly valid.

Last edited by mfreak on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:09 am 
Private
Private

mfreak wrote:
What will the admin do? I would expect an admin to tell Gollum - "Look, it might be against rules according to the ToS. But technically its not a violation and I cant ban the player". But most of the times, you just get banned.

Even Michael has said its a perfectly valid thing to send tokens for resources to other team mates or even other players outside of your alliance. That is why we have the feature available for gods sakes. Anything that results in more tokens being spent ingame should actually be encouraged. That is the smart thing to do. We had the same problem in E4 last era and Michael was livid that such a rule was getting people banned.

Wonder when ridiculous rules like these are gonna be removed from the ToS.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I understand that sending tokens to other players so that the OTHER PLAYERS can use the res for themselves is far from a bannable offense. But sending other players tokens so they can send you the res. from them is a way to jump around the cooldown period. It's there for a reason, not just because the admins felt like it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Look, when you created your account you agreed to all of the Terms of Service, if you didn't like them then you should have not created your account. YOU AGREED that 'token farming' is against the rules and can get you banned. What mfreak said is incorrect, there are rules that govern how you can spend currency in EVERY situation and if you agree to not spend your money on 'token farming' then do spend it on 'token farming' the admin has every right to do what they want with you.

Yes, it's against the rules, no I don't think you should be banned and I'm confident that the admin involved will agree with me. It's not a large offence and I'm assuming you will be let off with a warning.. Honestly, I think that this has been seriously over-hyped. ^_^

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Ref: http://www.battledawn.com/?p=tos

Last edited by Dylan102 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:19 am 
Corporal
Corporal

i dont see the poin too bann this they must remove the reource converter too avoid players sending resources and they must also remove the send player token option micheal stated in one of his forum post when they had a 12 page debated on another world on something else it is ok for players too figure out ways too gain an advantage as long as its not farming and cheating we all have token farmed as you wanna call it very single booster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:19 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

The cooldown times are to level the playing field. Long back, there were no cool down times, so people could use money to win battles. Now today, there is an ingame feature which says - Send tokens. There is an ingame feature which allows receiving resources. Therefore, getting another player to purchase resources for you, is NOT by any means a violation.

Now if it is there in the ToS then its stupid. Remove it. You lose a lot of income by enforcing this rule, so remove the rule. Let people spend!!

On E4 last era, our team mate sent us all 1000 reds a day. Both for us to build up, and to send him resources. He lost 40 squads of tanks and built them back up in 36 ticks. Courtesy his 10k reds he sent us in that short period of time. We won a battle on M4 - 430 (enemy) vs 280 squads using spies and ions. We ioned 30 times. Just using tokens. And only 1 person bought us the tokens. ALL these are valid. If a rule against this is in the ToS, its time they removed it. If such a thing got reported, an admin should immediately say - Though there is a rule, I cant and I WONT ban this person for using tokens.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next