It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Sniping... just part of the game
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:10 am 
Corporal
Corporal

SARTHAKROCKS02 wrote:
Beastyboy wrote:
SARTHAKROCKS02 wrote:
sniping was always a part of game it happens in every era and world

and yes i know the people who really get mad on it..........

but this also opens the door that whoever will be powerful will always win and i really don't wanna snip on any alliance powerful than me or they will just kick me out of the game :oops: ......

It's no secret that I got mad in the past about it and start doing it to ppl because they did it to me. I had negative feelings about sniping, because I didn't accept it. From this (for me) new point of view, it's easy to accept it, and you won't get annoyed. If everyone has the same mindset, you won't be kicked out of the game by a stronger ally. Just tell them that they should do it too, and may the strongest attacker win.

no matter what dude bigger is always right and smaller wrong that one of the unwritten rule of the game but yes really wanna get of that sniping frustration.........

So start doing it, and convince ppl that its totally acceptable. You won't be frustrated anymore :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:26 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

So the point of the thread is to change people's mindset? What am trying to say, is that experienced folks already know when they are sniped, whether its done on purpose or accident. Everyone does have an issue with sniping, even I do, but its not THAT big of a deal to actually talk about and attempt to change mindsets. Its an ingame strategy. Ive had leaders tell me - "Start sniping them" just to start a war. So we could win and it is perfectly fair in my opinion. Ive had sniping done to me by others, without any reason, in which cases, territorial deals have been worked out just to keep competition at bay.

And yes to avoid sniping, or to win a sniping contest, you do send more so you win the battle, there is nothing new there.

Now as far as your intentions to change the way people look at sniping is concerned, its already there - people know. Maybe you think they dont, but people know how to look at sniping...(I dont know how to put it in a better way)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:10 am 
Corporal
Corporal

mfreak wrote:
So the point of the thread is to change people's mindset? What am trying to say, is that experienced folks already know when they are sniped, whether its done on purpose or accident. Everyone does have an issue with sniping, even I do, but its not THAT big of a deal to actually talk about and attempt to change mindsets. Its an ingame strategy. Ive had leaders tell me - "Start sniping them" just to start a war. So we could win and it is perfectly fair in my opinion. Ive had sniping done to me by others, without any reason, in which cases, territorial deals have been worked out just to keep competition at bay.

And yes to avoid sniping, or to win a sniping contest, you do send more so you win the battle, there is nothing new there.

Now as far as your intentions to change the way people look at sniping is concerned, its already there - people know. Maybe you think they dont, but people know how to look at sniping...(I dont know how to put it in a better way)

I agree but to add to this sniping is the only way some times. If someone launches a 5 plus tick attack they are asking to be sniped. Early game it is like here I am don't snipe me please even though you are closer. Late game it is kill me please.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:12 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Now as far as your intentions to change the way people look at sniping is concerned, its already there - people know. Maybe you think they dont, but people know how to look at sniping...(I dont know how to put it in a better way)[/quote]
mfreak wrote:
So the point of the thread is to change people's mindset?

Right, well.. an attempt..
mfreak wrote:
What am trying to say, is that experienced folks already know when they are sniped, whether its done on purpose or accident. Everyone does have an issue with sniping, even I do, but its not THAT big of a deal to actually talk about and attempt to change mindsets.

"...experienced people already know when they are sniped"
Even unexperienced :lol:

"Everyone does have an issue with sniping..."
Well, not with another mindset..

"...but its not THAT big of a deal to actually talk about and attempt to change mindsets..."
Well, that's your personal opinion. It's subjective. Looking at the way ppl behave, that it annoys people, and spoils their gameplay, I think it's a valid attempt to make people look at it differently..

"And yes to avoid sniping, or to win a sniping contest, you do send more so you win the battle, there is nothing new there."
Yeah... that's obvious.. If everybody accept it easily, without getting annoyed, it cannot be used anymore as a strategic weapon to provoke a war.

So next time, snipe me as much as you can, because I will do the same to you :lol: Don't get angry. Just accept that you should have sent more...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:28 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

EosAStar wrote:
I agree but to add to this sniping is the only way some times. If someone launches a 5 plus tick attack they are asking to be sniped. Early game it is like here I am don't snipe me please even though you are closer. Late game it is kill me please.

Agree..uneven eta is asking to be sniped. Don't whine about it... and even don't whine about it when it's the same eta.. If you think you'll lose it or expect too many loses, you can always recall.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:29 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Even unexperienced :lol:

Quote everything in context. I said:

experienced folks already know when they are sniped, whether its done on purpose or accident

Quote:
Well, that's your personal opinion. It's subjective. Looking at the way ppl behave, that it annoys people, and spoils their gameplay, I think it's a valid attempt to make people look at it differently..

It does annoy people. And sometimes thats the motive for sniping.

Quote:
So next time, snipe me as much as you can, because I will do the same to you :lol: Don't get angry. Just accept that you should have sent more...

Sure :). I never get sniped that easily :D. I have squads ready to send more and I always send end of tick so its you who should be careful :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:55 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

mfreak wrote:
Sure :). I never get sniped that easily :D. I have squads ready to send more and I always send end of tick so its you who should be careful :D

Well.. everybody should :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:18 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Experienced players know that sniping is part of the game and prepare for it ahead of time. Always be ready to send more than a single squad to a conquer in case an ally or enemy decides to send as well you can beat them. If you do this to an ally just have the decency to recall if he sent first.

If you're complaining about someone sniping you when you send on a long attack you can't fault anyone but yourself or your alliance for not having gates scattered evenly. From personal experience it's always good to have a gate within 5-6 eta range of one another so that everything within that area is 3-4 eta range for maximum potential of capturing everything the fastest.

Although I'd like there to be a concept added to prevent sniping it's actually a useful tactic against enemies or people you particularly don't like. Again, if you're doing it to allies just refresh and make sure nobody attacks first so that there isn't a problem. If someone sends after just mail them asking to turn since you sent first. Odds are they'll turn if not well that's your choice if you want conflict or to remain friends/allies.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2