It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:25 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

liran wrote:
The upcoming update for SuperMechs will include the following changes:

1) Players' level range will be reduced to 30, to make online battles more accessible to all players ( The current level 30 before the update will more or less be equal to the new level 20 ) .

2) A player's match making level cannot be lower then his XP level.

I am really torn on this. I can see how it would help find fights easier. BUT i and others worked really hard to get to lvl 100+. There should be some kind of recognition for those players. also its awesome to be able to fight on different levels and use different builds.
if the level cap is 30 and that's all you can play on i see about 1000 people all with basically the same exact build.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:33 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Lorinser021 wrote:
if the level cap is 30 and that's all you can play on i see about 1000 people all with basically the same exact build.

No, for that the fusion will be added. Every fuse will make your weapons more strong even when it still looks like the original one.

I'd like to say: This update will change a lot and it will be a completely different gameplay. What I would like to ask for is: take a look when its in, play it, and tell us what you like/ don't like.

Keep in mind that the game is beta for now and that means that a lot can change and will change till we (the players and our staff team) will be satisfied.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:53 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

How long till this is implemented? :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

No ETA yet

We are working on the last issues and right after that we'll bring some new life and action into SM with this 8-)

Personally, I love the fusion stuff and can't wait till you can use them too..
Like Liran said, we will have to balance most likely some other features but we'll work it out. I count on you guys with this :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:21 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

liran wrote:
1) Players' level range will be reduced to 30, to make online battles more accessible to all players ( The current level 30 before the update will more or less be equal to the new level 20 ) .

So, matchmaking cap is yet again rised. This makes 2 out of my 5 mechs obselete (my lvl20 mech and my lvl28 mech). >_<
liran wrote:
2) A player's match making level cannot be lower then his XP level.

I'm currently lvl86, so basically i can only battle players who's lvl is 85+? Yay, only kit battels then... -_-
liran wrote:
3) Rare, Epic and Legendary items will be added to the game, and they can all be attained using SuperMechs Credits.

That i actually like. Though, are Epic and Legendary items completely new items or just "upgraded" version of the common item?
liran wrote:
4) Adding a Fusion Core in the workshop screen to upgrade torsos, legs, side weapons and top weapons up to level 11. Upgraded torsos will receive additional HP and the rest will receive a bonus to their damage.
Coloring of items will be automatic, depending on the upgrade level of each item.

So, no more black mechs then? >_< I love my black mechs and i'd hate to see my mechs colorful as a rainbow.
And why up to lvl11, why not lvl10 or lvl15? 11 isn't the nicest number though.
liran wrote:
5) Selling items to the shop will not be available anymore. Instead, every item that is no longer in use can be used to upgrade another item in the Fusion Core.

Does it matter what item was used as a "raw material" in fusion core to upgrade exsisting item or not? If it does matter then to me, it's going from bad to worse. If it doesn't (e.g. i can use my obselete mech parts, including torsos to upgrade my existing items) then it's fine.
But what about kits? Are those upgradable as well? If not, then what i'm supposed to do when i accidentally bought the wrong one? Am i stuck with it until i use it? You basically can say the same about modules (including drones), am i able to get rid of them if i don't want them?
Though, i'm skeptical about this since not able to sell items anymore doesn't sound good for me.
liran wrote:
6) IMPORTANT! All items' levels and stats have been changed, and from this update and on you wont be able to equip an item in a higher level then your own XP level. All players will get to keep ALL the items they will have before the update, but the items will be different and you will be required to rethink your mech's build.

Saw few times few mechs who were higher lvl than player lvl, thought that to be a bug. Didn't make much difference in battle though.
And about reconfigurating item values, for that, i first have to see the end result before i'd give my feedback. Nothing to say in advance here.

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:35 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

liran wrote:
"So in order to fight someone now I have to fight a player lvl 83 or higher? and if that's the case players wither a player lvl higher than mine won't be able to fight me. So I'm going to have to wait for players close to my level to be online to fight me?"

There is no level 83 anymore :)

There is a cap of level 30, and the XP required to get there is more or less like the XP required to get to the existing level 50.

And the new level 30 will be able to fight a level 26 as well, so the range of optional battles is much higher then you think. And the strength difference of items between levels is much lower then what it used to be so a level 26 does stand a good chance against a level 30, especially with rare items.

Aeacus read this. It explains 1 and 2 in more depth.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:48 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I like the idea of fusion weapons, that sounds like something in Japanese RPG :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:23 am 
Captain
Captain

If I had an EMP launcher that did 40 damage at level 20 something and 30 energy damage. Im pretty sure I'd own everyone :lol:

Edit: Would energy and heat shields be standard level 1 now and you can't buy other ones just upgrade? Also does this apply to drones, modules and kits too? I can understand if it doesnt apply to kits but I can see it applying to everything else.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:21 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

starwa7s wrote:
liran wrote:
"So in order to fight someone now I have to fight a player lvl 83 or higher? and if that's the case players wither a player lvl higher than mine won't be able to fight me. So I'm going to have to wait for players close to my level to be online to fight me?"

There is no level 83 anymore :)

There is a cap of level 30, and the XP required to get there is more or less like the XP required to get to the existing level 50.

And the new level 30 will be able to fight a level 26 as well, so the range of optional battles is much higher then you think. And the strength difference of items between levels is much lower then what it used to be so a level 26 does stand a good chance against a level 30, especially with rare items.

Aeacus read this. It explains 1 and 2 in more depth.

It does explain it more but it still doesn't change the fact that 1) 2 of my mechs will be obselete and 2) there's no word about higher lvl player being able to battle with lower lvl players.

Unless current player lvls get changed. No more lvl max of 150, the max will be lvl30, and everyone will start from lvl1. But that doesn't make any sense.

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Aeacus wrote:

Unless current player lvls get changed. No more lvl max of 150, the max will be lvl30, and everyone will start from lvl1. But that doesn't make any sense.

--
Aeacus

Current player lvls will get changed. The max will no longer be level 150, but changed to level 30. I'm not sure they'll put as all back to level one, more change our current levels according to what they they think suitable in the new level range. If we do have to start from level one though, I wouldn't mind :D with such a big change it would be nice to start over again, so long as we get to keep all our items (which they have already said they will let us do).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next