It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sniping... just part of the game
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:08 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

In a former post ("The Art of Sniping"), I stated my opinion about sniping. In fact, it became a negative post, where accusations, insults, humiliations, and patronizing behaviour became more important than the subject. So lets do it differently this time..

I gave it another thought, and I came to the conclusion that it's just part of the game, so accept that it can happen, and prepare that - when you are sniped - it won't happen again next time.
So what should we ALL do.. Just wait till the last minute before the tick to launch. If someone launched earlier, you have the advantage to send additional units.. You can only blame yourself when someone sends more than you do.. Problem solved..
Why not launch as soon as you see the target or right after the tick? Well, you can, but you should be prepared that someone else can send more. After all, you can only claim a target at ETA 2 when you're the only one on your way to the target (and you sent enough to defeat the units of the target).

Post subject: Re: Sniping... just part of the game
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:24 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Quote:
In a former post ("The Art of Sniping"), I stated my opinion about sniping. In fact, it became a negative post, where accusations, insults, humiliations, and patronizing behaviour became more important than the subject. So lets do it differently this time..

Maybe you should invest in buying a dog or cat. They will give you attention that you're seeking.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:44 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Anarchist69x wrote:
Quote:

Maybe you should invest in buying a dog or cat. They will give you attention that you're seeking.

Nice contribution to the topic. I already have cats and dogs :lol: Now to the point... What do you think about it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:07 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Its standard protocol. Send end of tick or beginning of tick, you either dont snipe, or if you wanna snipe, send more end of tick. Sniping isn't such a big of a deal.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:59 am 
Corporal
Corporal

mfreak wrote:
Its standard protocol. Send end of tick or beginning of tick, you either dont snipe, or if you wanna snipe, send more end of tick. Sniping isn't such a big of a deal.

Well... for a lot of people it is. They get mad, and often it's the reason for a war. People dislike each other because of sniping behaviour.
And "it's standard protocol"... for YOU it is, but for a lot of ppl it isn't. Look at all the bc's about it.
I think it's just a mindset: when you know it can happen, accept it and prepare.. send more at the start of a new tick so it isn't interesting or possible for another to send more than you do.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:21 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Sniping can be used to trigger a war. But war has to be for strategic reasons, not because you are mad. People who BC about it and whine imo are just not ready to take on competition.

So if you already have a solution, whats the point of the thread? Yes, you always send more just so that you cant be sniped. Thats standard protocol, nothing new there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:35 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

sniping was always a part of game it happens in every era and world

and yes i know the people who really get mad on it..........

but this also opens the door that whoever will be powerful will always win and i really don't wanna snip on any alliance powerful than me or they will just kick me out of the game :oops: ......

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:43 am 
Corporal
Corporal

mfreak wrote:
Sniping can be used to trigger a war. But war has to be for strategic reasons, not because you are mad. People who BC about it and whine imo are just not ready to take on competition.

So if you already have a solution, whats the point of the thread? Yes, you always send more just so that you cant be sniped. Thats standard protocol, nothing new there.

The point is you can't deny that the majority of the players get annoyed when they are sniped. Otherwise, why is it used to trigger a war.. Nothing standard protocol about it. You're supposed not to snipe. ppl don't accept it. But when the mindset is different, you won't be annoyed anymore, it won't be a trigger for war anymore, and you can play the game with more joy. That's what I'm trying to achieve. That ppl look at things from another perspective.

But Allen, you made your point, and I appreciate it. I'm sure lots of other people has an opinion about this too. I'm also interested in their opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:57 am 
Corporal
Corporal

SARTHAKROCKS02 wrote:

but this also opens the door that whoever will be powerful will always win and i really don't wanna snip on any alliance powerful than me or they will just kick me out of the game :oops: ......

It's no secret that I got mad in the past about it and start doing it to ppl because they did it to me. I had negative feelings about sniping, because I didn't accept it. From this (for me) new point of view, it's easy to accept it, and you won't get annoyed. If everyone has the same mindset, you won't be kicked out of the game by a stronger ally. Just tell them that they should do it too, and may the strongest attacker win.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:05 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Beastyboy wrote:
SARTHAKROCKS02 wrote:

It's no secret that I got mad in the past about it and start doing it to ppl because they did it to me. I had negative feelings about sniping, because I didn't accept it. From this (for me) new point of view, it's easy to accept it, and you won't get annoyed. If everyone has the same mindset, you won't be kicked out of the game by a stronger ally. Just tell them that they should do it too, and may the strongest attacker win.

no matter what dude bigger is always right and smaller wrong that one of the unwritten rule of the game but yes really wanna get of that sniping frustration.........

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next