It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:56 pm 
Major
Major

starwa7s wrote:
One problem is the item boxes only give you items around your level. I have a level 22 build, I would like to see what more I could get for it, but it's already well enough equipped to have gotten a 100 kill streak (188 if you count a bug out).

Thing is it's taken me 88 wins to be able to afford 1 items box. So players who do pass through my level will only have a chance to get 4-5 item boxes max. I have 9 rare, legendary and epic items attached to my build. Unless you've got the items previously for this level, nobody is going to be able to beat me.

Up to now the only guy coming close to beating me is cilius. However the more I win the more I begin to snowball this level, because of the fusion core. All my weapons are already level 4 or above, my torso is level 6, and the more I win the more I can fuse to make them even stronger.

The rate I'm going I'll be unstoppable at level 22, but because I have no items for level 30, I don't have the option to go up a couple levels.

The item boxes are based on level though, so lower level boxes are quite a bit cheaper. I know this is not the focus of your post but I do feel the need to point it out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:10 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Korupt wrote:
starwa7s wrote:
One problem is the item boxes only give you items around your level. I have a level 22 build, I would like to see what more I could get for it, but it's already well enough equipped to have gotten a 100 kill streak (188 if you count a bug out).

Thing is it's taken me 88 wins to be able to afford 1 items box. So players who do pass through my level will only have a chance to get 4-5 item boxes max. I have 9 rare, legendary and epic items attached to my build. Unless you've got the items previously for this level, nobody is going to be able to beat me.

Up to now the only guy coming close to beating me is cilius. However the more I win the more I begin to snowball this level, because of the fusion core. All my weapons are already level 4 or above, my torso is level 6, and the more I win the more I can fuse to make them even stronger.

The rate I'm going I'll be unstoppable at level 22, but because I have no items for level 30, I don't have the option to go up a couple levels.

The item boxes are based on level though, so lower level boxes are quite a bit cheaper. I know this is not the focus of your post but I do feel the need to point it out.

Even with this they might be able to get 10 item boxes. With such a small chance of getting any rare items, they won't be able to build a mech as well built as mine. The weapons they receive will be random, so even if they get a rare item it might not even fit in with their build.

I understand where you're coming from, I started at level 30 so I didn't know the item box was cheaper at a lower level (makes sense though). Even then though it's still a little unfair.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:52 pm 
Major
Major

It is but with change comes a balancing period. There is not a single thing you can change that won't change something else intentionally or unintentionally. The key is to find the right balance, unfortunately it seems many would rather just give up than taking a bit of time to realize the perks of the game the way it is now and working to better it. Think of it this way, you are in on the ground floor, you have to deal with some good and some bad changes but you have an advantage here you get to voice what you think and help mold the game. Before this update all I saw from old players was posts saying the game becomes a bit boring at higher levels or some such thing. That problem has now been fixed, now let's work to mold the rest of it to the ideal game that we all want it to be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:52 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Korupt wrote:
It is but with change comes a balancing period. There is not a single thing you can change that won't change something else intentionally or unintentionally. The key is to find the right balance, unfortunately it seems many would rather just give up than taking a bit of time to realize the perks of the game the way it is now and working to better it. Think of it this way, you are in on the ground floor, you have to deal with some good and some bad changes but you have an advantage here you get to voice what you think and help mold the game. Before this update all I saw from old players was posts saying the game becomes a bit boring at higher levels or some such thing. That problem has now been fixed, now let's work to mold the rest of it to the ideal game that we all want it to be.

I'm complaining even though I'm doing extremely well with his new patch (I'd say I've found the majority of them advantages with this new system). Since the patch came out I've had two 100 win streaks, both interrupted by a bug. I do like this new system and I believe it has a lot of potential. My only concern is I feel I'm going to start snowballing the level I'm fighting at and there's little chance someone will be able to compete against me.

Up to now I haven't seen anyone else get a 100 win streak with the new patch (though I have slept so someone else might have had one and lost it without me noticing).

Another thing I have noticed :D When its the enemies turn, you've moved the weapons stats box to below the battlefield so we can see their weapon range now :) Thanks a lot :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:45 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

MrOneTwoo wrote:
I think they should be re-think this item box stuff, because just the lucky ones recieve the best weapons. Would be better if we can buy the legendary and epic items in the workshop.

I am not sure if you were around at that time, but some months ago (maybe 7 or 8) we had a shop system where you could only obtain rare or legendary weapons by buying them with red tokens.

We removed it shortly there after, as we saw that player with regular weapons couldn't stand a chance. You were able to 'buy' a win...

Then, we made all weapons for 'free' e.g. you were able to buy any weapon with SM credits. With the result that the players found their favorite building and had no interest to level up and battle on a higher level. Nice for the players but basically a disaster for any game developer :D
The game became stale, boring, and there was also no reason for player to buy any SM credits for tokens.
(which we need to maintain the game and keep it free-to-play for everyone)

So, we implemented blue tokens (like we have on BattleDawn as well)
Whenever you leveled up, you gained some blue tokens and were able to use them to purchase in-game advantages like the item box.
Honestly, I would like to forget this episode...
BD players joined SM to get those tokens and used them on BD (which leads to an imbalance on the servers) and SM players still stayed on their levels.

Of course we removed them and went back to our 'all is free' method as a temporary solution.

As you can see, it was a long journey to the system we have now with this update.

As much as I can understand you all and that it isn't easy for the 'old' players, I am still positive that the item boxes and the chance to get rare, epic or legendary there with SM credits OR tokens is the best and most fair solution.

No one wants to play a pay-to-win game but on the other hand those who supports the game and keep it alive need to have an advantage.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:01 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

so, my complains are....
1. you cant have all the items even if you are at max level
2. you cant even see all the items, to make a good idea on what you must to
3. i think most of us are curious about the epic and legendary new items
4. matchmaking is really destroyed now, many players dont have any chance of winning against the veterans, because they dont have the equipement to do it and they cant win money to earn this equipement
5. power level on legendary items.....big joke
6 very low chance on winning legendary items...i just spent my last TOKENS on the big items box, and i didnt received any legendary item, i received mostly kits !
7. now, is all about who has the best equipement, if you have the top level equipement, you destroy all the others, and i fought against many 30 lvl players, who dont have good equipement, but they showed skill and INTELLIGENCE when they fought vs me. AND I PLAY THIS GAME FOR MORE THAN A YEAR, and i know when a player is good.
8. Ilona, you are very wrong, the best chance on getting equippment is that in wich ALL EQUIPPEMENT IS AVAILABLE, for a cost, of course, LIKE IT WAS BEFORE.

One more thing...the last patch was almost perfect, was a nice balance, everybody was happy.... i saw the complains about the players wich use resistance kits, if many people didnt like those, they could be easily removed, instead of reseting the game...if you developers were listening and taken care of the suggestion of the players presented on the suggestion thread, there was no more raging, i can assure you that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:00 pm 
Captain
Captain

Give it a year they will fix everything :lol:

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:46 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Imposible ganarle a alguien con el escudo de 85%, ni siquiera tiene que tener habilidad.

Si hubiera una manera de comprarlo directamente, con el fin de competir lo comprara, pero ni siquiera con los token se puede estar seguro.

Y me imagino lo aburrido que será para quien lo tenga pelear con otro que también lo tiene.

Estoy pensando seriamente dejar de jugar.

Saludos
CAIN

Can not beat someone with the shield of 85%,not even have to have skill just the shield.

If there was a way to buy directly, in order to compete bought it, but even with the token can be sure.

And I imagine how boring it is for whoever has to fight with another who also has it.

I'm seriously thinking in stop playing.

regards
CAIN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:54 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!

Ok everyone, i should clear things up.
First of many things I have to say is, this patch will NOT be reverted. EVER. Forget the old item mechanics. HOWEVER, it will be updated from time to time, evolving into something better than it is now and it was before, I can guarantee you that, because you can't say if something got worse, it will ever stay that way. And the developers have no reason to keep it as it is now, instead they have many reasons to improve it. So keep pointing the flaws and you'll see them fixed in time, as long as you point them accurately and in a good manner(watch your language and don't swear pls, to whomever does that). And while doing that, PLEASE try to see and enjoy the good parts of the game, as they will start to shine as the bad parts and imbalances get fixed.

Thank you for reading,
-TheSingular
Edit:
The shields' absorption rate has already been lowered!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next