It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Earth 5 Offical Rule set - Player Dicussion no trolling.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:28 pm 
Private
Private

Either way, lets get the era reset! I want to play me some E5!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

krazykingkyle wrote:
Either way, lets get the era reset! I want to play me some E5!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

I agree era reset is will be coming... Xp will not be turned off but will be on top of a few things.. I have one more rule I want to get defined out before I do this weekend we will get things rolling but it has to do with crystals and relics and what everyone been doing with them..

This is a war game and spoils can make or break solo world game... that being said greatest argument is its there crystals really there choice. My argument its a score based win in this solo so even if you can do what ever you cant use it to last minute boost peoples scores.

So defining a rule that will best sit for everyone and still stick to a general rule that everyone i will expect to follow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:44 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I really really have subs or empires or families or whatever they are called, but I agree in some cases it's nigh impossible to create rules that help against this and at the same time don't impact actual players too much. I haven't played E5 much, but back when I played SRB was the other major player on the server. I played 100% solo, didn't even have an alliance tag, and did manage to get R5 (pretty quickly too actually). ^ Just in response to someone saying you can't really get R5 without farming friends.

However.. The biggest problem is just what the difference is between a family or sub and an ally. If I were to play I would probably make allies, and we would fight together for a long time. If they are weaker than me, does that make them a sub? If they are stronger than me, does that make me a sub? If I am willing to give them my crystals for a while because I think that will make my colony less of a desirable target, does that make them farming me? It's all so hard to draw a line.. If I was playing an era like that, I would also try to find people ingame to jam for me and scan for me as energy is always so hard to come by when you don't boost. I won't ask people to place for me to do that, but what if they're already playing and offer it to me? What if they get inactive but want to just be able to build an army and in exchange jam for me every once in a while? It's a good deal for them as it will allow them to build in peace, and it's a good deal for me as I can save myself some energy. But it would make them look like a sub as well.

I wish I could offer more solutions, but I just see more and more problems popping up :\ One idea certainly could be to just check for alliance tags, that at least makes it slightly harder to organise sub empires. What about allowing people to be a whistleblower? Family coordination inevitable involves (large) skype chats, what if you would allow people to offer proof that way and reward those that actually helped with blues? I know you can already be rewarded with blues if you report farming and the likes, but if we can somehow incentivize whistleblowing so that when someone says they'll suicide or a be an energy farm and they can be linked to ingame colonies, those people actually get banned and the whistleblower gets a nice reward anonymously, that might at least make it more difficult to organise using large skype chats.

Most of all I wish there'd just be a change in mentality, where people aren't congratulated on winning if they did it with a sub empire. But since that is unlikely to happen, I think a good case could be made for incentivizing whistleblowing as much as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:47 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I actually said you can't get R5 without friends NOW - ie how E5 is at the moment....

less players than the old days Milanos - and the players who are getting R5 are in families made up of lots of the world.... If you ACTUALLY play solo - ie against the world you probably can get it .... but not if you sit on a continent with lots of your allies - which is where the R5 have been coming from...

Someone else said they got them on Fantasy too - repeat - I was talking specifically about E5 - as it runs now - and I was also talking about R5 in reasonable quantities NOT just the odd squad or unit....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Milanos wrote:
However.. The biggest problem is just what the difference is between a family or sub and an ally. If I were to play I would probably make allies, and we would fight together for a long time. If they are weaker than me, does that make them a sub? If they are stronger than me, does that make me a sub? If I am willing to give them my crystals for a while because I think that will make my colony less of a desirable target, does that make them farming me? It's all so hard to draw a line.. If I was playing an era like that, I would also try to find people ingame to jam for me and scan for me as energy is always so hard to come by when you don't boost. I won't ask people to place for me to do that, but what if they're already playing and offer it to me? What if they get inactive but want to just be able to build an army and in exchange jam for me every once in a while? It's a good deal for them as it will allow them to build in peace, and it's a good deal for me as I can save myself some energy. But it would make them look like a sub as well.

So you brought up something that going to be part of a rule test for this round to try out... This is a honor system people who want to abuse this will regret it.. but you can check the main part of the rules to see a test rule that only applies to E5 solo for this round

admin joe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:29 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Yes! lets get this started joe! I can't wait to see you work! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:56 am 
Private
Private

Make Solo a 12 hours per day game.
Pause tick Midnight to Noon GMT (example).
24/7 action prevents players from sleeping, working, or living.
It also prevents people from joining this demanding Solo Game.

- PLO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:03 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

andreH wrote:
Make Solo a 12 hours per day game.
Pause tick Midnight to Noon GMT (example).
24/7 action prevents players from sleeping, working, or living.
It also prevents people from joining this demanding Solo Game.

- PLO

People are at different time zones , so this wouldnt work , wouldnt be fair to those who have to play during a bad time , due to the reset.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 am 
Private
Private

Well just do it when you know the least amount of players are online? o.O

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:31 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

its still unfair.

coming from an Australian point of view, I get home at 4pm. For Americans, it pretty well ranges from 10pm-2am. The game would be paused then, so the majority of the game could get sleep. But when I sleep, they are up and about.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next