It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update 9th April 2014
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:24 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Dawnice wrote:
Ilona wrote:
- You can get the bonus once per player, no matter how many worlds you play

So if I get my day 1 bonus of 220 oil on F4, I could get my day 2 bonus of 240 oil + 240 metal on say.. E2? Or any other world for that matter?

Also, what happens after day 7?

you can get the bonus one different worlds so you can get day 1 on mars 1 and day 2 3 4 on mars 2 and to earth 1 for 5 6 7. After day 7 the resources refresh again from day 1 again.

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:58 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

The daily bonus is a huge improvement for many players.
With the amount of resources we give out now, you have tokens wise the same as before (145 blue tokens + the tokens you would use for the resources)
The biggest benefit will have the kongregate, minijuego and other players on affiliate servers. On all those sites was never an option to vote.

About the Voting sites per se:
They are outdated and lost the influence they have had years ago. The amount of players who found BD after visiting one of these top-lists is close to zero.
We kept the voting, as we know how important those tokens are for the players, we didn't go on with it for BD itself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:37 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Having Mixed feeling*

Well i got about 37*7=259 tokens weekly even after 1 of the voting sites was removed..Now i guess i will get 170 per week....Only 79 Tokens...Doesnot make a much of a difference nd if ur active enough to capture Wrecks..Then i say u donot need Blues at all :lol: :lol:

But i have a feeling that those Guys who have joined the game recently nd find it hard to win era's may Find this system irritating....Jus a feeling.

I WANT TO PERFORM BETTER THAN THIS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:41 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ilona wrote:

About the Voting sites per se:
They are outdated and lost the influence they have had years ago. The amount of players who found BD after visiting one of these top-lists is close to zero.

On E1 current era there were LOADS of new cols planted early in the era. In Europe it was totally full with new cols. These were mostly planted within a few ticks of each other. I asked Admin Simmen about it and he told me that Battledawn had recently been ranked number 1 on one of the sites.
This seems to go against what you said :?

Unfortunately most of those cols have been deleted due to inactivity.

Retention of new players was the problem here

Missed opportunity :(

Edit - additional

Maybe the sites seem to have lost influence because Battledawn isn't getting near the top of them as much as it could and maybe that it because people are doing the click thing without actually voting.

Couldn't it be arranged that say, once every 500 ticks (which is hardly shoving it down peoples throats) we get a message from admin asking us to vote?

The message could emphasize that it is in the players interest to actually do the voting process to bring new players to the game

The system was a doddle anyway.

There was only 1 site where you had to put in the correct details. The others you could put in any old nonsense and it would let you pass through and your vote was counted. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:29 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

It wasn't on a voting site....

Like I said before, the voting pages weren't relevant for us at all. For new players its more the opposite and quite bad when we tell them : Hey, vote for us! And there, you can also check out what other games are highly ranked, maybe you want to play those instead?! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:38 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

This system is significantly worse than the voting system. I'm losing over a hundred blues per week when you factor all voting sites and the toolbar.

Why do you give resources? Why not a small number of blues instead? I say dont give us any oil, energy, or workers. Replace them with blues, building up each day.

I don't need you to tell me what to spend my blue tokens on. What if I don't need oil? What if I need metal?

This is like the difference between giving someone 20 dollars, and giving them a gift certificate to Borders. What if I don't want books? Who are you to tell me that I would have used those blues on oil and E?

It doesn't appear to make any difference to you if I get 200 oil, or 10 blue tokens. Either way, blues are a currency that I have to use on battledawn to buy resources, which you are giving me. Let me buy the ones that I want, instead of the ones you think I should have.

This is particularly potent during Havoc. I don't need any resources at all in 4 days of havoc. I need to save blues for next era start. Your system is useless to me in the days between eras.

You say you did away with voting because hardly anyone voted - but is "hardly anyone" better or worse than "nobody"? Under your current model, absolutely no one can vote, because there is no voting system.

Players now get 100 fewer blues per week, and tiny scraps of resources that will most likely not be useful are supposed to make up for it.

I suspect that most of the people who are commenting in support of this new system haven not actually done the math to realize they're getting less. They see the lump sum at the end and get excited, not realizing that you've taken blues away from them, and then decided for them what you think they would have used those blues on.

And this isn't even mentioning the fact that we can't save blues up for coming eras. In deciding to give us workers instead of blues, you've destroyed any possibility of saving blues to be able to start a strong era. This will require more people to purchase reds in order to begin a game with a similar number of tokens.

I understand that getting people to buy red tokens is your job. I understand that red tokens pay for the game. I don't have anything against you encouraging us to buy more tokens. But if you're going to alter the system to force us to do so, don't come in here and tell us that the change is for our own good and that it's better than before.

It isn't.

This system is designed to get more reds purchased. At least call it what it is, and I'll respect it. Otherwise all it seems like you're doing is trying to trick us into thinking we still have what we had before. I don't respect people who try to lie to me, and I'm not stupid. Giving me "an equal amount" of resources for the blues you have taken away is NOT the same. It is worse for me, and better for you. Period.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:22 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Get1 wrote:
Maybe the sites seem to have lost influence because Battledawn isn't getting near the top of them as much as it could and maybe that it because people are doing the click thing without actually voting.

Couldn't it be arranged that say, once every 500 ticks (which is hardly shoving it down peoples throats) we get a message from admin asking us to vote?

The message could emphasize that it is in the players interest to actually do the voting process to bring new players to the game

There was only 1 site where you had to put in the correct details. The others you could put in any old nonsense and it would let you pass through and your vote was counted. :lol:

tbh, I don't think anyone actually use those sites anymore. Before when the web game became a boom, those sites had very good influences and ppl visit it a lot to see what to play. Now when web game has cooled down and people are going back to the PC online games or console games, the sites lost their touch.

EDIT: for the guy above (since I'm editing I can't quote or see the poster's name, I can take a second look at the thread but I don't have time now)

blue tokens is a currency, yes

but we don't give it to you for free, we give it to you as a reward when you've done something that will benefit us. It's called equivalent exchange. You voted for us, our ranking rises and gain more players. You used the toolbar, the toolbar will give us a few income in return.

And now we practically give it for free, all you need to do is log in and click. And you get blues, how simple is that.

If u're talking about how low the token received per week is, there are better ways for u to get even more tokens, make youtube video and send it to the admins, or better, join the MT team or the tribune team, we certainly can use a couple more helps.

about the voting, it doesn't matter if it's "none" or "a few" now, since it gives us literally 0 players. So why do we have to keep it when it's not even give us anything? The toolbar is buggy and installing / uninstalling it is annoying and will give you tons of ads and even annoying programs that can be a big security threat. Do you really wish for us to continue supporting it, and let lots of our players invite in viruses and trojans? I'm pretty sure we don't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:26 pm 
News Team
News Team

Why don't u just remove blues and higher shield to 500...

Because the 220 oil i so useful in so many ways

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ilona wrote:
It wasn't on a voting site....

Like I said before, the voting pages weren't relevant for us at all. For new players its more the opposite and quite bad when we tell them : Hey, vote for us! And there, you can also check out what other games are highly ranked, maybe you want to play those instead?! :lol:

:) I see you point about about new players maybe leaving after seeing other games after BD has diverted them to vote.

Out of interest - if it wasn't a voting site all those new guys came from then how did Battledawn get to be top of their list?

I looked at the site and didn't notice it wasn't one of the voting sites :oops: (I've lost the name of it now because it has annoyingly dropped out of my message box as happens in this game)

aister wrote:
Get1 wrote:

tbh, I don't think anyone actually use those sites anymore. Before when the web game became a boom, those sites had very good influences and ppl visit it a lot to see what to play. Now when web game has cooled down and people are going back to the PC online games or console games, the sites lost their touch.

EDIT: for the guy above (since I'm editing I can't quote or see the poster's name, I can take a second look at the thread but I don't have time now)

blue tokens is a currency, yes

but we don't give it to you for free, we give it to you as a reward when you've done something that will benefit us. It's called equivalent exchange. You voted for us, our ranking rises and gain more players. You used the toolbar, the toolbar will give us a few income in return.

And now we practically give it for free, all you need to do is log in and click. And you get blues, how simple is that.

If u're talking about how low the token received per week is, there are better ways for u to get even more tokens, make youtube video and send it to the admins, or better, join the MT team or the tribune team, we certainly can use a couple more helps.

about the voting, it doesn't matter if it's "none" or "a few" now, since it gives us literally 0 players. So why do we have to keep it when it's not even give us anything? The toolbar is buggy and installing / uninstalling it is annoying and will give you tons of ads and even annoying programs that can be a big security threat. Do you really wish for us to continue supporting it, and let lots of our players invite in viruses and trojans? I'm pretty sure we don't.

Thanks for the incite regarding those sites :)

also:

I understand what your saying about equivalent exchange but there is a less obvious way non token buyers benefit the game. non token buyers help populate the worlds and make it a better target rich environment for the token buyers as well as making the world more dynamic by the very fact that there are more players.

If all the non token buyers suddenly upped and left the game I'm sure more than a few of the token buyers would leave also.

As Hitchinsd was saying, players (I include myself in this) save up blues for up coming eras. It helps level the playing field with Red boosters.

So while you may argue that you "practically give it for free" I would argue that you are rewarding the non red buyers for the reasons I gave above, even if this seems, at first glance, counter intuitive.

Look at it this way - if non token buyers had no means of getting blues would they all still be playing?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:11 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Too long, didn't read. Good idea. Will be a nice change.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next