It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Event with a lot of reds for top 3 allainces. Only fighting
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:46 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

And the guys so far are from RoFL as far as i know. I dont wanna make you guys fight i want people from other 3 tickers. M3 and f3. Make the competetion hot guys not cold. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:37 am 
Private
Private

We tried doing this exact same thing on E1, as was pointed out already. And even with the donations from people, it didn't really work. Very few people showed up to compete, and we ended up winning. Yes, the relics were handed to us and I'm not proud of it, but it happened. But there were barely any "great battles" and what not. We had the round won by tick 500. I'm all for getting this game more competitive and people fighting more. But giving away reds isn't the way to do it. People will just have their friends show up, and it won't really be the same.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:03 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

As it was stated, I came up with a similar idea and implemented it on E1 a few eras ago. The biggest issue was competition. Half that said they were coming never showed up. Your competition isn't as forum focused though (mine required proof for EVERYTHING to gain points) which I think is part of the reason mine lost a lot of participants. Your idea differs in that it is only focused on rewarding ranks, whereas mine was focused purely on kills (which as I pointed out, needed a LOT of screenshots).

I hope that your idea would be able to bring up the competition that mine didn't and I'd be happy to help you out with it. However, with that said, you are lacking a lot in terms of details on how you'd actually implement and track everything. Some things are VERY hard to stop and then there will also be those who want nothing to do with your competition but will still want to play that era. There's no way to stop those players. There's also no way to officially point out if someone is using friends that are randomly placed to jam for them. The admin can't search every colony on the map for who did the mass jamming of x alliance. Obviously, friends making spam bombs for them are easily caught now and banned, but on a 3 ticker, that'd be much harder to correct any bannable offenses in time (ie - friend makes spam colony in enemy terrritory, admin's offline. By the time the admin logs in, the spammer has taken 50 OPs and ruined enemy teams network).

Finish hashing out the details here and then I would suggest making a suggestion topic to see how much competition you can bring into this. But do realize, probably half if not less of the amount of people saying they like your idea will most likely show. Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:58 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Well this is just a random sketch. It needs to be perfected by the ideas of people here. People always cry about no competetion and say game sucks but if you want to make the game competetive than everybody who thinks bd sucks need to show up and fight for the win.As you guys said my idea is same like yours that ocured on last e1. This one also has the same objective to bring competetiona nd it will be perfected by the ideas of people who really exist here. And moving on this challenge is for a 3 tickers but seems like players are dead.Noone bothers to even take a look at this topic. BUt i won't lose hope :lol: .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:03 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

If this goes, count me in. I owe RoFL some pay back. Thats you im talking to Sayan.

Current alliances-none
Former alliacnes-EA,LOZ,ZN,SF,VAL,MAD,BoS,KWP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:11 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Yeah that's what i wanted to hear. I hope more people show up like you :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:25 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Yellowhairedme wrote:
Yeah that's what i wanted to hear. I hope more people show up like you :evil:

after last era WN even owes some payback as well!

leading the WN for many years people know we dont back down from a fight!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:47 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Well good to hear that.Competetion thats what we want so provide the so called thing. :D :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Sounds like an awesome idea and I would love to play, but 3 tickers don't really agree with me sadly. Regardless though, I do hope this works.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:29 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Well this is just an experiement. I dont wanna make an experiement too long so 3 ticker is the best to start. talking about 1 tickers there will be something similar if this one succeds.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next