It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Schoolyard Era (CPM point of view)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:49 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Propably a bit late, but time to tell the story from my point of view..

Due to my inactivity at the start, we had a very,very bad start.
We were supposed to be one of the stronger alliances from the start, but started out as underdogs instead. I joined at tick 68 and found my alliance with no territory, no allies, no nothing. We had about 7 members, from which only 5 actually still cared about this era. In my absence, The Oracle Of Apollo, Jack, took control of the alliance along with Alexander V I think. They decided to troll, placing in the wrong spot, choosing fake names etc. After they planted, they never logged on at all, the entire era. The team I picked gave up, and only GameOver, CM, Oz, Mig, Fflam and Demon Lord kept playing. Our team was 7 actives, 2 inactives.

Had to find replacements and fast. Kenny from KILT offered us a new location to build a hive, and we started preparations to relocate there. We managed to pick up Beauthesupremeone and Lord Cumming (LC). 2 amazingly active members that proved to be very important to us! CM also knew a guy in TS that would switch to us, Muha (first Incontrol Watching) We now had me, GameOver, CM, Oz, Mig, Fflam, LC, Beau, Demon Lord and Muha. 10 members, out of 12 possible.

LAMP then declared war on us, being about 3x our power. They were #1 alliance, while we were sitting at #11. Due to incredible activity from my team, we managed to win that war, gaining large amounts of territory and score. Firemanpete and Fatboii also joined us, finally filling up our team with active members. Relics also dropped after the war, being very fortunate for us, as we were in position to immediately secure 3. After all of this, we were comfortably #1 alliance.

We made a deal with OC then to hand them rank 2, in exchange for their relic. Giving us 4 relics. FTW then threatened OC and took their relic, pulling us into war with them. FTW now had 2 relics, which we were planning on both taking now. (5 relics) After a good start from OC, FTW lost a lot of armies and were done for. We were moving in towards the relics, and BME pretty much vultured their relics. 2 relics. While we were NAPped and in negotiations for extending it. Needless to say, this was a cause of hostility from our side.

In the next few days, I was inactive (again, quite a lot this era :( ) and CM handled negotiations for me. When I returned, the team was itching to go to war with BME. In my absence, xVx disbanded, pretty much giving BME more free relics, BME attacked us after we beat them to a relic (Simen refusing to turn because he launched first, even though we beat his eta), Pete and Rania getting into a discussion about Training Bases (even though she had one closer to our hive) where she proceeds to nuking and attacking us. She even send messages claiming she is not afraid to start a war

All of this were pretty much reasons for us to go to war with BME. We bad resolved a NAP untill tick 1000. When I returned, there were discussions in our chat about BME. I decided not to war them. But was of course, very pissed at them for everything they had done so far. I sniped one of their members, refusing to turn. He then launches his army at my origin, threatening to kill 4-5? squads of mine. I defended it after Simen made it clear that the member won't turn. Needless to say, this blatant attempt at killing my squads made me revoke my decision not to war them. We had been setting up anti-spam prior to this for safety measures and proceeded to jamming BME and spamming them.

The first day of the war started out badly for us, due to us spamming with anti-spam and not being fully prepared. BME meanwhile, had plenty of spam and anti-spam ready. So I am almost sure the NAP wouldn't have held untill tick 1000 anyways. We were merely the first to break it. (Yes, we, CPM broke the nap. But to call it backstabbing is ridiculous, seeing as you were pretty much inviting hostility from our side) We lost a lot of territory.

After that slow initial start, it was a different story, we started pushing and gaining lots of ground. Their activity dropped while ours went up. After Muha killed several armies in the west, me and him started rushing the west. I think I captured about 50-60 ops in one long, long night. By the time morning came the entire western continent had fallen and was secured. We started our initial push to recapture the center continent. Then MoDE happened.

During all of this, our only ally this era, OC, pretty much bailed on us. We had agreed to a 1vs1 with BME. And OC was going to take out FTW. When they moved to attack FTW (they were hived up with BME, like all of the alliances we defeated this era. BME sheltering ALL of them) BME members repeatedly messaged them, telling them they are breaking the 1vs1, etc etc. They were all scared of that happening. We told OC to only attack FTW.

MoDE then declared war on OC. OC started focussing on another era, pretty much dying to MoDE with no effort at all. Losing territory without razing. (Personally imo, this is how we lost the era. We gave OC 2 relics of ours to keep as part of a deal with BME. OC stopped caring about the era, losing our relics) The crucial part of them costing us this era, is that they were hived up with us. So when they lost territory, MoDE gained territory inside of our entire network.

MoDE then proceeded to taking the OC relics. I tried to stop them from taking them, seeing as they were actually our relics that we had to loan to OC as part of a deal with BME. We agreed upon them taking 1 relic, we taking 1 relic. MoDE accepted NOT moving the relics away. The very next day, the leader starts ignoring me, and moving the relic to his continent.

By then it was obvious they were going to help BME, I just thought they would hand the relics over to BME. After seeing the relic enter into what was MoDE and BME's territory, they immediately backstabbed. After ignoring me on skype, after ignoring my in game messages, the leader was the first to start spamming. I had actually even asked them to atleast raze the ops inside of our territory, start the war fair. Also ignored.

So after we started pushing center island, our entire hive was being spammed from the inside. We were about to lose our entire network. Hell, MoDE even had gates eta 3 from our colonies. We lost half our network (again, due to amazing activity, we managed to hold up pretty well).
It was my call to attack BME regardless of MoDE.

Back to the center island, a big battle cost both us and BME a large number of squads. Weakening us a lot. At this point we started rushing to find more allies (OC had already died and failed us) FF became a ally, but they proved to be inactive other than Anima. MPC, FONX became allies and we hived near them.

More of BME's allies started joining in, TS, BNE.
From winning the war, we were suddenly on the backfoot. We still fought bravely and I have to credit the amazing team I had for this. They never gave up untill the era was completely lost.

FF fell quickly to MoDE, and once MoDE rejoined the war and started pushing, the combined power of BME and MoDE was too much for us. It was impossible for us to hold on any longer.

If BME kept their 1vs1, or if OC had decided to actually make a effort.. The era propably would have been different. Props to MoDE, eventhough they backstabbed us, they proved to be a much more active/better team than BME. I wasn't around for the era end as I had already quit by then, but hearing that MoDE gave BME the relics and let them win is a bit of a dissapointment.

And my apologies to my team, it wasn't my best era as leader. Inactivity during crucial times made this era harder than it already was. CM helped me out A LOT, being a better leader than I was.

I've played with great people, some I had already fought against. In my opinion, the schoolyard event part of the era was succesful.
I played with new people, which was after all the goal of it I think.

Beauthesupremeone, Muha, Lord Cumming, Conquering Menstural, Firemanpete, Oz , Demon Lord , Fatboii , Gameover , Fflamddwyn , MiG, Kenny and James. All of them were in the alliance at one point and helping us out, big thank you for your efforts and sorry I couldn't get us the win. It was a huge amount of fun playing with you guys, hope to play again with you at some point in the future :)

Congrats BME on your win, although I still think CPM was the better alliance ;)

Families:
CME

Former Families
UI, FPM, BoS, SAIL,

Wins:

FPM 3x
CME 2x
Milk 1x
BoS 1x
SAIL 1x

Post subject: Re: Schoolyard Era (CPM point of view)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:51 pm 
Captain
Captain

Silentden007 wrote:
Propably a bit late, but time to tell the story from my point of view..

Due to my inactivity at the start, we had a very,very bad start.
We were supposed to be one of the stronger alliances from the start, but started out as underdogs instead. I joined at tick 68 and found my alliance with no territory, no allies, no nothing. We had about 7 members, from which only 5 actually still cared about this era. In my absence, The Oracle Of Apollo, Jack, took control of the alliance along with Alexander V I think. They decided to troll, placing in the wrong spot, choosing fake names etc. After they planted, they never logged on at all, the entire era. The team I picked gave up, and only GameOver, CM, Oz, Mig, Fflam and Demon Lord kept playing. Our team was 7 actives, 2 inactives.

Had to find replacements and fast. Kenny from KILT offered us a new location to build a hive, and we started preparations to relocate there. We managed to pick up Beauthesupremeone and Lord Cumming (LC). 2 amazingly active members that proved to be very important to us! CM also knew a guy in TS that would switch to us, Muha (first Incontrol Watching) We now had me, GameOver, CM, Oz, Mig, Fflam, LC, Beau, Demon Lord and Muha. 10 members, out of 12 possible.

LAMP then declared war on us, being about 3x our power. They were #1 alliance, while we were sitting at #11. Due to incredible activity from my team, we managed to win that war, gaining large amounts of territory and score. Firemanpete and Fatboii also joined us, finally filling up our team with active members. Relics also dropped after the war, being very fortunate for us, as we were in position to immediately secure 3. After all of this, we were comfortably #1 alliance.

We made a deal with OC then to hand them rank 2, in exchange for their relic. Giving us 4 relics. FTW then threatened OC and took their relic, pulling us into war with them. FTW now had 2 relics, which we were planning on both taking now. (5 relics) After a good start from OC, FTW lost a lot of armies and were done for. We were moving in towards the relics, and BME pretty much vultured their relics. 2 relics. While we were NAPped and in negotiations for extending it. Needless to say, this was a cause of hostility from our side.

In the next few days, I was inactive (again, quite a lot this era :( ) and CM handled negotiations for me. When I returned, the team was itching to go to war with BME. In my absence, xVx disbanded, pretty much giving BME more free relics, BME attacked us after we beat them to a relic (Simen refusing to turn because he launched first, even though we beat his eta), Pete and Rania getting into a discussion about Training Bases (even though she had one closer to our hive) where she proceeds to nuking and attacking us. She even send messages claiming she is not afraid to start a war

All of this were pretty much reasons for us to go to war with BME. We bad resolved a NAP untill tick 1000. When I returned, there were discussions in our chat about BME. I decided not to war them. But was of course, very pissed at them for everything they had done so far. I sniped one of their members, refusing to turn. He then launches his army at my origin, threatening to kill 4-5? squads of mine. I defended it after Simen made it clear that the member won't turn. Needless to say, this blatant attempt at killing my squads made me revoke my decision not to war them. We had been setting up anti-spam prior to this for safety measures and proceeded to jamming BME and spamming them.

The first day of the war started out badly for us, due to us spamming with anti-spam and not being fully prepared. BME meanwhile, had plenty of spam and anti-spam ready. So I am almost sure the NAP wouldn't have held untill tick 1000 anyways. We were merely the first to break it. (Yes, we, CPM broke the nap. But to call it backstabbing is ridiculous, seeing as you were pretty much inviting hostility from our side) We lost a lot of territory.

After that slow initial start, it was a different story, we started pushing and gaining lots of ground. Their activity dropped while ours went up. After Muha killed several armies in the west, me and him started rushing the west. I think I captured about 50-60 ops in one long, long night. By the time morning came the entire western continent had fallen and was secured. We started our initial push to recapture the center continent. Then MoDE happened.

During all of this, our only ally this era, OC, pretty much bailed on us. We had agreed to a 1vs1 with BME. And OC was going to take out FTW. When they moved to attack FTW (they were hived up with BME, like all of the alliances we defeated this era. BME sheltering ALL of them) BME members repeatedly messaged them, telling them they are breaking the 1vs1, etc etc. They were all scared of that happening. We told OC to only attack FTW.

MoDE then declared war on OC. OC started focussing on another era, pretty much dying to MoDE with no effort at all. Losing territory without razing. (Personally imo, this is how we lost the era. We gave OC 2 relics of ours to keep as part of a deal with BME. OC stopped caring about the era, losing our relics) The crucial part of them costing us this era, is that they were hived up with us. So when they lost territory, MoDE gained territory inside of our entire network.

MoDE then proceeded to taking the OC relics. I tried to stop them from taking them, seeing as they were actually our relics that we had to loan to OC as part of a deal with BME. We agreed upon them taking 1 relic, we taking 1 relic. MoDE accepted NOT moving the relics away. The very next day, the leader starts ignoring me, and moving the relic to his continent.

By then it was obvious they were going to help BME, I just thought they would hand the relics over to BME. After seeing the relic enter into what was MoDE and BME's territory, they immediately backstabbed. After ignoring me on skype, after ignoring my in game messages, the leader was the first to start spamming. I had actually even asked them to atleast raze the ops inside of our territory, start the war fair. Also ignored.

So after we started pushing center island, our entire hive was being spammed from the inside. We were about to lose our entire network. Hell, MoDE even had gates eta 3 from our colonies. We lost half our network (again, due to amazing activity, we managed to hold up pretty well).
It was my call to attack BME regardless of MoDE.

Back to the center island, a big battle cost both us and BME a large number of squads. Weakening us a lot. At this point we started rushing to find more allies (OC had already died and failed us) FF became a ally, but they proved to be inactive other than Anima. MPC, FONX became allies and we hived near them.

More of BME's allies started joining in, TS, BNE.
From winning the war, we were suddenly on the backfoot. We still fought bravely and I have to credit the amazing team I had for this. They never gave up untill the era was completely lost.

FF fell quickly to MoDE, and once MoDE rejoined the war and started pushing, the combined power of BME and MoDE was too much for us. It was impossible for us to hold on any longer.

If BME kept their 1vs1, or if OC had decided to actually make a effort.. The era propably would have been different. Props to MoDE, eventhough they backstabbed us, they proved to be a much more active/better team than BME. I wasn't around for the era end as I had already quit by then, but hearing that MoDE gave BME the relics and let them win is a bit of a dissapointment.

And my apologies to my team, it wasn't my best era as leader. Inactivity during crucial times made this era harder than it already was. CM helped me out A LOT, being a better leader than I was.

I've played with great people, some I had already fought against. In my opinion, the schoolyard event part of the era was succesful.
I played with new people, which was after all the goal of it I think.

Beauthesupremeone, Muha, Lord Cumming, Conquering Menstural, Firemanpete, Oz , Demon Lord , Fatboii , Gameover , Fflamddwyn , MiG, Kenny and James. All of them were in the alliance at one point and helping us out, big thank you for your efforts and sorry I couldn't get us the win. It was a huge amount of fun playing with you guys, hope to play again with you at some point in the future :)

Congrats BME on your win, although I still think CPM was the better alliance ;)

Always a shame when the better alliance loses isnt it. This one I really didnt read since I was sort of on your side xVx and OC :lol:

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:16 pm 
Major
Major

I'd say it is a bit hard to say you had the better alliance. BME fought all era while except for Lamp (which essentially just imploded like xVx) you just had to sit and build especially after you took the relics. BME had been fighting since before tick 100 I believe and that definitely wears on an alliance so in my opinion to discredit what they did in the era so casually is just a bit off and maybe showing a bit of resentment still.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:58 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Korupt wrote:
I'd say it is a bit hard to say you had the better alliance. BME fought all era while except for Lamp (which essentially just imploded like xVx) you just had to sit and build especially after you took the relics. BME had been fighting since before tick 100 I believe and that definitely wears on an alliance so in my opinion to discredit what they did in the era so casually is just a bit off and maybe showing a bit of resentment still.

No we didn't just sit there all era? Right from tick 1 VD's alliance (LAMP) supressed us and we were inactive. We countered some of their hits on our ops which led to an early war with them, which we suprisingly won. As soon as they fell, we went straight in to another war with FTW as relics came out soon after our war with LAMP finished, and it was relics that caused us to fight a war with FTW. By the time we beat FTW, BME were done with KILT, else I don't think they would have tried to vulture our relics knowing they would have to fight a war with KILT and CPM. It was only after our war with FTW did we ever get a rest period. I'm not sure what BME did during this time, they seemed to counter a lot of our spams positions so I can't say they must have been doing all that much. Then BME decided to war xVx, but you can barely call that a war, xVx disabanded and BME gained quite a bit from this. Then came the war between CPM and BME.

So to say to say we just sat and build is an insult to the effort all of us put in to the era I would say :/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:51 pm 
Major
Major

starwa7s wrote:
Korupt wrote:

No we didn't just sit there all era? Right from tick 1 VD's alliance (LAMP) supressed us and we were inactive. We countered some of their hits on our ops which led to an early war with them, which we suprisingly won. As soon as they fell, we went straight in to another war with FTW as relics came out soon after our war with LAMP finished, and it was relics that caused us to fight a war with FTW. By the time we beat FTW, BME were done with KILT, else I don't think they would have tried to vulture our relics knowing they would have to fight a war with KILT and CPM. It was only after our war with FTW did we ever get a rest period. I'm not sure what BME did during this time, they seemed to counter a lot of our spams positions so I can't say they must have been doing all that much. Then BME decided to war xVx, but you can barely call that a war, xVx disabanded and BME gained quite a bit from this. Then came the war between CPM and BME.

So to say to say we just sat and build is an insult to the effort all of us put in to the era I would say :/

Maybe now you see a bit what it feels like? ;) In the very beginning you were still just a cluster with no territory or anything really so there wasn't much fighting Lamp then. A little later on you and Lamp collided on an op which I believe Lamp won that battle even though because of losses I'd say no side won. At that point Lamp still had more territory and income than you guys (unless you add in boosting) so if they would have continued to play they most likely would have won simply due to the fact they could rebuild faster. That was not to be the case though and Pete left them which gave you guys a strong foothold in the center bottom island and after Pete left Lamp stopped playing (at least how it looked). As for FTW, OC really is the one that did the fighting there in my opinion since after all they killed the majority of their armies. All CPM had to do was spam some ops and maybe a little clean up but OC was the one to take out a large chunk of their armies. What did BME gain from the war with xVx really? Most of their players went to enemies like OC, they gained basically 0 ops since xVx razed everything. I will give you that BME gained the relics but as for territory, ops, crystals, conquers, and mines they gained basically nothing.
Both sides did well and my point is BME can say this is what you did just as you say that is what we did and BME is undeserving while Mode did better and deserved the win but you have no idea what really went on nor what BME had to do throughout the round. So to make such a comment is disrespectful, BME earned their win and they fought all era for it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:18 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I don't think I have said BME were undeserving of their win though :lol:

While I am upset that BME and MODE didn't fight it out, since MODE showed they could fight like a top alliance, we never actually got to fight MODE 1v1. When MODE attacked us we weren't prepared for it, like we were with BME which is why we fell apart so quickly soon after they started attacking. If it was MODE in place of BME though things could have been different, we could have prepared and they might have been beatable. Unfortunatly we were overwhelmed so there was little we could do to them.

BME did do well for the era :) They showed they were a top alliance. I have to say CPM and MODE did too though, so the era would have been a lot more fun if all these alliances had fought for the top spot rather than 2 of them team up against 1.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:27 pm 
Major
Major

starwa7s wrote:
I don't think I have said BME were undeserving of their win though :lol:

While I am upset that BME and MODE didn't fight it out, since MODE showed they could fight like a top alliance, we never actually got to fight MODE 1v1. When MODE attacked us we weren't prepared for it, like we were with BME which is why we fell apart so quickly soon after they started attacking. If it was MODE in place of BME though things could have been different, we could have prepared and they might have been beatable. Unfortunatly we were overwhelmed so there was little we could do to them.

BME did do well for the era :) They showed they were a top alliance. I have to say CPM and MODE did too though, so the era would have been a lot more fun if all these alliances had fought for the top spot rather than 2 of them team up against 1.

You are right I have never seen you say that but some of your teammates did and others implied it. That is why I made the original post and I didn't address you :P BME versus Mode would have been a fun fight but I think neither side really wanted to drag it out any longer. Mode did not intend to play the round and BME was tired from fighting strong alliance's. Although the last few days war did almost break out between them. :lol: CPM did well and should be proud of what they accomplished as should BME and that is all I want to see. I hate when I see members from either side say they destroyed the other or they played better or any other garbage like that. That is why I have even yelled at BME players. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:09 pm 
Captain
Captain

I wasnt saying they are better by performance. BME outperformed them, I just personally believe CPM had better players.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:31 pm 
Major
Major

Wasn't addressing you either Slinky :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:34 pm 
Captain
Captain

Harley needs to get back on forums then

Retired NEWS Reporter.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next