It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:45 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Jesus !! he wont turn me loose ya'll :lol:

I cant believe i got you to admit they had an advantage , i feel like i deserve a cookie now haha !!!

Idk how you won korupt tbh , and i dont see these forums or ingame overflowing with players like you , i seriously think your prolly just a genious and wasting your tallents here , ever think about working as an interogation agent haha im joking but you would prolly be very good at it , i for one would not be suprised .. I SEE 1 LIGHT , rrRiizZapp wrong there are 3 lights , how many lights do you see now haha , thats you all the way man :lol:

YOU SEEEE 3 LIGHTS ! SAY IT SAY IT SAY IT *rrRIIzZAAP rrRIIzZAAP rrRIIzZAAP*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:23 am 
Major
Major

My point was never that they do not have an advantage, my point was always it is an advantage that skill and activity can always beat. If you want to stick around I am sure I can teach you a few tricks to help you and even some things that are not tricks but can counter boosters. I prefer playing boosters because it is the only possible challenge I receive when playing anymore. Also I still stand by my statement that if you want practically 0 boosting check out kongregate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:32 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Just want to point out, that there has been very little to no boosting in BYZ this era...I know personally I haven't boosted (even blue tokens) so if you play your cards right you can still build a strong alliance without boosting :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:06 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I really admire BYZ , out of the bunch you guys are a special breed .

Korupt , i guess drop a link to kong , i know nothing about this game , i just hope its like Battledawn is all or i might lose interest .

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:12 pm 
Major
Major

RubberrAmmo wrote:
I really admire BYZ , out of the bunch you guys are a special breed .

Korupt , i guess drop a link to kong , i know nothing about this game , i just hope its like Battledawn is all or i might lose interest .

thanks

It is battledawn it is just a different site/servers with less players unfortunately but practically 0 boosting. An excellent way to sharpen your skills and then come back here and implement what you learned.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Tactics ... e=battleda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:30 pm 
Private
Private

Well,well,well...

After reading all of the posts by you guys/girls I feel like I should throw in my own piece of cheesecake.

I like to take things with logic.

So lets consider boosting players vs non-boosting players with pure reasonableness.

Example 1: Lets say that there is an alliance/player (whichever you can imagine easier) that uses boosting and they have exactly the same skill level that the alliance/player that does not use boosting. In that case the alliance/player which uses boosting will win, NO DOUBT , IT'S PURE LOGIC.

But lets say that the alliance/player that is boosting is LESS active than the alliance/player that is not boosting. In that case both alliances/players would be fighting with eachother and it would probably end up very closely , something like a tie or a draw.

Example 2: Lets say that the alliance/player that is not boosting has a higher skill level than the alliance/player that is boosting. Then probably the alliance/player that is not boosting would win or it would be something similar to a tie or a draw. BUT..... Here comes the unfair bit.......... There should not be something like a draw or tie (you get what I mean, Like when both alliances/players are left with pretty much nothing) so... There should be no such thing happening if one team has clearly more skill. And yet they ended up just in a stalling situation ONLY because the other alliance/player was boosting !!! (unfair)

Example 3: (last one) Lets say that there are two alliances/players , and one of them is just slightly more skilled , then using logic I am guessing that the one with the little more skill should win , right ? (yes) But only a slight difference in skill can be easily overcome by boosting , and THAT is VERY unfair.

So the conclusion I got using PURE LOGIC is that boosters get a very much considerable advantage. Of course , it is possible to beat a booster , but in order to do that you need to be MUCH better that him/her.

And what about the players who are just a bit better than their opponent ?
Of course they SHOULD win. But they can't because their opponent is boosting , which means that he/she can win having less skill.

Oh by the way , there is a difference between "PAY TO WIN" and "PAY TO PLAY" . I've just seen some of you mix it up. Personally I think that about 80% to 95% of the time BattleDawn is a PAY TO WIN game. That's why I don't really care if I loose because most of the time it's a booster that takes me out. I still play just for a laugh , even if it's unfair on people who don't boost.

Thanks for reading , hope it all made sense.

PS: I miss you RubberAmmo , hope you play soon. I agree with you about this boosting thing.

I know that usually there should be some kind of cool signature here , but I don't know how to make one , LOL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:09 am 
Major
Major

If everything broke down as simple as that you'd be right but there are many contributing factors. Overall you are right that boosters have an advantage, of course they do if they did not what would be the point of boosting? However it is not a large advantage and it can be overcome through various different avenues. Let's take for example your equal skill idea even then a non booster could pull it out by being more patient than their opponent or if the booster makes a mistake or they could pull in some help to combat the booster/divide his attention and army. Finally I will restate this, bd is far from a pay to win game in fact most of the people winning now are non boosters. The common and I mean very common idea is that this person with a lot of power or army or this or that is boosting when it may not be the case. (That issue has been around since I started even)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:38 am 
Captain
Captain

Korupt wrote:
If everything broke down as simple as that you'd be right but there are many contributing factors. Overall you are right that boosters have an advantage, of course they do if they did not what would be the point of boosting? However it is not a large advantage and it can be overcome through various different avenues. Let's take for example your equal skill idea even then a non booster could pull it out by being more patient than their opponent or if the booster makes a mistake or they could pull in some help to combat the booster/divide his attention and army. Finally I will restate this, bd is far from a pay to win game in fact most of the people winning now are non boosters. The common and I mean very common idea is that this person with a lot of power or army or this or that is boosting when it may not be the case. (That issue has been around since I started even)

I believe, Boosting is just a weapon that you can use to overcome your in-activity... but if you are too much inactive , don't through your money away

still tactics and skill will be key... I seen a player, who boosted too much reds, played good, but he did a mistake at end and lost all his RED ARMY :lol:

If you are new, you need some Reds/blues, an experienced team who can guide you on your each step ....... some of them must boost reds to keep balance and edge on others... atleast 80% of your team must be active 15+ hours a day... your team must have some skilled players... then you can win easily

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:56 pm 
Private
Private

Korupt wrote:

Well...

Partly I agree with you Korupt, yes boosters can be overcome by skill and activity.

But I disagree with you that boosters advantage is not large. The advantage is large, boosters can get 2 times more army in the same time if not more.

You said that someone could try to distract the players and so on... wait a minute, the booster can do the same and since he is boosting then he can beat the "someone" who is not boosting even if they have same "skill"

And when I said "equal skill" I meant equal skill. Not that some player could make a mistake and this and that and the other and such and so on.... NO

When I say SAME SKILL or EQUAL SKILL , I mean it, and I know it's impossible for two people to be the exact same but for the sake of this argument it makes perfect sense. (i like to use logic and think like a calculator even for living things such as people or this so called "skill" , because otherwise this argument could go on forever)

Anyway I still think that a booster's advantage is far from small.

And that even if you are TRULY better and more skilled, most of the time you will probably still loose against a player who's boosting. Although it is possible to win against a booster, you must be much more skilled and much more skilled so you must work WAY harder than the booster even if you're more skilled.

And that's what i find unfair.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:26 pm 
Major
Major

Well you didn't touch my statement that most players winning now are non boosters. :lol: As you said though there will never be players of equal skill and even if they are they could make a mistake that does not mean they are not close in skill just maybe one became tired and didn't do something he knew he should. As I said there are far too many factors in bd to ever say this person and this person are on a level playing field because even if we consider just those 2 activity could vary, knowledge of the game, strategy when fighting war, or one could be a diplomatic genius. They could be about equal in skill but even then they will have different strengths and weaknesses. All of that refutes your point before we even consider outside elements such as placement, allies, tricks up their sleeve ect.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next